Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I wonder how I'd feel if I gave up a team and then immediately saw it disassembled like that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Unlike the Neymar deal, its pretty obvious who's getting the better deal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Seaneh wrote: »
    Claudio Pizzaro has informed me that he would like to leave Benfica in order to secure first team football next season.

Anyone from those two leagues (from next season, so the 3 division 3 teams just promoted are exempt) may bid, I will assign a number on the teams in the order the bids are placed, I will leave bids open until Mid-day on Monday June 9th and then use a number generator website to pick a winner.

Not that you'll do this or anything but, for the record, I'd have no objection to you accepting Standard Liege's bid right now considering the state that team finds itself in at the moment. One 88. Wow! I think that any team that's reduced to playing Danny Graham up front is in dire need of a forward.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Wilberto wrote: »
    Not that you'll do this or anything but, for the record, I'd have no objection to you accepting Standard Liege's bid right now considering the state that team finds itself in at the moment. One 88. Wow! I think that any team that's reduced to playing Danny Graham up front is in dire need of a forward.

I think it's better that I carry on as is, 6 bids already, would be harsh to go back on it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Wilberto wrote: »

Offer withdrawn...

Good shout mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Ahh lads, I feel bad..

I'm not a charity...

this-aint-no-charity-what-are-you-looking-to-do-with-it-donate-i.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Mig, Toure, Suarez, Kompany, kolorov, sterling etc all with a +1 this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Iago wrote: »
    Mig, Toure, Suarez, Kompany, kolorov, sterling etc all with a +1 this morning

Fernandinho got a +1 to 92 aswell I think.

I wonder how I'd feel if I gave up a team and then immediately saw it disassembled like that :pac:

I guess it would depend on whether or not you were happy with it in the first place, whether or not it was performing as you would want it to, and whether or not you were actually bothered even looking in if you had given up playing the game :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Who was it that said Liverpool weren't gonna get ratings increases yesterday? :P I'd a feeling they would, especially Suarez. Kinda surprised with Mignolet.

• Advertisement

Colemania wrote: »
    Who was it that said Liverpool weren't gonna get ratings increases yesterday? :P I'd a feeling they would, especially Suarez. Kinda surprised with Mignolet.

I'm not :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

City are gonna tear up Div 1 this season :/ delighted Yaya got the +1 he deserved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Philippe COUTINHO On Shortlist: Internazionale 89
    Player Rating Increase
    90 5 Jun
    Jordan HENDERSON - 89
    Player Rating Increase
    90 5 Jun
    Luis SUÁREZ - 94
    Player Rating Increase
    95 5 Jun

Colemania wrote: »

Ah, I said I wasn't surprised, but it doesn't surprise me who got bumps today.

Mignolet absolutely deserves it and was always going to get a bump eventually.

No sign of anything for Demichelis though :(

Ah, I said I wasn't surprised, but it doesn't surprise me who got bumps today.

Mignolet absolutely deserves it and was always going to get a bump eventually.

No sign of anything for Demichelis though :(

Surprised by that, had a fantastic 2nd half to the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Iago wrote: »
    I'm not :D

I wasnt either to be fair, thats why there is 15m in our initial deal, to cover the cost of buying mig no matter what his rating is come August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Surprised by that, had a fantastic 2nd half to the season

:)

bazarakus wrote: »
    :)

:):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Why do people put players on transfer list with a price and even when you bid 8m more than the price they still reject the bid..

its near impossible to buy players now and i can see a lot of managers including me packing it in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Why do people put players on transfer list with a price and even when you bid 8m more than the price they still reject the bid..

its near impossible to buy players now and i can see a lot of managers including me packing it in

I thought it was only the old PSG manager used to be at that crack ...

Name and Shame I say ( only because I know you havent been offering on my players lately :p)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Kolarov with that +1 at last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Michael Essien has completed his move to Valencia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

following are all going to externals tonight unless somebody here wants to better the offer on them

Name|Position|Age|Rating|to Club|Value|Offer
    LAZAAR, Achraf|D,DM,M(L)|22|83|AS Varese|2.5M|2.9M
    ESCOBAR, Andrés|AM,F(LC)|23|84|Vorskla Poltava|2.8M|2.8M
    FREDIANI, Marco|AM,F(RL)|20|77|ACR Messina|620k|620k
    ELEZ, Josip|D,DM(C)|20|77|AC Pisa|700k|700k
    HABERER, Janik|AM,F(RC)|20|78|TSG 1899 Hoffenheim|870k|974k

I haven't found that, since Jun 1st I've added

CALLEJÓN, José
    KELVIN, Mateus
    CHIRICHES, Vlad
    FEGHOULI, Sofiane
    STENGEL, Herman
    CROS, Pierrick
    CHANTURIA, Giorgi
    ÇAĞIRAN, Musa
    MOKHTAR, Youness
    KITSIOU, Stelios
    FRED, Santos
    ELKESON, Oliviera
    AUBAMEYANG, Patrick
    SMALLING, Chris
    KITSIOU, Stelios
    CACERES, Martin
    NIANG, M'Baye
    N'KOULOU, Nicholas

and have deals agreed for at least 3 and possibly as many as 6 others :)

Two points there:

1. There's another gameworld I'm part of and I did something similar by accident; I had transfer listed a few players midseason and not gotten much interest. Eventually, as the team did well in the real life league, I took most of the players down. Forgot to take one down. Had him up for 15m and someone put the bid in 2 days ago. Knew there was a chance he'd get a bump from 89 to 90 so didn't respond. This morning, he got the bump so I rejected the offer.

Apologies to that person if he's reading; I won't be selling him at all. The reality is in that gameworld, I only bother logging in every week or so, so I don't be looking to do deals all that much. It wasn't anything person. Just a **** up on my end :(

2. With regards not being able to buy players though, I picked up a rated 89 defender who starts for Man City for 13m. Sold Nacho for some cash and two random kids. Have managed to bring in 7 new first team players. There's been 2,882 transfers totaling over Seven Billion quid over the last 3 months.

There are some managers, sadly, who are very difficult to deal with (and I know I can be awkward as well sometimes). I've had similar instances where I meet a bid for a player, only to have that player's price rise. I've had managers put in absolutely ridiculous counter offers.

But there are plenty who are great and easy to deal with, who are very accommodating and who work to make sure a deal is fair and balanced.

I know it can be harder when you don't start off with a magnificent team but I guess that just means part of the game is wheeling and dealing, trying to get good deals from some mangers and improving the team gradually.

Lads there's no way I'm selling Benzema for some unknown 89 and a couple of million

Can to Liverpool is supposedly a done deal, hopefully he does well :)

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Lads there's no way I'm selling Benzema for some unknown 89 and a couple of million

Turan and cash :)

Really looking for a defender but I may come back to you if I can't find one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Lads and Lassies...

Standard Liège are willing to part with ANY youngsters and any players..

Just once we get a few 88 rated players to add to the squad! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement