Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Seaneh wrote: »
    Your first team has an average rating of 94.

My first team has an average rating of 90.

My pest player (dzeko) and one of my startets (honda) are both missing.

I'm sorry but if you don't win the playoffs it's a farce. I can lose, heavily and still consider my season to have been a success, if you aren't in Div 1 next season it's ridiculous. You finishing 6th in division 2 this season is beyond unacceptable.

Beyond unacceptable? Riiight.

I'm glad you're not in charge so!

Gonna be a fun few days... :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Beyond unacceptable? Riiight.

I'm glad you're not in charge so!

You have the highest average rating of any team in the game world. You getting relegated was bad enough but not romping to the Division 2 title with a record points total and undefeated streak is just laughable.

Like I said, I could lose heavily to you and still be happy with my season.

If you don't get promoted, I reckon it's time for you to do the right thing and harakiri.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Al Capwned wrote: »

Best of luck with your games :)

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

eh i dunno wrote: »
    im playing my youths so my lads will fresh for the play offs so you can probably afford to rest 6/7 stars

A pox on thee...Would of made the playoffs if barca had lost but sure thems the breaks.

Think I finished sevnth last season as well, some serious stagnation but on the plus side max meyer repaid the faith I showed in him all season and finished with 10 goals and 17 assists from 35 games...Take that ashley young:P

You have the highest average rating of any team in the game world. You getting relegated was bad enough but not romping to the Division 2 title with a record points total and undefeated streak is just laughable.

Like I said, I could lose heavily to you and still be happy with my season.

If you don't get promoted, I reckon it's time for you to do the right thing and harakiri.
    Laughable.... hehe good effort.
    Again, I'm glad you're not in charge.
    Best of luck with your games :)
    Cheers pal.

• Advertisement

Also, Villa playing their second team tonight againt Barca, I'm beyond disappointed, farcical decision, you basically gave Barca a buy at the expense of Shakhtar, disgraceful stuff.

I really hope Portsmouth are promoted if I am beaten by the highest rated team in the game world.

I don't know what is worse, Barcelona finishing 6th in Division 2, Lazio finishing 11th is Division 3 or Sporting, the team who "could manage themselves" being relegated to division 4.

Shocking stuff.

I wish Portsmouth the best of luck in their upcoming play-off match.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Also, Villa playing their second team tonight againt Barca, I'm beyond disappointed, farcical decision, you basically gave Barca a buy at the expense of Shakhtar, disgraceful stuff.

I really hope Portsmouth are promoted if I am beaten by the highest rated team in the game world.

I don't know what is worse, Barcelona finishing 6th in Division 2, Lazio finishing 11th is Division 3 or Sporting, the team who "could manage themselves" being relegated to division 4.

Shocking stuff.

I wish Portsmouth the best of luck in their upcoming play-off match.

he was saving his squad for the playoff game, same as people do for cup games through out the season .... is is difficult for you to let other managers run their teams how they see fit?

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    he was saving his squad for the playoff game, same as people do for cup games through out the season .... is is difficult for you to let other managers run their teams how they see fit?

Villa were still playing for a chance to win the division outright tonight, as was I.
    I think that as long as you are playing a game which potentially effects those still in with a shout of promotion or if you yourself still have a chance or winning getting automatic promotion or winning the league, you have a duty of going for the win, and not just accepting a defeat so you get the easier playoff draw and have a rested team.
    I could have let Sao Paulo beat me and played Portsmouth in the semi's but I went for and got the win because it was the right thing to do.

Villa rolling over and letting Barca win tonight meant that Shakhtar were denied their chance at a play off spot.

Disgraceful, shocking, farcical, giving Barca a buy, disappointed....

Wow, man you sound like you need a hug. Do you want a hug? I can do a hug.
    gimme-a-hug.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gerp99

Samir Nasri 92 rated AM (RLC) up for sale!

Looking for part exchange with a similar rated defender if thats possible :P

• Advertisement

Villa were still playing for a chance to win the division outright tonight, as was I.
    I think that as long as you are playing a game which potentially effects those will in with a shout of promotion or if you yourself still have a chance or winning getting automatic promotion or winning the league, you have a duty of going for the win, and not just accepting a defeat so you get the easier playoff draw and have a rested team.
    I could have let Sao Paulo beat me and played Portsmouth in the semi's but I went for and got the win because it was the right thing to do

oh, so people better stop rotating squads for cup gamesaswell as they could end up missing out on points that might make a differnence to you later on in the season...

get a grip, its a GAME ... the man figured he went about it the right way ...maybe you can prove him wrong in the final

Easy win 4-0 against Villa's reserves.

we've established that ... but he has a full fit first eleven available for the semis

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

oh, so people better stop rotating squads for cup gamesaswell as they could end up missing out on points that might make a differnence to you later on in the season...

get a grip, its a GAME ... the man figured he went about it the right way ...maybe you can prove him wrong in the final

I think he went about it the wrong way and not because it cost me a chance but I reckon if he could of kept barca out of the playoffs all together he'd stand a better chance of promotion.

I won't be in the final. I tried to win, I won, 2 of the 3 teams above me also got results that meant they finished above me, and well done them, they deserved their promotions as they tried, all season, to win games.

I now have to play the best team in the entire game world, who just came off a game against a pile of nobodies.

If I win it's a miracle, if he loses it's almost as laughable as him being relegated last season.

Like I said, I hope Portsmouth beat villa and then beat Barca in the play off final.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I won't be in the final. I tried to win, I won, 2 of the 3 teams above me also got results that meant they finished above me, and well done them, they deserved their promotions as they tried, all season, to win games.

I now have to play the best team in the entire game world, who just came off a game against a pile of nobodies.

If I win it's a miracle, if he loses it's almost as laughable as him being relegated last season.

Like I said, I hope Portsmouth beat villa and then beat Barca in the play off final.

You take this game WAY to seriously..

So people think Villa could have taken barca when his first 11 looks like an avg 89, benfica on the other hand are moaning that they have no change of beating barce with a first team with an average of 90ish?

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    You take this game WAY to seriously..

I don't take it seriously at all.
    I just try to win and be fair to the other players around me instead of just being happy being an also-ran.

So people think Villa could have taken barca when his first 11 looks like an avg 89, benfica on the other hand are moaning that they have no change of beating barce with a first team with an average of 90ish?

I will try and beat barca, that's the difference.

Villa didn't even try, they just rolled over.

No offence to eh i dunno or to Villa, but I was very confident whatever team he selected to play. 6 league wins in a row before tonight.
    He made a decision, as was his right to do, and he shouldn't be taking flack for it imo.

Oh, and Iniesta is back fit too. I'm still happy.

• Advertisement

So he made the decision to lose today so that he could lose again in a few days time?

That's beyond backwards.

I hope he loses to Portsmouth just so karma defeats him.

Also, the fact that it took you two thirds of a season and my advice to turn your fortunes around despite the players available to you is hilarious.

A decent manager would have been challenging Real for the Division 1 title this season instead of barely scraping 6th in Division 2.

You stay classy now ya hear.

Talk to you on Saturday night....
    Mes Que Un Playoff ;)

Barcelona trying to claim the moral high-ground while benefiting from dodgy decisions.

Sounds about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

Real madrid offered 5.5million in prize money.

CESC FABREGAS AWARDED SMFA PLAYER OF THE SEASON.

21 goals 14 assists and an avp of 8.14

Congrats on winning the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Lads relax. Check my team v barca. It was my strongest team. Two injuries in that match destroyed me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Congrats on winning the title.

Thanks mate I thoroughly enjoyed the head to head with you and you pushed me to the very last game and im sure youll he back next season again even stronger.

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Lads relax. Check my team v barca. It was my strongest team. Two injuries in that match destroyed me

Sorry about that, someone implied you'd played a weakened team to save yourself for playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Sorry about that, someone implied you'd played a weakened team to save yourself for playoffs.

i did in the hope barca would do the same. In hindsight i should have. Picked up two injuries and the lads are now wrecked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

My first day of unemployment. What should I do...

YJlrw8B.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Looks like it's premiership ratings time on SM.

Norwich and Fulham ratings out today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement