Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

No problem with resting players for the benefit of your own team for me.

My only problem with it in Villa's case was that

1: He was still in with a chance of winning the league and I think he owed it to himself to go for it.
    2: His result affected who finished 6th (Shakhtar and a few others).

I'm glad he did it the right way and went for the win, it would have been easy for him to play his second string and focus on Portsmouth in the semi's, it's gone against him and makes it harder for the playoffs but I know he knows he made the right call going for it.

Wilberto wrote: »
    Technically, if Barcelona are the biggest underachievers in the game, it means that you should be comfortably beating them! ;)

:D:P:pac:

He should be pushing Real for the Division 1 title, not scraping 6th place in division 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Seaneh wrote: »
    My only problem with it in Villa's case was that

1: He was still in with a chance of winning the league and I think he owed it to himself to go for it.
    2: His result affected who finished 6th (Shakhtar and a few others).

I'm glad he did it the right way and went for the win, it would have been easy for him to play his second string and focus on Portsmouth in the semi's, it's gone against him and makes it harder for the playoffs but I know he knows he made the right call going for it.

Yep had to go for it...sure the way results went i would have been promoted if i'd won. I lost and now got to rally the troops for tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Good luck to those in playoffs. I was there before and players conditioning goes to the dogs I remember playing players with very low fitness near not match fit if I remember and I won the playoffs somehow.

So my only bit of advice is not to worry too much about fitness just play your best players

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Good luck to those in the playoffs.

On another note how much will frank lampard drop now that he's gone to the states.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

JamboMac wrote: »
    Good luck to those in the playoffs.

On another note how much will frank lampard drop now that he's gone to the states.

Shouldn't only drop 1r2 now and then maybe again in the next review

Wheres he going? Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Silly season continues!!!!!!!

Hot on the heels of J Boateng making his way to Lazio, another deal has been agreed to bring in another world class Bundesliga player!!!!

N Sahin has agreed terms to join SS Lazio!! The deal will see Capoue + Tolisso + 10mil go to Boca along with B Traore to join also!

Even though I am giving away some of my better youth prospects the deal is pretty much in the same vein as the J Boateng deal, its time to concentrate on the first team and push on up the table!!!!

Now to find a striker and happy days ;-)

National anthem now playing at Fratton Park. Cmon the Villa

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Here we go...

really-nervous.gif

nervous.gif?w=660

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gerp99

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Here we go...

really-nervous.gif

nervous.gif?w=660

Really hope you win!

Would be nice to see my old club get promoted! :D

• Advertisement

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjh7NxP7_EA-mp0DS4y9cJLIuZbANKnmKAf5qtUXQaB6Dkway_

GET IN!!!

Matthew Scorr steered US Palermo to victory against Club América.
    US Palermo outclassed Club América and thrashed them 7 - 0 in their Play-Off fixture.
    Balotelli scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Zambrano and Joaquín were also amongst the goalscorers.

Oh... and Balotelli has returned!

Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Looks like Barcelona's exile continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,205 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

GET IN!!!

US Palermo outclassed Club América and thrashed them 7 - 0 in their Play-Off fixture.
    Balotelli scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Close one, but a win is a win and you'll be delighted to be in the final!

Eh i dunno steered Aston Villa to victory against Portsmouth.
    Aston Villa beat Portsmouth 2 - 0 in their Play-Off fixture.
    Agbonlahor scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Holtby was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Get in

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Eh i dunno steered Aston Villa to victory against Portsmouth.
    Aston Villa beat Portsmouth 2 - 0 in their Play-Off fixture.
    Agbonlahor scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Holtby was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Get in

May the best man win in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Can't say I'm not disappointed because I am. Despite 13 shots on target, I couldn't defeat the MOTM in the shape of the Benfica keeper.

I've another final to worry about now, so Congrats to Seaneh, and good luck in the playoff final...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

So do abenfica and villa get to battle it out in the final ...

Interesting :D

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Can't say I'm not disappointed because I am. Despite 13 shots on target, I couldn't defeat the MOTM in the shape of the Benfica keeper.

I've another final to worry about now, so Congrats to Seaneh, and good luck in the playoff final...

I knew you'd dominate the game so I did what my namesake would and parked the bus and hoped for a goal on the break.

I consulted the great eirannBear who advised me on how to get a result against the big guns in a knockout setting.

I fully Admit we got lucky and played "anti-football" but my decision has been justified in the result.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Looks like Barcelona's exile continues.

Ronaldinho back to haunt his old team!

Best of luck to those in the finals on Monday night!

• Advertisement

May the best man win in the final.

Good luck

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Good luck

Seaneh having taken your call . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Just in relation to the monitoring on / off chatter that has started again

1) Mac instantly stated is would stay off for a full season the nexts season when it transpired an error had been made when turning it off an indeed it actually wasnt off at all

2) How do people propose we deal with managers moving clubs ( which happens frequently enough)?
    eg. I have a deal completed with Anzhi in the last few days, has applied for an potentially could get the Newcastle gig.
    with monitoring off, no problem, deal stays done
    with monitoring on, deal will potentially gets reversed as one of the teams involved moved clubs x days after doing the deal.
    The deal is legit and the Newcastle job wasnt available when the deal was done ,

3)How do people propose we deal with deals were some managers look for 'something different'?
    I sold Jovetic(91) for 8.1M and Á.MORATA(87) & D.RUGANI(80) because I really wanted Morata, few might say this isnt a balanced transfer, SMFA could possibly have reversed this is monitoring was on ... again, I consider this a fair deal. the chairman value was met but not everyone might see it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Leave it off for another season, as agreed would be my 2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

GET IN!!!

Not saying anything!!.... New manager for 1 game, plays 3-3-4 with players all over the place....!!:rolleyes:

anyway, im off fishing!

i really need to let the love affair with CA go.

Leave it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Leave it off for another season, as agreed would be my 2c.

Thats already a done deal though as Mac said earlier no??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy steered Estudiantes to victory against Stuttgart.
    Estudiantes outclassed Stuttgart and beat them 1 - 0 in their Play-Off fixture.
    Zapata scored the winner for Estudiantes and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Honestly, it's worrying that it wasn't more. We can't afford to be that wasteful against Palermo.

Still though, if you had offered me a play-off final at the start of the season...etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

wait, when did mac and wilberto become mods????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Come on the German war machine! :pac:
    The Governor steered Werder Bremen to victory against Málaga CF.
    Werder Bremen beat Málaga CF 3 - 2 on penalties after a 1 - 1 draw in their Play-Off fixture.
    Icardi scored the only goal for Werder Bremen and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

With first choice left back Senad Lulic suspended, new signing Juan Bernat was put straight into the starting eleven and with Diego Forlans departure just before the big game, all faith was placed in young Mauro Icardi alone up front.

Both re-payed their managers faith by putting in superb performances with Icardi getting Bremens goal and also being voted man of the match.

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement