Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

circadian wrote: »
    Done completely with the league, I'll be sticking with my team in The Good League and I'm starting in the EB League.

I'm struggling with this league because of transfer fees/part-exchanges and not being able to buy from unmanaged clubs. There are too many teams with 100+ players so getting your hands on a hot prospect is near impossible.

The league obviously suits some people, it's just not for me. Thanks for having me join though, it was worth dipping my toes.

similar to what i said earlier. That's why I'll prob do the same soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Please use Paragraphs next time.. Think of the people on there Phones :(

Their. That should be butter now. Easier for you to red.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Serious amount of matches tonight with league, friendlies and WC group games across 4 GWs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

Done completely with the league, I'll be sticking with my team in The Good League and I'm starting in the EB League.

I'm struggling with this league because of transfer fees/part-exchanges and not being able to buy from unmanaged clubs. There are too many teams with 100+ players so getting your hands on a hot prospect is near impossible.

The league obviously suits some people, it's just not for me. Thanks for having me join though, it was worth dipping my toes.

I'm not having a go at you but in all fairness your not really doing any deals yourself. I can understand if you had sold most of your players and had plenty of money with no one willing to sell but the truth is you still have some old players that need to be sold on while there ratings are still high and invest your money on the many players there is available at cost price on the transfer list. Were do you expect to get money if your not selling your players?
    Maybe this is a cry for help because you have seen other members offer pepper quality players at cost price.
    Just my opinion

New look team with Azpilicueta and Mikel to be added to the bench :)
    Good mixture of young and old with some prospects on the way tomight/tomorrow hopefully

15fj7mc.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭circadian

modo85 wrote: »
    I'm not having a go at you but in all fairness your not really doing any deals yourself. I can understand if you had sold most of your players and had plenty of money with no one willing to sell but the truth is you still have some old players that need to be sold on while there ratings are still high and invest your money on the many players there is available at cost price on the transfer list. Were do you expect to get money if your not selling your players?
    Maybe this is a cry for help because you have seen other members offer pepper quality players at cost price.
    Just my opinion

A fair point but I've sold 14 players since taking over the team and made a few transfers. I have a decent amount of cash. I need to hold on to the higher value and rated players to build on the squad, old or not.

For example LB is the position I want to get a better player for. Anyone in my price range is at an unmanaged team, P/E at this point isn't feasible since I'm at the minimum and anyone someone would want would either be one of my few strong players or a prospect. I have made sizable offers and I've completed some decent deals. Thanks to those guys for helping me out.

It's not a cry for help, more of an acceptance that this game world is not for me but it may suit others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Lads....

The external well is not totally dry, I was going to snap this guy up as he JUST signed for Roma, but since I'm on a good run with signings lately and I don't REALLY need him I said he might do a job elsewhere........

He is EXTERNAL and NOBODY else has him listed so nobody can complain..... I think he could do a job for a D4 or D3 team no doubt, and depending on Strootman's injury he could get some game time too.............

Seydou KEITA

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2014/06/05/4863071/official-roma-sign-keita

I was giving away a LB just yesterday for 5m, he was only 87 but had risen towards the end of last year and is playing for Santos. Valencia snapped him up. Also sold an 87 striker for 4m, value has shot up to 7.1m there, a couple of days ago to Standard Liege

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

*watches as a div 1 team tries to get him*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Keita is being brought in as back up for Nainggolan and Di Bossi. He won't get much game time. He is also about 99 years old.

• Advertisement

*watches as a div 1 team tries to get him*

I looked :D but no, i'd prefer him to go to someone that will use him :)

A fair point but I've sold 14 players since taking over the team and made a few transfers. I have a decent amount of cash. I need to hold on to the higher value and rated players to build on the squad, old or not.

For example LB is the position I want to get a better player for. Anyone in my price range is at an unmanaged team, P/E at this point isn't feasible since I'm at the minimum and anyone someone would want would either be one of my few strong players or a prospect. I have made sizable offers and I've completed some decent deals. Thanks to those guys for helping me out.

It's not a cry for help, more of an acceptance that this game world is not for me but it may suit others.

Players are always available if you bother to ask or bid for them.

Curse of the unmanaged team :/

KERSPLAT! ! was unable to prevent a Bayern München defeat to Vélez Sársfield.
    Bayern München slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat to Vélez Sársfield in their Friendly fixture.
    Agüero was on the scoresheet for his side.

But Aguero is scoring :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

I 100% agree with everything your saying, and I'm sure there is plenty others at smaller clubs thinking the exact same as you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Pazzini scores in his debut, but lose 3-2 to Leverkusen.

Need to find a new formation for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Matthew Scorr was unable to prevent a US Palermo defeat to Boca Juniors.
    US Palermo slumped to a 3 - 2 defeat to Boca Juniors in their Friendly fixture.
    Balotelli scored both of the goals for US Palermo and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Lost 3-2 to have Div4 team.. :pac:
    Balotelli still being a beast though:cool:

1-1 draw with hannover.
    Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Goes to show how unrealistic this game is when Torres scores twice.

James Mcconville was unable to prevent a Dynamo Kyiv defeat to Chelsea.
    Dynamo Kyiv slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat to Chelsea in their Friendly fixture.
    Rémy was on the scoresheet for his side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Juan Mata!!!!! was unable to prevent a SS Lazio defeat to Anzhi.
    SS Lazio slumped to a 2 - 0 defeat to Anzhi in their Friendly fixture.

Not a good start for the samba star, hopefully not a sign of things to come!!

Dave Shadow steered Tottenham Hotspur to victory against Liverpool.
    Tottenham Hotspur hammered Liverpool 5 - 0 in their Friendly fixture.
    Modrić scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Nagatomo and Pedro were also amongst the goalscorer

5 goals, 5 goalscorers and all of them new additions to my team (Modric, Nagatomo, Pedro, Montoliov and Boateng). Also 2 assists for Schurlle, 2 from Turan and 1 from Modric.

****ing excited for next season. New guys are all gelling in immediately :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

tonic wine wrote: »
    I 100% agree with everything your saying, and I'm sure there is plenty others at smaller clubs thinking the exact same as you.

Very tough for smaller teams when they have joined at such a mature stage.

You get help if you ask around though, plenty of decent managers, but I can understand lads losing the motivation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

1-3 win away to braga with Thiago scoring one and Matic creating one :D

Very tough for smaller teams when they have joined at such a mature stage.

You get help if you ask around though, plenty of decent managers, but I can understand lads losing the motivation.

I joined the Good league with a piss loor swindon team (granted their budget was huge) but i traded all my players out for newer and got a few loans.... Won D4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Why do people put players on transfer list with a price and even when you bid 8m more than the price they still reject the bid..

its near impossible to buy players now and i can see a lot of managers including me packing it in

Did you vote on the polls I did about the rule not been able to buy from unmanaged clubs?

When I had Kyiv, buying from unmanaged contributed hugely to signing players to get promoted from Division 2 and been competitive in Division 1, and been able to compete fair and square with cash against the big clubs for quality players.

Now it's mostly just the elite clubs trading top players amongst themselves. I can see why managers at small clubs decide to drop off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Valencia slumped to a 3 - 2 defeat to ACF Fiorentina in their Friendly fixture.
    Forlán was on the scoresheet for his side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Juan Mata!!!!! was unable to prevent a SS Lazio defeat to Anzhi.
    SS Lazio slumped to a 2 - 0 defeat to Anzhi in their Friendly fixture.

Not a good start for the samba star, hopefully not a sign of things to come!!

Winning is a habit at Anzhi, what did you expect :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

tonic wine wrote: »
    Did you vote on the polls I did about the rule not been able to buy from unmanaged clubs?

When I had Kyiv, buying from unmanaged contributed hugely to signing players to get promoted from Division 2 and been competitive in Division 1, and been able to compete fair and square with cash against the big clubs for quality players.

Now it's mostly just the elite clubs trading top players amongst themselves. I can see why managers at small clubs decide to drop off.

Thats not really true though.. When i got US Palermo they had a really good youth team but all there main squad were pretty crap.

I ended up selling most of them par 2 or 3 and bought a lot of younger players in hope that they'd rise (Firmino,Schneiderlin etc) and because of that I got them promoted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Stick around and build up your manager ranking then jump ship too a bigger team bud?

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I joined the Good league with a piss loor swindon team (granted their budget was huge) but i traded all my players out for newer and got a few loans.... Won D4.

I obviously went up with you. Honestly, over in the good league, I have a different mindset because I'm at a smaller club; I'm more than happy getting decent 87s and 88s in. Have managed to use externals over there to get to a stage where I have a near full 88 team and most are potential risers long term.

I do think that it's an expectation thing; I worry some people join low division teams but still want top players, players they know, and that's just not how the game is going to work in the lower leagues. It's more challanging down there; you've got to be smart with loans, you've got to scour the externals (where there are still lots of 87s, and a few 88s).

You've also got to build relationships. It's nothing to do with "the big teams trading among themselves"; it's the fact that most of the "big" teams (and I include the likes of Porto, Lazio, etc) are teams who have been talking for months now, who know each other and are thus more likely to broker deals together.

I'm more than willing to send anyone I can out on loan, and as some will hopefully attest, I'll happily sell players for a decent fee. But you've got to get in touch, you've got to ask who is available, you've got to contact people. And yes, you've got to make a list of who isn't worthwhile contacting, but there are many, many managers who are willing to help teams out. Not by selling their top players or top prospects for nothing, but who can help teams with what they NEED to compete.

• Advertisement

Evening Lads ...

Is there an issue with the chat on SM?

I'm not even getting the option to go from 'offline' to 'online'

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement