Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

ok ...

as one or 3-4 mgrs have said to me not to let the opinion of others stop you bidding, I'm putting in one (public) bid (would love if they were all public, there would be no "I could have esily beaten offer X")

Probably wont be strong enough but its there ... 2m, Feghouli (90) of Valencia and Nieto a Barcelona B up and coming star - it is the max my chairman will allow so there yo go.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Welcome back pepper.

Im the man that took over from you at madrid last season.

I won the div 1 title after you left and just won it again this season. Hope I done you proud:)

Top lad! Well done! :)

You proved that my foundations I placed were structurally sound... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

After alot of consideration I have decided to take a break from SM. Had been thinking about leaving for a while but said I would stay until the end of the season and see if I could keep Newcastle in division one but unfortunately I couldn't do so.

There is a decent squad there for someone to take over and hopefully get them straight back up to division one and there is also a budget of 99.2m if anyone ever decides to sell for cash again;)

Have to say thanks to Mac for setting up the league, enjoyed it for the most part and there are some great posters on here and best of luck to everyone especially whoever takes over at Newcastle:D
    You won't reconsider??

Wilberto wrote: »
    On a more soccer manager relate note though, I wonder how much compensation I'll get for aul' Giggsy Malone!! One thing's for certain, it won't be enough!

Also, does anyone have any 87/88 rated strikers for loan? I know it's a bit cheeky taking players in before the play-off but, in my defence, after Junior Hoilett losing his ability to play up front mid to late season, followed by a horrific injury to Nolan Roux (88) causing him to miss the entire play-off, I can't help but feel a little cheated!

Oh, and I've also lost my right back due to a serious injury so yes, the game itself is cheating me out of the game.

Also, my new(ish) signing, Dejagah, is half dead (despite being rested) so he may not be of much use in the play-off either!
    Anyone my chairman will loan is fair game bud!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Nicolas Gaitan hit 90 this morning, awwwww yeah!!

• Advertisement

Camilo ZUÑIGA has completed his move to FC Porto from Valencia in a swap deal for Aaron LENNON

With James McCarthy's imminent departure, I needed a DMC or a D(which would allow me to rejig my back 4 and move n'koulou in MC).

This lad will slot straight into my back 4.

Thanks Valencia, quickest deal ever!

Guys,

When I sold Higuain to Bayern, I got cash, Boateng and a lad called Nils Petersen was also thrown in the deal.

I've regretted moving on Higuain ever since and with boateng leaving at the turn of the season, this Petersen fella will be the final reminder of the great player we once had at FCP.

Tbh, I cant stand the sight of him at training, his presence keeps opening up that wound of letting my only ever 94 rated player go...

I've tried sending him out on loan but it just doesnt stop the hurt me and the management team are suffering since Higs departure.

Therefore, HE HAS TO GO ...

an 87 rated FC for 4.77m -- a handy backup for someone?

Player | Pos | Age | Rate | Value
    PETERSEN, Nils | F(C) | 25 | 87 | 4.7M

speaking of McCarthy's imminent departure:

James MCCARTHY has completed his move to SSC Napoli from FC Porto in a swap deal for Simon MIGNOLET and Richairo ZIVKOVIC

FCP would like to welcome another Belgian to their ranks ... Welcome Simon.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Right, I'm changing what I said yesterday about a player, and I've sent PMs round as well to people I was discussing him with.

But I've decided to hold on to Turan. There's a lot of talk he's moving to an English PL club with Man United being touted, which would make me want to keep him. And I'm hopeful for a rise to 92.

And because of those two facts, I reckon I'm valuing him higher than others are. I don't think I can get equivalent value for him based on who I'm being offered. So yeah....I'd like to apologise to people whom I've basically called off transfer dealings with him this morning, but for now, he'll be staying put :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

When is the second legs of the play offs on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,205 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

eh i dunno wrote: »
    When is the second legs of the play offs on?

There is only 1 leg in the Semi Final.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

There is only 1 leg in the Semi Final.

Really? Balls :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Semi final tonight.
    Final on Monday, depending on how tonight goes.
    Champions League final on Tuesday, not sure if I mentioned that......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Lads,

I'm just going to say THANK GOD Mac & Wilberto are mods! I had seriously considered jumping ship for good, but I was told to hold on that mods were coming so I would like to thank the boards mods for following through!

Finally, an end to some of the juvenile crap that had been allowed to happen here, its about time and I for one am delighted!

There is a fine line between banter and persecution, too often that line has been well and truly blurred and crossed here, but no more!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck to the 2 lads!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh,

Also....

I'll be keeping Smalling I think, the main reason being is that I'm one of the few Utd fans that actually rate him!!! With Boateng coming in & Chiriches set to partner him at CB until Laporte is ready I thought I could afford to let him go....

But I still think LVG will bring in only 1 CB this summer and it will be between Evans & Smalling for the other starting CB spot, I'm not discounting Jones but with his injury record and his inability to absolutely NAIL DOWN a CB position in the mind of previous managers I think he could be labeled as a utility player... I can see Utd on the long rocky road to recovery next season and Smalling might just hang on in there and get some game time, if he gets the right defensive partner in there to guide him he could come into some form!

thanks for the interest anyhow!

* Sorry Spurs, your offer was DAMN TEMPTING & I did almost accept a few times

Lads,

I'm just going to say THANK GOD Mac & Wilberto are mods! I had seriously considered jumping ship for good, but I was told to hold on that mods were coming so I would like to thank the boards mods for following through!

Finally, an end to some of the juvenile crap that had been allowed to happen here, its about time and I for one am delighted!

There is a fine line between banter and persecution, too often that line has been well and truly blurred and crossed here, but no more!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck to the 2 lads!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well hopefully that won't happen any more. We're not going too change anything lads other then maybe up dating the charter so carry on... Nothing too see here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Well hopefully that won't happen any more. We're not going too change anything lads other then maybe up dating the charter so carry on... Nothing too see here

Good stuff, you'd swear it was Nazi Germany the way some are talking. "Persecution" Christ almighty!

Anyway, not much transfer news in Munich, as I said before, I'm pretty happy with the team as is. Ribery is still available but I'd be happy enough to hang onto one of the few 96+ players in the game :)

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Good stuff, you'd swear it was Nazi Germany the way some talking. "Persecution" Christ almighty!

Anyway, not much transfer news in Munich, as I said before, I'm pretty happy with the team as is. Ribery is still available but I'd be happy enough to hang onto one of the few 96+ players in the game :)

The best two men for the job have been appointed for me.

As i said in the other thread, it has not been screaming out for mods, but they will help us get the place running better.

I agree about the bit in bold, a bit over the top to use the word persecution to say the least.

Bollix - I thought they'd forgotten about him.... :pac:

6addeea37f72cdb54381673fa7dee0a1.png

Bit of a decision to be made as regards selection for tonights playoff game v Benfica now.
    A lot of my players condition is in the mid to low 80's and with potentially two more games to go, it's going to be a balancing act....

• Advertisement

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Bollix - I thought they'd forgotten about him.... :pac:

6addeea37f72cdb54381673fa7dee0a1.png

Ahhhhh so close man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Are we bringing back monitoring or is it staying off.

What new rules are being introduced this season?

JamboMac wrote: »
    Are we bringing back monitoring or is it staying off.

What new rules are being introduced this season?

I thunk as it wad never fulky off for the entire season mac was leaving it off for next season

One point to consider ....with peoplr movjng teams would monitoring interfere wth deals done close to tge moves

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I thunk as it wad never fulky off for the entire season mac was leaving it off for next season

One point to consider ....with peoplr movjng teams would monitoring interfere wth deals done close to tge moves

I think it does affect if the players sold and they move teams relatively soon after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Bit of a decision to be made as regards selection for tonights playoff game v Benfica now.
    A lot of my players condition is in the mid to low 80's and with potentially two more games to go, it's going to be a balancing act....

I had to do the same last season. I took a gamble in the playoff semis and rested most of my first team players for the final. A gamble that payed off ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

How long is it between the first play-off match and the final?

tonic wine wrote: »
    I had to do the same last season. I took a gamble in the playoff semis and rested most of my first team players for the final. A gamble that payed off ;)

Is the CL game not one that doesnt affect fitness?

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    How long is it between the first play-off match and the final?

The play-off finals will be on Monday night I think, if my memory is anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

It doesn't as far as I know. I wasn't on about the CL though just to avoid any confusion :)
    But ya, it's just both playoff games that need to be taken into consideration for fitness

• Advertisement

Yep.

But, it's a consideration for me if I get through tonight, as the CL Final is the day after the Playoff final...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement