Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

First play-off match tonight against Club America. I'm going in expecting to lose since my record against big teams is crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    First play-off match tonight against Club America. I'm going in expecting to lose since my record against big teams is crap.

You'd better not....

I'm sick of the sight of ya :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

We agreed too leave monitoring as it is lads as it didn't work properly last season for some time.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    We agreed too leave monitoring as it is lads as it didn't work properly last season for some time.

So what changes are being made for the forthcoming season? The login time change and what else???

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So what changes are being made for the forthcoming season? The login time change and what else???

Does anything else need changing? Everything else seems to be working pretty well.

• Advertisement

Does anything else need changing? Everything else seems to be working pretty well.

I was more asking if anything else had been approved rather than suggesting more changes!

It's hard to keep track of everything with all the discussions and polls!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Finally some good deals and good young players heading to Werder Bremen.

Juan Bernat has completed his move to Werder Bremen from Valencia in a swap deal for Diego Forlan
    Paco ALCÁCER has completed his move to Werder Bremen from Valencia for 6,000,000

In a deal that has Diego Forlan moving to Valencia, it sees Juan Bernat & Paco Alcacer moving in the opposite direction.

A 21 yr old 87 & a 20 yr old 85 who both had a good season for Valencia IRL :)
    Arkadiusz MILIK has completed his move to Werder Bremen from NAC Breda for 5,043,000 plus Sebastian MIELITZ . All other offers were turned down.

Bayer Leverkusen player who'll be on loan at Ajax for next season, 20yr old 85 as well.

Happy so far :)

Finally some good deals and good young players heading to Werder Bremen.

In a deal that has Diego Forlan moving to Valencia, it sees Juan Bernat & Paco Alcacer moving in the opposite direction.

A 21 yr old 87 & a 20 yr old 85 who both had a good season for Valencia IRL :)

Bayer Leverkusen player who'll be on loan at Ajax for next season, 20yr old 85 as well.

Happy so far :)

Bernat in particular is a steal IMO, well done ;)

_71114096_draxler.jpg

Julian DRAXLER has completed his move to US Palermo
    The German wonderkid is pleased that he will now command a starting spot in the sizzling US Palermo attack.

He is also rumoured to be starting in US Palermo's semi final play-off match tonight.

But thats not all...
    In a surprising announcement there was another clause in the Draxler/Ramsey deal. John Terry would also be moving too US Palermo in a swap deal with Zambrano + an undisclosed cash fee.

And with that John Terry announcement 8 of Palermo's players have sent their wives to live in Spain..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Nothing against it myself - I'm trying to sign a couple as it is, :)

But was there a discussion of prohibiting transfers after the end of the league season, i.e. preventing teams buying players for playoffs?

• Advertisement

Al Capwned wrote: »

But was there a discussion of prohibiting transfers after the end of the league season, i.e. preventing teams buying players for playoffs?

I know that loans are considered in bad taste alright but I think your right there was a thread about signing players during the playoffs, not sure anything came of that though

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

There was briefly, but I don't know if a conclusion was reached or if we figured out was it possibly to ban deals for such a set, specific time without just turning on transfer windows wholeless-pickless.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,205 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

There was a thread about having a transfer window implemented to try and stop it I think.

Nothing came of it as I don't think many would want a window.

I still think loaning players in just for the play off's is a bad move.

No problem with loan players playing, or buying players. My dislike is the specifically for the play off bit.

There are no rules, so play by your opinions.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057162573

Do really see why there'd be any issue with signing players during the playoffs..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Spain have qualified for the SMFA World Cup Finals. Please see your schedule for the date of the fixtures.

Borussia Dortmund have been awarded 3,234,072 in prize money.
    Borussia Dortmund have finished Ninth in Division 1
    Cederic MITU is retiring at the end of this season.

End of season news!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I had suggezted the transfer window shut fro gw 35/36 until gw to stop transfers to playoff teams but skysports and the coined phrase #sillyseason disagreed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

MrMac84 wrote: »

I'd be of the opinion that's done more harm than good having it off and it should be turned back on asap to be honest.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I had suggezted the transfer window shut fro gw 35/36 until gw to stop transfers to playoff teams but skysports and the coined phrase #sillyseason disagreed

Out of interest.
    Why would you want it shut?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Seaneh wrote: »
    I'd be of the opinion that's done more harm than good having it off and it should be turned back on asap to be honest.

Maybe do a poll as we have had it on long enough to really make a decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Out of interest.
    Why would you want it shut?

Because with the window shut you can still do deals to buy and sell players and complete the deals but the players dont move till the window opens. This stop richer clubs buying players from teams whose seasons have finished to get an advantage over playoff rivals.

It doesnt stop you doing deals, players just dont move straight away

• Advertisement

JamboMac wrote: »
    Maybe do a poll as we have had it on long enough to really make a decision.

Poll schmoll, it's just my opinion. It's been on for the guts of a season and as a result we've seen some dodgy deals including cross-world deals and stupidly one-sided deals between people who were previously banned from transfers with each other.

It was a bad idea from the outset.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Poll schmoll, it's just my opinion. It's been on for the guts of a season and as a result we've seen some dodgy deals including cross-world deals and stupidly one-sided deals between people who were previously banned from transfers with each other.

It was a bad idea from the outset.

Yes some people took advantage of the situation but as we are a democracy I thought we should have a poll, but at the end of the it's adolf macs choice.

Heil Mac.

JamboMac wrote: »
    Yes some people took advantage of the situation but as we are a democracy I thought we should have a poll, but at the end of the it's adolf macs choice.

Heil Mac.

Ah yeah I get what you're saying, I'm just saying I might be in a minority here.

The man still needs hugging. :)

Good luck to all teams in the playoffs this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Cant believe the playoffs are only 1 leg and im away and a load of unfit players. Should have rested the lads on Thurs

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Cant believe the playoffs are only 1 leg and im away and a load of unfit players. Should have rested the lads on Thurs

Sure you couldn't do that. People would be disappointed.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Because with the window shut you can still do deals to buy and sell players and complete the deals but the players dont move till the window opens. This stop richer clubs buying players from teams whose seasons have finished to get an advantage over playoff rivals.

It doesnt stop you doing deals, players just dont move straight away

But what if one of the weaker playoff teams had a chance to buy a really good player to boost their squad?

You're stopping a weaker team from evening the odds against their much stronger opponent.

Two first team players out and playing the biggest underachievers in the game world.
    Hopefully I can keep my 9 game unbeaten run going but I don't see it happening against a team as over powered as Barca.

Looking toward next season's promotion run.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,205 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Sure you couldn't do that. People would be disappointed.

No problem with resting players for the benefit of your own team for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Two first team players out and playing the biggest underachievers in the game world.
    Hopefully I can keep my 9 game unbeaten run going but I don't see it happening against a team as over powered as Barca.

Technically, if Barcelona are the biggest underachievers in the game, it means that you should be comfortably beating them! ;)

:D:P:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement