Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Mr Lampard is Valencia bound ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

How much?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Iago wrote: »
    This!

There were deals available offering higher rated players, but that would only have fixed 1 maybe two spots in my squad. The fact that I was giving up one of the very few players who has a real shot of reaching 98-99 meant that 1-2 spots wasn't enough.

Instead I've managed to pick up 5 players at a rating where they could play, and at an age where there is still room for improvement (albeit I don't see any of them getting close to the heights of Neymar) the overall squad is significantly better as a result to the deal.

At the same time, there's an argument to be made that Lazio got the better end of it. Neymar will fire them to promotion, and at the end of it all, in 2 or even 3 seasons, will still be the kind of player that can be exchanged for a number of good players to improve a squad if the need was there.

I think you will find that Samuel Eto'o of Flamengo (formerly of Athletic Club) is the guy who fires clubs to promotions :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

The deal, IMO, is mental! He's an old old player who just dropped and will drop again in a few months unless he wins the World Cup! I wouldn't even take a straight swap never mind cash and your player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Everyone's an excerpt. Don't mind the haters Tupac. All I see is green smilies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Its true, one player doesnt make a team ....

But things were much easier at Porto with either Dzeko or later Higuain upfront :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Thats a bad deal for you! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

no offence but that is a shocking deal

if i where you i'd cancel it and deal with a more reasonable person.

Really wanted Lampard :P

18.0M + Tino COSTA - Accepted.

You have a bid from me.. Palermo ;)

• Advertisement

mod snip

Fixed that for ya :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭circadian

The irony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

No personal insults lads. Give a fela advice by all means but no insults

circadian wrote: »
    The irony.

predictive text........ kill me. :p

MrMac84 wrote: »
    No personal insults lads. Give a fela advice by all means but no insults

Point still stands and the Chelsea manager should be ashamed of himself to

Based on the advice here, the offer has been withdrawn...

Based on the advice here, the offer has been withdrawn...

If in doubt bud theres a thread about asking advice on transfer deals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Lads it's a good forum, and a great league, but some of you really need to invest less time and emotion on what deals players of the game come up with to suit each other. It's a cliché cos it's true: it really is only a game. Who decides to sell who to whom is really (unless they are breaking the stated rules of Soccer Manager in a way you can prove) nobody's business other than the two folks involved; the buyer and seller. Even if it is, what harm is it really? I've done it meself before, I've been shocked by a transfer and stated as much, but you can over egg the pudding. Move on already. You can drive players away ya know.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

If you ask me Lampard is the ideal candidate for the next Boards League raffle.

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote: »
    If you ask me Lampard is the ideal candidate for the next Boards League raffle.

Well no one did ha ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

bazarakus wrote: »
    Lads it's a good forum, and a great league, but some of you really need to invest less time and emotion on what deals players of the game come up with to suit each other. It's a cliché cos it's true: it really is only a game. Who decides to sell who to whom is really (unless they are breaking the stated rules of Soccer Manager in a way you can prove) nobody's business other than the two folks involved; the buyer and seller. Even if it is, what harm is it really? I've done it meself before, I've been shocked by a transfer and stated as much, but you can over egg the pudding. Move on already. You can drive players away ya know.

Lads getting ripped off with ridiculous transfers will drive them away. That deal was all sorts or ridiculous

bazarakus wrote: »

If its posted here, then its everyone's business.

Everyone's free to talk about deals once they've been either announced by either the buyer/seller or when the deal has been completed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Well no one did ha ha ha

I'm feeling an overwhelming urge to edit that post!! :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

swoody wrote: »
    lol why ashamed because he sold a 91 rated old midfield player on a computer game lol

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

swoody wrote: »

What are you on about (again)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

When Genoa can play young lads and reserves and win the cup, smashing a Kyiv team who worked wonders in Division 1 in the final,

I think it is safe to say the Game engine will do what it wants no matter who you have or have not got!

You smashed kyiv reserves in the final, a much different team that did well in division 1.

Just sayin :-)

What are you on about (again)?

so you'd pay 18M + tino costa for a declining 91?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭circadian

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Lads getting ripped off with ridiculous transfers will drive them away. That deal was all sorts or ridiculous

This, when new players join the league and all the decent players are only traded at extortionate fees or at unmanaged teams then it's very difficult to get a foot in and offputting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Seaneh wrote: »
    No he won't.

If I said "the sun gives off heat" you would be instantly in here trying to convince everyone that it was ice cold.
    One player won't "fire him to promotion".

Barca had Bale, Ronaldo and Messi and (iirc) didn't get promoted.

It will help, if he's deployed properly. But it's not a promise of anything, and I'd imagine tupac knows that.

One player does not a team make. Outside of point scoring I think everyone realises that my point was around the difference a player of that quality makes as opposed to everyone else can stay at home and Neymar will beat teams on his own.

However, you only have to look at the impact Pirlo had an Anzhi last year to see how a 94 rated player can make a huge difference at the lower levels (when averages tend to be lower)

Pirlo
    40 Games
    13 goals
    8 assists
    5 MoTM

6 times with the winning goal
    3 times with the only goal in the game
    1 time with a point saving goal

That's potentially 19 points I wouldn't have picked up if I didn't have Pirlo. If we allow that even half of those points weren't won without him, I don't win the league.

That's not coincidence or luck. That's simply statistics and rating making the difference over the course of a season.

Neymar won't win promotion on his own, but he'll sure as hell help to score a lot more goals than Lazio would have got without him.
    KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I hope Al doesn't think people are picking on him but as him and myself will know all to well, it's not just a high rated player or players that get you promotion. I finished 4th behind Chelsea and AC Milan. In my opinion, two inferior teams and Real coming 1st with about the same level team as me, again in my opinion.

This shows its not all about having the highest rated players, Barca not getting promotion shows the same having Ronnie, Messi, etc

It will definitely be a huge boost for the Lazio and as I said, his potential is endless but I'm still stumped as to who got the better deal and as to who's deal will work out better for them. But sure as long as both managers are happy, that's all that matters :)

The bit in bold is the important part.

The thing about deals is that in a perfect world, there should be no such thing as a clearcut winner in any deal. A deal is about both parties coming away happy with what they have achieved from the negotiation.

"I need to get the better of this guy" is not the same as "I need to get the best result for my team" and there are too many people (everywhere, although this game is a microcosom of life) who think the former is preferable to the latter. If everyone always stuck to the former, no deals would ever get done and players would never move clubs.

At least with the latter, there's a good chance for a deal to get done because the wants and needs of any given team are different. This is also why the whole thing about other managers getting involved in deals makes no sense. Each manager has their own vision of what squad they want, what formation they want to play, what their goals and objectives are & what that looks like over the course of the time they plan to spend playing the game.

A manager who wants one season of glory will make very different decisions to a manager who intends to play for 5+ seasons. Even two managers who are planning on playing for 5+ seasons will make different decisions at the same club if the first manager intends to move to a new/better club when the opportunity presents itself, and the second manager wants to build a legacy at a single club over the duration of the time they play the game.

Another (3rd party) manager getting involved in a deal probably doesn't get past "would you swap X+Y for Z"

An educated and complex discussion might get as far as "I'm thinking of swapping X+Y for Z, because I have a gap in AA and I feel that as I'm over stocked in CC I can afford to lose X+Y v's what Z will bring me for the rest of the season"

Even that is only a fraction of what should go into these decisions, and yet I would hazard a guess that the latter conversation is far rarer than the former one.

I've heard beauties such as "never swap a 90 for anything less than another 90 & an 89" what kind of nonsense is that? Firstly no deals would ever get done if that was the case and secondly it actually makes no allowance for requirements within specific clubs. If my best striker is an 85 and I have 27 DC's all rated above 90, it's in my interest to swap two of them for a striker rated 87 if that's the only option I have.

An extreme example, but there are multiple other examples and the bare facts are that the rating should only be a small part of your deal making and just because "you" wouldn't do it, doesn't make it a good or a bad deal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement