Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Evening Lads ...

Is there an issue with the chat on SM?

I'm not even getting the option to go from 'offline' to 'online'

Thanks

Working fine for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

grrrr, damn laptop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Evening Lads ...

Thanks

What browser? Chat never works for me unless I click on someone I don't want to talk to first and then after that it works :P

grrrr, damn laptop!

Its ok.. Sure it's not like you're signing anyone! -_-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

TheGunns wrote: »
    What browser? Chat never works for me unless I click on someone I don't want to talk to first and then after that it works :P

Used to be exactly like that for me on firefox, works best on Chrome for me.

• Advertisement

TheGunns wrote: »

chrome and IE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Evening Lads ...

Thanks

Mines working alright.
    If being as ****e as normal means its alright. :pac:

3 Internet history deletes and reboots later ... chat is back

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

3 Internet history deletes and reboots later ... chat is back

Seems like too much explicit material... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I obviously went up with you. Honestly, over in the good league, I have a different mindset because I'm at a smaller club; I'm more than happy getting decent 87s and 88s in. Have managed to use externals over there to get to a stage where I have a near full 88 team and most are potential risers long term.

I do think that it's an expectation thing; I worry some people join low division teams but still want top players, players they know, and that's just not how the game is going to work in the lower leagues. It's more challanging down there; you've got to be smart with loans, you've got to scour the externals (where there are still lots of 87s, and a few 88s).

You've also got to build relationships. It's nothing to do with "the big teams trading among themselves"; it's the fact that most of the "big" teams (and I include the likes of Porto, Lazio, etc) are teams who have been talking for months now, who know each other and are thus more likely to broker deals together.

I'm more than willing to send anyone I can out on loan, and as some will hopefully attest, I'll happily sell players for a decent fee. But you've got to get in touch, you've got to ask who is available, you've got to contact people. And yes, you've got to make a list of who isn't worthwhile contacting, but there are many, many managers who are willing to help teams out. Not by selling their top players or top prospects for nothing, but who can help teams with what they NEED to compete.

Ya I think you're dead right on what your saying there when it comes to managing at the lower end and expectations,shure I'm 3 seasons in with Flamengo and still have only 5/6 players rated 88,2 above that...although that could be down to bad management :pac:
    Getting guys on loan is a big help though

• Advertisement

The offer for Nicolás OTAMENDI of Bayern München from US Palermo has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Happy with that!
    A young 89 CB is always handy to have and it lets me sell Castan without any repercussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

When I was at Sao Paulo, Ganso was my star player and I wouldn't let him go!! :D Turns out he's an average enough player but when you're in Div 3 with only 3 above 88, you hang on to those players for dear life :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Lads possible Nation's League GW maybe being created if anyone is interested.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Happy with that!
    A young 89 CB is always handy to have and it lets me sell Castan without any repercussion.

Happy with Fernandes and a bit of cash :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    When I was at Sao Paulo, Ganso was my star player and I wouldn't let him go!! :D Turns out he's an average enough player but when you're in Div 3 with only 3 above 88, you hang on to those players for dear life :D:D

You think that's bad. Junior Hoilett has been my star player and he's only 87 rated!!

TBH, I had hoped he'd get bumped up to 88 as he got QPR promoted but alas, it wasn't to be!

It's strange though the way some players can consistently outperform others, despite having a lower rating!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Was just thinking that it will be impossible now for new managers to ever get a big club because theyd never be able to get near the top 10 manager list due to the rest of us having such a headstart?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Was just thinking that it will be impossible now for new managers to ever get a big club because theyd never be able to get near the top 10 manager list due to the rest of us having such a headstart?

Yes but do we want new manager getting big clubs? Surely managers who have been managing in lowly D3 and D4 deserve to manage a "bigger" club before new managers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Well I only had 2 seasons so far an im already up to 36 in the rankings but yeah, I agree with you. Managers who have been languishing in the lower half of the lower leagues are ranked higher than newer managers who are punching above their weight, it doesn't make much sense.

Wilberto wrote: »
    Yes but do we want new manager getting big clubs? Surely managers who have been managing in lowly D3 and D4 deserve to manage a "bigger" club before new managers.

If someone comes in and does well with a club in D3 or D4 for a season or so and they apply for the same club as someone who's been relegated two seasons in a row with a bigger club, where is the logic in the good manager losing out to the loser?

Seaneh wrote: »
    Well I only had 2 seasons so far an im already up to 36 in the rankings but yeah, I agree with you. Managers who have been languishing in the lower half of the lower leagues are ranked higher than newer managers who are punching above their weight, it doesn't make much sense.

I'll just put myself into the latter category there! :D:)

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote: »
    I'll just put myself into the latter category there! :D:)

You've definitely punched above your weight.

But sure no system is perfect. Have ye any alternatives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

I dunno Dave. I came to this league late and all the good teams were taken. I took Estudiantes (i tink; memory is shonky) for a brief period. Bought loads of youngsters then jumped ship to Galatasary where I spent a season-ish. Then the Milan gig came up and I got it with a rating of 17. Was I lucky that nobody else with a higher rating applied? Perhaps. You never know tho. Every time you beat a team with a higher average rating in their starting 11 than yours your own manager rating jumps up. I'm now at 11 so not in the top ten but I'm guessing most of the folk in the top 10 already have the gigs they want so wouldn't necessarily be going against you for any gig you apply for ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

bazarakus wrote: »
    I dunno Dave. I came to this league late and all the good teams were taken. I took Estudiantes (i tink; memory is shonky) for a brief period. Bought loads of youngsters then jumped ship to Galatasary where I spent a season-ish. Then the Milan gig came up and I got it with a rating of 17. Was I lucky that nobody else with a higher rating applied? Perhaps. You never know tho. Every time you beat a team with a higher average rating in their starting 11 than yours your own manager rating jumps up. I'm now at 11 so not in the top ten but I'm guessing most of the folk in the top 10 already have the gigs they want so wouldn't necessarily be going against you for any gig you apply for ...

See this is the thing, as above.....

Its all about what your ambitions are, when we talk about attracting new managers to the league they will stay IF they come in mindset of using these clubs as stepping stones to other clubs IMO.... Obviously, since day 1 some managers have been with 'their' clubs, the club they built from the ground up from the original roster of players, but that cannot happen anymore, that emotional attachment of taking what was a RL club with its RL player and making it into YOUR version of what the club could be is gone, some reasons may include that, your not starting from the original squad anymore, or that the market is difficult enough if you don't have pospects/cash, or even don't have that much overlooked TIME invested with the other more well established managers in the GW...

IF managers come into this GW and see the smaller clubs as a stepping stone to a bigger club, I think we have a greater chance of holding on to them....

Others will disagree, but putting myself in one of those managers shoes, seeing the madness of 'silly season' in full effect as of late and not being able to get a piece of that, its tough to want to stay around I would suspect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

DE SCIGLIO, Mattia Photo DE SCIGLIO, Mattia D,DM,M(RL) 21 89

Transfer listed. Bid must be a goalie rated 88 or above with as much prospect of rising above 90 as Mattia has.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

bazarakus wrote: »
    DE SCIGLIO, Mattia Photo DE SCIGLIO, Mattia D,DM,M(RL) 21 89

Transfer listed. Bid must be a goalie rated 88 or above with as much prospect of rising above 90 as Mattia has.

Any interest in Rafael? The 88 rated Napoli keeper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

The offer for Diego CONTENTO of Bayern München from SS Lazio has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Great to get some Def/Mid cover in!

Cheers Bayern!

The offer for Diego CONTENTO of Bayern München from SS Lazio has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Great to get some Def/Mid cover in!

Cheers Bayern!

:( Bayern why you no sell to poor Porto? Everyone else is getting some :D

Everyone else put in better offers! Fernandes was a no brainer for me

@Baz, Baumann maybe?

• Advertisement

Game is so stupid at times. Just tried to loan list Lica (86) and Icardi (87), who was promised to someone, and I can't. Neither will be used by me next season, why can't I let them go!! Can will be the same I'd imagine

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement