Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Oh and congrats to the teams that where promoted didn't notice any of them posting the results.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I thought given he just won the BBVA and got to the finals of the CL that he'd last longer.

Soccermanager seems to really be taking transfers into account in a big big way now :eek:

Probably no bad thing I shifted a few players though I'll feel very guilty if they do drop...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Didn't think he'd drop 2! Raw deal for Hamburger though it was a youngster and cash so may still have been worth it

Thing is its not just any youngster, that guy has been outstanding this season and will probably move to a bigger club

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Can someone tell me who got promoted and relegated this season gone by?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

• Advertisement

The offer for Hélder POSTIGA of CS Maritimo from SS Lazio has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

kind of surprised nobody went for him.... He's in the WC squad, still has some miles on the clock and should get some game time at Lazio next season with Klose winding down....

Never had the greatest scoring record but a cheap 88 all the same!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

The offer for Hélder POSTIGA of CS Maritimo from SS Lazio has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

kind of surprised nobody went for him.... He's in the WC squad, still has some miles on the clock and should get some game time at Lazio next season with Klose winding down....

Never had the greatest scoring record but a cheap 88 all the same!

He's almost always in the Portugal squad....for everything! The Portuguese have never had much luck in producing out and out centre forwards. (For the purpose of this statement I'm placing Cristiano Ronaldo in the "Winger" category.)

For example, wasn't Nuno Gomes their CF for years!!

Once you're not expecting him to rise though then you'll be grand!! :D:D

If Cameroon don't go to the World Cup what happens does somebody take there and if so who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Come on Mexico!!

JamboMac wrote: »
    If Cameroon don't go to the World Cup what happens does somebody take there and if so who?

Don't worry bout it, they are on the plane and all, it got sorted, they are getting their bonuses

• Advertisement

Don't worry bout it, they are on the plane and all, it got sorted, they are getting their bonuses

Damn I thought we could make a Cameroon team out of us boardsies and represent them.

SS Lazio beat Tottenham Hotspur 3 - 1 in their Friendly fixture.
    Tello scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Neymar was also on the scoresheet for his side.

let's hope this is the start of things to come!

Another loss to an unmanaged team. Wondering if it's my set up or the game trolling me...

It's the 12th is the turn of seasons lads yeah?

Players clinical tonight.

James Mcconville steered Dynamo Kyiv to victory against SSC Napoli.
    Dynamo Kyiv beat SSC Napoli 3 - 0 in their Friendly fixture.
    Huntelaar scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Paulinho and Rémy were also amongst the goalscorers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Decided to change my tactics for tonight, and it really worked out well!
    Matthew Scorr steered US Palermo to victory against Manchester City.
    US Palermo beat Manchester City 3 - 0 in their Friendly fixture.
    Viviano had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Draxler, Firmino and Willian were amongst the goalscorers.

Also those 3 lads getting on the scoresheet together is a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Hercule Poirot held a pre-season press conference today. Wearing a blue satin robe and refering to himself in the third person there were fears for his sanity inside the San Mames Stadium as he gave the following statement:

"Many have wondered if M. Poirot, also known as The Self-Righteous Lord of the Kingdom, the Power and the Glory, can provide for Athletic Club next season. I too have asked myself this question of him. At the moment, anything could happen - but be not afeared, come the second game of next season he shall have a team that shall bring ye to your knees."

When questioned as to why the team should not be ready for the first game, rather than the second, M. Poirot screamed obscenities in what sounded like Cantonese before removing his robe to reveal that he was wearing a purple tuxedo and being removed by security.

The club chairman was asked what had just happened, to which he replied:

"What his garbled little mind is trying to tell you is that he has lined up a few signings but they may not arrive untill the second game of the season - why he can't just say this instead of his nonsense I don't know, but his parties are totally worth the nonsense"

Hercule Poirot held a pre-season press conference today. Wearing a blue satin robe and refering to himself in the third person there were fears for his sanity inside the San Mames Stadium as he gave the following statement:

"Many have wondered if M. Poirot, also known as The Self-Righteous Lord of the Kingdom, the Power and the Glory, can provide for Athletic Club next season. I too have asked myself this question of him. At the moment, anything could happen - but be not afeared, come the second game of next season he shall have a team that shall bring ye to your knees."

When questioned as to why the team should not be ready for the first game, rather than the second, M. Poirot screamed obscenities in what sounded like Cantonese before removing his robe to reveal that he was wearing a purple tuxedo and being removed by security.

The club chairman was asked what had just happened, to which he replied:

"What his garbled little mind is trying to tell you is that he has lined up a few signings but they may not arrive untill the second game of the season - why he can't just say this instead of his nonsense I don't know, but his parties are totally worth the nonsense"

LOL!!!! Keep em coming!!!

Brilliant stuff :D:D:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

The following is an excerpt from a report that my assistant manager, Steve Tilson, sent to me, by email, regarding the performance during the recent friendly with FC Basel:
    Assistant manager Steve Tilson steered Estudiantes to victory against FC Basel.
    Estudiantes beat FC Basel 3 - 2 in their Friendly fixture.
    Wendt had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Hoilett, Giggs and N'zonzi were amongst the goalscorers.

Although it is nice to see Hoilett score in his new role, two things struck me with that game.

1. We look very open at the back since moving to this new formation,

2. We are going to miss Ryan terribly when he retires. Éderson just isn't the same player.

Regards,

Steve T

Meanwhile, at the Vicente Calderón in Spain:
    Willow Murphy steered Argentina to victory against Norway.
    Argentina beat Norway 2 - 0 in their SMFA World Cup Group D fixture.
    Messi scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Di María was also on the scoresheet for his side.
    Argentina have progressed to the next round of the SMFA World Cup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

David Vílla dropped by 2 points to 91. A case of the game getting a bit previous. OK he's left Spain to join some MLS team but he's still the main striker for the World Cup holders. Nonsense.

• Advertisement

bazarakus wrote: »
    David Vílla dropped by 2 points to 91. A case of the game getting a bit previous. OK he's left Spain to join some MLS team but he's still the main striker for the World Cup holders. Nonsense.

What's the max an mls player can be he might drop further.

As there is a max cap on nations.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

SS Lazio beat Tottenham Hotspur 3 - 1 in their Friendly fixture.
    Tello scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Neymar was also on the scoresheet for his side.

let's hope this is the start of things to come!

Ah, that's what happens when the manager is off at the World Cup :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

What's the max an mls player can be he might drop further.

As there is a max cap on nations.

I dunno pal. I haven't paid them much attention but I don't tink I've seen on rated higher than 90. He will defo drop further but my point is he's not actually joined anyone yet so they're jumping the gun big time. Will he be a worse player by the end of the world cup than he was when he won the title with Atletico? Nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

2-0 down after 5 mins,

However I came back to win 3-2 against PSV.

Ah, that's what happens when the manager is off at the World Cup :P

Lol so was I!!! Italy are through!!!!

bazarakus wrote: »

Whilst I agree that dropping him immediately is very very harsh...

He ain't the main striker.....

Will be Diego Costa for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Colombia have failed to make it out of the group stages for the SMFA World Cup ...

Rumor has it that Mark SBR Wilmots is refusing to travel on the flight back to Colombia.

He' claims he wouldnt be able to enjoy a meal out whilst in colombia for fear of the countries past in relation to 'poor' performances at a WC repeating themselves.

He has confirmed he will resign from the post and look for a new national post in the future.

So looks like Henry dropped by 2 when he signed and then dropped a further 3 in January.

Didn't get too far with Mexico :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

So looks like Henry dropped by 2 when he signed and then dropped a further 3 in January.

After seeing GAA coverage on sky I read that as Henry as in Henry Shefflin :D

and was wondering 'who?' :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement