Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    No rise for Terry or Kos :(

I pretty much knew that Ramsey would hit 91* in this review.. Its the reason why i wanted Terry in the deal.

I don't see terry rising again there's only one place he's going.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

JamboMac wrote: »

He had a cracking season and him getting a +1 woudn't be out of place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Sorry Blobby mate but I agree with this, Terry has had an ok season, IMO Cahill did a lot of his work though and Chelsea didn't win anything so doubtful he will go past 91 again..

Best you could hope for is for him to hold his 91 for a few seasons more

Sorry Blobby mate but I agree with this, Terry has had an ok season, IMO Cahill did a lot of his work though and Chelsea didn't win anything so doubtful he will go past 91 again..

Best you could hope for is for him to hold his 91 for a few seasons more

They had the best defensive record this season. He had a decent chance at 92 but i'm not annoyed about it. He'll hold his 91 for a while anyway.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    They had the best defensive record this season. He had a decent chance at 92 but i'm not annoyed about it. He'll hold his 91 for a while anyway.

Things that annoy me about the ratings is cech didn't make half the amount of saves a goalkeeper at a smaller team had to make but cech has a higher rating which I see as a flaw in the ratings system.

• Advertisement

Things that annoy me about the ratings is cech didn't make half the amount of saves a goalkeeper at a smaller team had to make but cech has a higher rating which I see as a flaw in the ratings system.

Ahem!

Oblak... Treble...... Europe league final....

Just sayin!

Ahem!

Oblak... Treble...... Europe league final....

Just sayin!

Well he has consistently risen, but in a league where there only 2 big teams it's hard to say that he deserves a big rise, he'd need to really perform in Europe next season.

Well he has consistently risen, but in a league where there only 2 big teams it's hard to say that he deserves a big rise, he'd need to really perform in Europe next season.

But should a big rise not coincide with his breakthrough into the Benfica team and indeed pushing for the no.1 for the NT?

I agree with giving steady risers their +1s here and there as they go along but when someone makes a big breakthrough they should get higher than a +1.... 90 would be too much too soon but 88 and maybe 89 would not have been unreasonable....

But should a big rise not coincide with his breakthrough into the Benfica team and indeed pushing for the no.1 for the NT?

I agree with giving steady risers their +1s here and there as they go along but when someone makes a big breakthrough they should get higher than a +1.... 90 would be too much too soon but 88 and maybe 89 would not have been unreasonable....

I suppose they want to make sure he is consistent and once they believe that it all wasn't a fluke he'll get that rise probably 89 or the full portugal 90.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Does anyone know how they actually do the ratings? I.e how they decide on a +/-? I see on the Soccermanager forums a lot of people being unhappy about ratings but IMO, they'll never get it 100% and the reason for that is that different people have differing opinions on how players have performed, or not in some cases.

So while you'll have some that think a +1 was throughly deserved, others may disagree. I would say the same happens when they do the ratings, different opinions... So who's right?

I would say there are hundreds, maybe even thousands of ratings that could go either way but again, you can't get them all right

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

He also only started playing regular football in January. Some people just have silly expectations.

16 league games and 4 in the Europa League, if he was rated beyond 87 it would be a joke.

I suppose they want to make sure he is consistent and once they believe that it all wasn't a fluke he'll get that rise probably 89 or the full portugal 90.

Fair point, fingers crossed that's how it will play out!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Valencia are said to be interested in bringing Frank lampard to the Mestalla

José CALLEJÓN has completed his move to Newcastle United from SS Lazio for 10,350,000

4 down..... 1 to go!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Slide Rule Pass

Valencia are said to be interested in bringing Frank lampard to the Mestalla

Wanted 20m off me and then insulted me for even asking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

José CALLEJÓN has completed his move to Newcastle United from SS Lazio for 10,350,000

4 down..... 1 to go!!!

I really hope Neymar works out for you, don't think I could stomach making this sort of a deal :D

TheGunns wrote: »
    I really hope Neymar works out for you, don't think I could stomach making this sort of a deal :D

Whether he plays well for Lazio or not is one thing but to have a player with so much potential is priceless IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

4 down..... 1 to go!!!

I assume the last transfer will take place next season ya? Seeing as ye have already done 3 deals between each other

TheGunns wrote: »

Lol! Me too!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Looks like Lukasz Piszczek will be off too either Barca OR Arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Whether he plays well for Lazio or not is one thing but to have a player with so much potential is priceless IMO

This!

There were deals available offering higher rated players, but that would only have fixed 1 maybe two spots in my squad. The fact that I was giving up one of the very few players who has a real shot of reaching 98-99 meant that 1-2 spots wasn't enough.

Instead I've managed to pick up 5 players at a rating where they could play, and at an age where there is still room for improvement (albeit I don't see any of them getting close to the heights of Neymar) the overall squad is significantly better as a result to the deal.

At the same time, there's an argument to be made that Lazio got the better end of it. Neymar will fire them to promotion, and at the end of it all, in 2 or even 3 seasons, will still be the kind of player that can be exchanged for a number of good players to improve a squad if the need was there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Iago wrote: »
    This!

There were deals available offering higher rated players, but that would only have fixed 1 maybe two spots in my squad. The fact that I was giving up one of the very few players who has a real shot of reaching 98-99 meant that 1-2 spots wasn't enough.

Instead I've managed to pick up 5 players at a rating where they could play, and at an age where there is still room for improvement (albeit I don't see any of them getting close to the heights of Neymar) the overall squad is significantly better as a result to the deal.

At the same time, there's an argument to be made that Lazio got the better end of it. Neymar will fire them to promotion, and at the end of it all, in 2 or even 3 seasons, will still be the kind of player that can be exchanged for a number of good players to improve a squad if the need was there.

No he won't.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

One player won't "fire him to promotion".

Barca had Bale, Ronaldo and Messi and (iirc) didn't get promoted.

It will help, if he's deployed properly. But it's not a promise of anything, and I'd imagine tupac knows that.

I hope Al doesn't think people are picking on him but as him and myself will know all to well, it's not just a high rated player or players that get you promotion. I finished 4th behind Chelsea and AC Milan. In my opinion, two inferior teams and Real coming 1st with about the same level team as me, again in my opinion.

This shows its not all about having the highest rated players, Barca not getting promotion shows the same having Ronnie, Messi, etc

It will definitely be a huge boost for the Lazio and as I said, his potential is endless but I'm still stumped as to who got the better deal and as to who's deal will work out better for them. But sure as long as both managers are happy, that's all that matters :)

It will help, if he's deployed properly. But it's not a promise of anything, and I'd imagine tupac knows that.

Yeah, look what happened when I played Aguero out of position... Nothing :(

Everyone will notice I'm not screaming from the rooftops that I'm going to win anything...

Besides the fact I think the game engine needs work to say the least, there are some really good teams down here and even more than that, there are some really really good managers!!!

Never been a fan of the favourite tag but I understand the expectation level players like Boateng, Sahin and espicialky Neymar brings so its something I'll have to cope with

One thing is for sure, being favourite means nothing come season kick off, anything can happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Its all a lottery with the game engine my biggest tip is to pick a formation and stick with it I havent changed my formation or tactics since season 1 and its brought me great success.
    I have no magic tricks just pick a formation and stick with it no stupid arrows with players running here and there keep it simple. If you lose 3 in a row so what just stick with your formation and tactics trust me it will come good

No offence to Tupac (I think i told you my thoughts anyway) but i think he shouldn't have done the deal.

Neymar alone probably won't contribute enough to cover the 4 starters you lost. You'll need to sign a few more players for backup to have any chance at promotion.

I hope i'm wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,205 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

When Genoa can play young lads and reserves and win the cup, smashing a reserve Kyiv team who worked wonders in Division 1 in the final,

I think it is safe to say the Game engine will do what it wants no matter who you have or have not got!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

When Genoa can play young lads and reserves and win the cup, smashing a Kyiv team who worked wonders in Division 1 in the final,

I think it is safe to say the Game engine will do what it wants no matter who you have or have not got!

Hope it's my turn then!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement