Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Btw in my excitement I forgot to say hard luck to Malaga, I honestly thought you would win that one. Been a great team all season to compete against.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

wait, when did mac and wilberto become mods????

A few days back but officially today .

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

MrMac84 wrote: »
    A few days back but officially today .

congrats to you and wilberto!

Lads the monitoring is staying as is till the end of the new season. We said we'd try 1 full season and there hasn't been one yet

I've been waiting too post like that all day :D do it Wilberto it feels good ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Lads the monitoring is staying as is till the end of the new season. We said we'd try 1 full season and there hasn't been one yet [B/]

I've been waiting too post like that all day :D do it Wilberto it feels good ha ha

Annnnnnnd

You did it wrong! the / is in the wrong place :P

• Advertisement

Annnnnnnd

You did it wrong! the / is in the wrong place :P

Leave me alone I'm only new and on the mobile.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

i Loves a bit of Boxing!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Mac can I get a team or what?..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

pepper180 wrote: »

Well, maybe if you applied for one here then he might will let you in!

:P :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I don't think he should be counted ahead of current managers for Newcastle. He should be counted as a new manager.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    2) How do people propose we deal with managers moving clubs ( which happens frequently enough)?
    eg. I have a deal completed with Anzhi in the last few days, has applied for an potentially could get the Newcastle gig.
    with monitoring off, no problem, deal stays done
    with monitoring on, deal will potentially gets reversed as one of the teams involved moved clubs x days after doing the deal.
    The deal is legit and the Newcastle job wasnt available when the deal was done ,

3)How do people propose we deal with deals were some managers look for 'something different'?
    I sold Jovetic(91) for 8.1M and Á.MORATA(87) & D.RUGANI(80) because I really wanted Morata, few might say this isnt a balanced transfer, SMFA could possibly have reversed this is monitoring was on ... again, I consider this a fair deal. the chairman value was met but not everyone might see it that way.

There's not much you can do with the first.
    I know it happened to me that I sold a player at face value to a manager a while back; it was a player I thought could rise (and has since then) but the manager asked nicely so I decided to hand him over, trying to build positive relations...and then a little while latter, the manager left the team. Was frustrated at that cause I wouldn't have sold the player if I had known. But realistically, even with monitoring on, it would have been hard to get it reversed. Sometimes decisions and choices have to be made and once the trade takes place, then thats that. They aren't yours to worry about.

As for the second, I think the majority of those sorts of deals would go through even with monitoring on, once they aren't blatantly messing round. In the example given, the two players have potential to rise and be assets to teams. You weren't getting duds and obviously passing Jovetic on to another team. I've said it before but the monitoring only ever affected a small, small, small minority of deals and often affected the same people over and over. Individual deals weren't nessecarily the problem sometimes; it could as easily be the people doing the deals :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

My biggest issue with monitoring is that if you have a deal reversed/reported you then can't do deals with that club until the end of the season.

I know a few people who got stung with that (me included)

No prob but there's applications in on Newcastle bud

There's not much you can do with the first.
    I know it happened to me that I sold a player at face value to a manager a while back; it was a player I thought could rise (and has since then) but the manager asked nicely so I decided to hand him over, trying to build positive relations...and then a little while latter, the manager left the team. Was frustrated at that cause I wouldn't have sold the player if I had known. But realistically, even with monitoring on, it would have been hard to get it reversed. Sometimes decisions and choices have to be made and once the trade takes place, then thats that. They aren't yours to worry about.

As for the second, I think the majority of those sorts of deals would go through even with monitoring on, once they aren't blatantly messing round. In the example given, the two players have potential to rise and be assets to teams. You weren't getting duds and obviously passing Jovetic on to another team. I've said it before but the monitoring only ever affected a small, small, small minority of deals and often affected the same people over and over. Individual deals weren't nessecarily the problem sometimes; it could as easily be the people doing the deals :/

This would be my opinion. A small subset of overly vocal people were being "caught" by the monitoring system, and rightly so, and then a few people whose dodgy deals were flagged made it their hobby horse to have monitoring turned off and as a result those people have may some very, very dodgy deals.

Seaneh wrote: »
    This would be my opinion. A small subset of overly vocal people were being "caught" by the monitoring system, and rightly so, and then a few people whose dodgy deals were flagged made it their hobby horse to have monitoring turned off and as a result those people have may some very, very dodgy deals.

Thats simple not true.. I know for a fact my deal with Madrid for Isco was 100% above board, yet it was reported and reversed and i then couldn't do any deals with them.

I had a deal reversed for Loic Remy that was legit aswell lads

I had a deal reversed for Loic Remy that was legit aswell lads

Don't I know :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Lets be fair here now, you're being vague to say the least ...

some of the people I remember complaining about geting 'caught out' as you put it were due to timing of consecutive deals or complexity of deals ... nothing dodgy about them

I had a deal reversed with madrid if I remember correctly, I think I waited a week and up'd the bid by a few mill - deal went through.

I've had deals with Cian Baker reversed, one from sporting, one from wolfsburg ... again if memory is right, 2 younger medium rated players and cash for a higher rated player in both instances ... and like I said before ... firmly believe one or both got reported.

if there are deals you consider dodgy, put your cards on the table and point them out, its snide comments like the above are the reason I considered not bidding on players from Sporting in his big shake up, and when I was convinced to not take notice of those kind of comments I still felt I had to make my offer public as there would be comment on it otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Don't I know :mad:

Look on the bright side he's at Kiev now.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gerp99

Daniele DE ROSSI has completed his move to Manchester City from Manchester United for 8,728,000 plus André AYEW and Samir NASRI

With that signing I have basically got the majority of my transfers done.

In:

De Rossi
    Arbeloa
    Robben
    Ibrahimovic
    Hamsik
    Fernandinho
    Radu

Out:
    Cavani
    Nasri
    Moutinho
    Cana
    Ayew
    Montoya
    Shaqiri
    Mandzukic
    Fernando

Average starting XI is 93 so hopefully I am not stuck in a relegation battle for next season again!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I had a completely fair and legitimate deal reversed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

gerp99 wrote: »
    Daniele DE ROSSI has completed his move to Manchester City from Manchester United for 8,728,000 plus André AYEW and Samir NASRI

With that signing I have basically got the majority of my transfers done.

In:

De Rossi
    Arbeloa
    Robben
    Ibrahimovic
    Hamsik
    Fernandinho
    Radu

Out:
    Cavani
    Nasri
    Moutinho
    Cana
    Ayew
    Montoya
    Shaqiri
    Mandzukic
    Fernando

Average starting XI is 93 so hopefully I am not stuck in a relegation battle for next season again!! :D

Great business tbf

Suddenly it doesn't seem like such a 'small subset'

Look at the Nainggolan deal. Sporting can't be bothered to even reject deals from anyone else, but the secong his "friend" makes a massively one-sided deal he accepts it. And that that has happened between those to twice, first with Deigo and then with Nainggolan, anyone with half a brain can call BS on those deals and monitoring will pick them up every time. But with monitoring off you end up with a lad who doesn't even play the game and only logs in so that he doesn't lose his spot selling his best players to his mate.
    It's bollocks.

Just my 2 cents on this little bit.

When that deal happened i was pretty annoyed and even mentioned that the deal looked very dodgy. But what i didn't know at the time was that there was another player going to Sporting which in turn made the deal seem ok.

After I found that out i was happy to hold my hands up for being a tool.

Al Capwned wrote: »
    I had a completely fair and legitimate deal reversed too.

Fair enough, but for every one "fair" deal, there are more deals that go against the rules of the game.

My own deal for Matri was reversed a few times before it finally went through and then Matri was my top scorer and propelled me to the top of D4 on a 27 game unbeaten run so I won't pretend it didn't piss me off at any stage, but the deal eventually went through because it wasn't actually a bad deal.

I'd just like to once again point out that I had been accused of having double accounts, subsequently investigated on both boards and SM and nothing.....

My dealings have been discussed at length and repeatedly bringing my deals back up is just in bad taste, I have tried to use the ignore function to put an end to the pettiness, but alas to no avail.....

For the sake of the thread and for the GW to progress forward I would ask that this repeated investigation into my dealings stop.. I'd even go so far as ask the mods to have a say in this once and for all, because let's face it....

It's old, we need to move forward, mods once and for all plz can we draw a line under this and let it be the end.. everyone is sick to the teeth of going over this over and over...

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

I'm only back and I want to leave..

Too much bitching and too many egos..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I'm only back and I want to leave..

Too much bitching and too many egos..

What did you expect this is the only bit of anarchy we have left.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Just my 2 cents on this little bit.

When that deal happened i was pretty annoyed and even mentioned that the deal looked very dodgy. But what i didn't know at the time was that there was another player going to Sporting which in turn made the deal seem ok.

After I found that out i was happy to hold my hands up for being a tool.

My problem with the deal is that:

1: It favoured the buying club immensely, but more importantly!

2: The selling club couldn't even be bothered to reject or negotiate a deal with anyone else but the second his mate in real life made the deal, it was accepted.

They had been banned by SM Monitoring from doing deals with each other before for making an equally one-sided deal for Deigo and then with monitoring off did another one-sided deal for Nainggolan.

It was because of deals like, specifically, certain people wanted monitoring turned off. This and cross-world deals, are the exact result or turning off monitoring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

oh man, ... this fued is getting old ... :(

back to real managerial issues ...

Anyone selling a DMC or MC or AMC, early 20's 89/90 rated ... in a deal that would be above suspicion? ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement