Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    No offence to Tupac (I think i told you my thoughts anyway) but i think he shouldn't have done the deal.

Neymar alone probably won't contribute enough to cover the 4 starters you lost. You'll need to sign a few more players for backup to have any chance at promotion.

I hope i'm wrong though.

I'd be shocked if the deal didn't divide opinion! I see your point for sure, I've weakened my team and I now have to rely on risers or landing some great deals (in fairness to Spurs and Valencia, those 2 deals have REALLY helped me out numbers wise!)

But.....

Chance to land the player who's home nation are pinning their hopes of winning the WC & Barca were prepared to pay through the roof (if you believe the stories :eek::eek::eek: ) well, needless to say those opportunities don't come around often and looking at my squad, I could JUST about cope with it....

Spine of the team:

Oblak
    Boateng
    Sahin
    Neymar

Gotta be happy with that, and I can work on the rest in time and just keep on hoping for risers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

tonic wine wrote: »
    You smashed kyiv reserves in the final, a much different team that did well in division 1.

Just sayin :-)

Apologies, Sure I only got as far as seeing the scoreline then got pissed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Sorry Iago, algebra was never my strong suit... :pac:

Seriously though, I agree with what you're saying ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

swoody wrote: »
    so you'd pay 18M + tino costa for a declining 91?

Sorry .. are you the same guy that sent me a message asking if I would consider selling you David Luiz or Sami Khedira for cash??

Would you sell me Pogba for cash?

Maybe we should have some sort of moderator to oversee all deals to make sure everyone gets the best deal ... the nanny league

The Nanny League :D nearly fell off my chair!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Sorry Iago, algebra was never my strong suit... :pac:

Seriously though, I agree with what you're saying ;)

I might agree with you but you wrote so much I got distracted and grew a beard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Iago wrote: »
    If I said "the sun gives off heat" you would be instantly in here trying to convince everyone that it was ice cold.

Nope, I just pointed out that tupac gave away half his first team for one player and will now have a team full of 88 and 87's instead of 89's and 90's.

He won't get promoted, his team for the last 2 seasons has been better than his team is now and he couldn't even get into the top half of the league, he was closer to relegation than play-offs both seasons. He won't be promoted this season or next season or the season after, especially not when he keeps selling quality players and swapping them for "maybes". He's not building for the future, he's hamstringing himself. Him finishing 11th in Division 3 is as bad, if not worse of a result as Barcelona finishing 6th in Division 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

#thenannyleague

bazarakus wrote: »
    #thenannyleague

The joke was already used

#getyourown

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

And...thread gone to sh1t again:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

bazarakus wrote: »
    #thenannyleague
    #getyourown

#stophashtagabuse

And...thread gone to sh1t again:)

So any time people disagree and a conversation starts, the thread is gone to sh*t.

got it.

Right lads, from now on we should all agree with everything and support each other unconditionally, because some people are delicate little flowers and can't handle when mom and dad raise their voices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭circadian

Wilberto wrote: »
    #stophashtagabuse

#+1

#getyourown

I guess you could say it was.......rehashed.

Seaneh wrote: »
    So any time people disagree and a conversation starts, the thread is gone to sh*t.

got it.

Right lads, from now on we should all agree with everything and support each other unconditionally, because some people are delicate little flowers and can't handle when mom and dad raise their voices.

Nanny thread :P

Wilberto wrote: »
    If you ask me Lampard is the ideal candidate for the next Boards League raffle.

Claudio Pizzaro has informed me that he would like to leave Benfica in order to secure first team football next season.

He has been an important part of keeping Benfica in Division 2 when I took over and his goals and assists propelled us to within 1 point of Automatic promotion and the play-off finals this season. Claudio is a big part of this club and played a massive role in our success this season but the recent signings of Dezko and Tevez mean he is no longer guaranteed a starting place and as such I have agreed to let him leave to a division 3 or division 4 club.

Anyone from those two leagues (from next season, so the 3 division 3 teams just promoted are exempt) may bid, I will assign a number on the teams in the order the bids are placed, I will leave bids open until Mid-day on Monday June 9th and then use a number generator website to pick a winner.

*just signed a 1 year extension with Bayern in real life so should hold his rating for a while yet.

#getyourown

#willsomeoneexplainhashtagstothisguy

The offer for Toni KROOS of Bayern München from Manchester United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Ozil on his way to Bayern. Feck it, sure why not. Gives me more options on the wings as well as AMC

In other news

http://www.soccermanager.com/player.php?pid=17676

87 Left back available for cash if anyone's interested :)

Claudio Pizzaro has informed me that he would like to leave Benfica in order to secure first team football next season.

He has been an important part of keeping Benfica in Division 2 when I took over and his goals and assists propelled us to within 1 point of Automatic promotion and the play-off finals this season. Claudio is a big part of this club and played a massive role in our success this season but the recent signings of Dezko and Tevez mean he is no longer guaranteed a starting place and as such I have agreed to let him leave to a division 3 or division 4 club.

Anyone from those two leagues (from next season, so the 3 division 3 teams just promoted are exempt) may bid, I will assign a number on the teams in the order the bids are placed, I will leave bids open until Mid-day on Monday June 9th and then use a number generator website to pick a winner.

*just signed a 1 year extension with Bayern in real life so should hold his rating for a while yet.

Nice one!!

You never specified a price, so i assumed it was his cash value?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I do enjoy this thread sometimes. :D

• Advertisement

Nice one!!

You never specified a price, so i assumed it was his cash value?

Yeah, face value.

In other news

http://www.soccermanager.com/player.php?pid=17676

87 Left back available for cash if anyone's interested :)

He's off to Valencia :)

He's off to Valencia :)

Raheem Sterling?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Well, it's clear that the United manager doesn't frequent this forum. He's just tabled a bid for Pizarro!! :D

Totes awky momo when the man-u manager bids for Pizzaro...

Time to make him a counter offer he can't refuse.

Also lads, willing to let Ronaldinho go in exchange for a younger player. Winger preferably. Will add cash to the offer for the right man.

Own a piece of footballing history by buying the most naturally gifted player of our time.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Totes awky momo when the man-u manager bids for Pizzaro...

Time to make him a counter offer he can't refuse.

SL Benfica have made a counter-offer reported to be worth 0 for Claudio PIZARRO of Manchester United plus Wayne ROONEY and Robin VAN PERSIE.

:pac:

pepper180 wrote: »
    SL Benfica have made a counter-offer reported to be worth 0 for Claudio PIZARRO of Manchester United plus Wayne ROONEY and Robin VAN PERSIE.

:pac:

Claudio has better stats than both.

#statsdontlie
    #hastagsdontworkonboards
    #willowgonnabemad

Starting to get a bit overcrowded in the attacking department at Bayern so I may be willing to let Benzema go but need a good D(C) or D(RC) and whatever else :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Rumour has it that since Matic's departure to Porto and Neymars trip to Lazio, Thiago had become dissolutioned with the direction the current manager was taking the squad, and to quote Thiago when asked what he though of Newcastle .... "It's F*cking Freezing here, even during the summer"

So, Thiago gave his agent simple instruction ... "get me out of here, find me somewhere warm"

So in step Porto with an offer ...

Porto had been made aware of Newcastle's search for cover at LB and GK so the following was proposed:

An initial bid of :
    15m + Martin Caceres(27yr - 89 - D(RLC),DM(RL)) + M'baye Niang(19yr - 86 - AM(RL),F(RLC))

Followed by:
    Jonathan SCHMID (23yr - 87 - D,DM,M(R),AM(RL)) when the new season starts

And finally: (shock Horror GT is selling a Belgian! :eek:)
    Simon Migniolet (26yr - 89 - GK) when his ban expires

Mark SBR Wilmots commented to the press gathered at FCP's training ground that Matic was more than willing to talk with Thiago to help sell the place but truth be told it wasnt nessecary ... Thiago has agreed to join Matic @ Porto :cool: .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement