Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I generally don't play anyone below 90 or so the main reason being I want them fit for the following match. So I'd normally replace the 90% player and bring him on as a sub, meaning him and his replacement are 100% for the next game. Not sure if I'm doing it right but that's my take on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Haven't bought any players this season. Someone sell me a decent player :)

Spartak Moskva

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Ahead of tomorrow nights playoffs final with hot favourites Benfica Aston Villa manager 'eh i dunno' has talked about the depth between both squads. Villa only have 3 players rated 90 or above compared to Benfica with 12 rated 90 or above.

Latest odds
    Benfica @1/5
    Draw @3/1
    Aston Villa @8/1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I should be winning, but my squad is in ribbons, I don't know which players will actually be available for the match.
    And in a knockout match it really is anyone's game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Seaneh wrote: »
    I should be winning, but my squad is in ribbons, I don't know which players will actually be available for the match.

Just click on each player individually and whatever their fitness is add 9%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Ahead of tomorrow nights playoffs final with hot favourites Benfica Aston Villa manager 'eh i dunno' has talked about the depth between both squads. Villa only have 3 players rated 90 or above compared to Benfica with 12 rated 90 or above.

Latest odds
    Benfica @1/5
    Draw @3/1
    Aston Villa @8/1

Hahaha, sounds like neither of ye want to / think ye'll win this play off ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

my squad in bits too. 2 lads definitely out injured inc one of my 3 90 rated players. Ah I'll give it a go anyways. All the pressure on you

• Registered Users Posts: 14,205 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

eh i dunno wrote: »

Latest odds
    Benfica @1/5
    Draw @3/1
    Aston Villa @8/1

I would like to throw a £1,000,000 on Aston Villa Please :D

We will sort someway of paying each other after the event!

Too good a price to turn down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Hahaha, sounds like neither of ye want to / think ye'll win this play off ...

I want to, would be a great achievement but he's a really good coach and he's had Villa playing great all year, I'm the favourite but it's not like I have a walk in the park.

If I lose, I lose to a great manager and I won't be too disappointed, but winning would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭jukebox2310

Berbatov for sale in FC Twente. Need to replace with another CF as he is my main striker at the mo. will listen to any offers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I see changing clubs hasn't changed the fact that people propose deals and then cancel them after I accept them. Looks like I'll be sitting tight on the squad that I have after all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Iago wrote: »
    I see changing clubs hasn't changed the fact that people propose deals and then cancel them after I accept them. Looks like I'll be sitting tight on the squad that I have after all ;)

My offer is still on the table and won't be cancelling it if accepted mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭phone2000

Iago wrote: »

Sorry about cancelling the deal, I agreed another deal after I sent the counter offer to you and I didn't get a chance to withdraw my offer to you. Nothing personal, just a timing issue at my end.

phone2000 wrote: »
    Sorry about cancelling the deal, I agreed another deal after I sent the counter offer to you and I didn't get a chance to withdraw my offer to you. Nothing personal, just a timing issue at my end.

Ah I know, there have been a lot of offers back and forth today. You were always likely to get one that peaked your interest more. I was being somewhat facetious with my remarks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Lads when does the new season technically start?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads when does the new season technically start?

SMFA World Cup Finals: Sat 7 June
    New fixtures announced: Tue 10 June
    First fixture of new season: Sun 15 June

Its on your home page :)

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

BREAKING NEWS

Matt Pepper takes control of Standard Liège.

After being out of the game for half a year, Pepper decides to come back to his roots and show Div4 just how to play football.

Pepper's ambitions is to get a play off position next season.

As he mentioned in his press-conference earlier, "I didn't expect to be back at football anytime soon but when I seen my beloved Standard Liège struggle, I knew it was time to come back. With hard graft and a positive mental attitude, I see us challenging those big teams with all their money and their top players."

With just being in charge from today, Pepper turned the whole team upside down and stripped them of their current tactics and replaced with a whole new line up..
    The out come was as follows...

Matt Pepper steered Standard Liège to victory against Bremen.
    Standard Liège beat Bremen 1 - 0 in their Friendly fixture.

supporters-standard.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Dave Shadow steered Tottenham Hotspur to victory against Boca Juniors.
    Tottenham Hotspur outclassed Boca Juniors and beat them 2 - 1 in their Friendly fixture.
    Schürrle scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Pedro was also on the scoresheet for his side

Instant gelling from the new lads :D Boateng provided two assists.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

SS Lazio beat Athletic Club 1 - 0 in their Friendly fixture.
    Sahin scored the winner for SS Lazio and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

I did, of course I did! Sure it was a friendly..... Couldn't win a bloody argument during the season but win a friendly no bother!!!

Sahin starting as he means to go on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Valencia beat Celtic 4-0 in the friendly at the Mestalla

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Oh no.....
    Willow Murphy steered Estudiantes to victory against Hamburg.
    Estudiantes outclassed Hamburg and beat them 2 - 1 in their Friendly fixture.
    Giggs scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Zapata was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Doesn't bode well for the play-off final tomorrow night!

There is much work to be done...

G D was unable to prevent a Newcastle United defeat to Olympique Marseille.
    Newcastle United slumped to a 3 - 1 defeat to Olympique Marseille in their Friendly fixture.
    Di Natale was on the scoresheet for his side.

Wilberto wrote: »
    Oh no.....

Doesn't bode well for the play-off final tomorrow night!

Matthew Scorr earned a draw with US Palermo against Hannover 96.
    The match ended 1 - 1 between US Palermo and Hannover 96 in their Friendly fixture.
    Balotelli scored the only goal for US Palermo and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Not sure if this is a good thing either..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

When is the charity shield again lads?
    Cant find it in the fixture list.

Think its genoa im playing aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,205 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Think its Genoa im playing aswell?

I think, based on last season, that it will be . . .

Friday 13th June :eek:

And yes you will be playing my Genoa side!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I doubt a 35 year old, 87 rated, centre back would be of use to anyone but, just in case, I have bids in from externals on Souleymane Diawara of €4,711,200. So if anyone does want him just put in a bid of €4,712,000 but, as I said, I doubt he would be of use to anyone!

Oh and he won't be leaving until after tomorrow of course as he does have a play-off final to play in!

Like I said though, I doubt anyone would want him!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Friday the 13th of June

I've a flight that day :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Once Mark SBR Wilmots heard there was a change in management at Newcastle he decided to make contact to try and strike a deal for one of the newcastle players ...

With the talents of Neymar and Thiago seemingly on offer :eek: and dozens of suitors for both able to offer multiples of what FCP can offer ... SBR changed his focus on the forgotten man that is Matic;).

Negotiations were short and to the point, no checking the deal on the back channels with other managers:cool:, once players involved in the deal were agreed on ,the initial offer was placed and accepted.

so ...

The offer for Nemanja MATIĆof Newcastle United from FC Porto has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

As part of the deal N'koulou and Feghouli will end up at Newcastle with Matic making the move to Porto.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Once Mark SBR Wilmots heard there was a change in management at Newcastle he decided to make contact to try and strike a deal for one of the newcastle players ...

With the talents of Neymar and Thiago seemingly on offer :eek: and dozens of suitors for both able to offer multiples of what FCP can offer ... SBR changed his focus on the forgotten man that is Matic;).

Negotiations were short and to the point, no checking the deal on the back channels with other managers:cool:, once players involved in the deal were agreed on ,the initial offer was placed and accepted.

so ...

The offer for Nemanja MATIĆof Newcastle United from FC Porto has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

As part of the deal N'koulou and Feghouli will end up at Newcastle with Matic making the move to Porto.

Good deal for both teams :)
    I'm also enjoying these long Sky Sports News style posts :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Think its genoa im playing aswell?

It's like a charity footy match which is held a curtains up event for the season. The winner of the league traditionally plays the winner of the cup, though this may change in the even of a double. Word of warning: the game runs your players fitness down so you may want to keep an eye on your first league fixture.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement