Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

So with 8-0 win over Jamaica are France that good or is the Jamaica goalkeeper probably the worst and most awkward looking goalkeeper you've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Whilst I agree that dropping him immediately is very very harsh...

He ain't the main striker.....

Will be Diego Costa for sure

Diego Costa? He of the ****ed hamstrings? Would not put any money on it buddy! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

bazarakus wrote: »
    Diego Costa? He of the ****ed hamstrings? Would not put any money on it buddy! :)

He lasted 73mins in the friendly, but I would be of the opinion that with the recovery period his hamstring will be a ticking time bomb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

bazarakus wrote: »

I'm betting that Spain won't play him until they are out of the group phase.... I reckon they are strong enough to cope without him (indeed they have played without a striker before) and qualify, hence more rest time for him...

Villa will be benched and come on if needs be, trust me Spain need Costa if they are going to win it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

He lasted 73mins in the friendly, but I would be of the opinion that with the recovery period his hamstring will be a ticking time bomb.

Ticking time bomb is rite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭phone2000

JamboMac wrote: »
    This is why people find it difficult to leave a team behind, I hate to say it but hamburg look a lot weaker than last season.

My Hamburg team wouldn’t be as weak if a couple of deals I had agreed had actually been completed. I let two star players go on the basis that 2 other managers would complete deals with me. The idea was to let Tevez and Navas go and replace them with 4 91 players and strengthen a couple of positions. As it turned out once I had done the deals the other managers went quiet and refused to do the deals, even after they were agreed. I then had to panic buy Villa to fill a hole, I thought at worst he would drop down 1. It didn’t work out and I’m left with a much weaker side. This happened a couple of times when I was at Boca and it’s very frustrating. But hey, it’s only a game…….

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

I say name and shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I say name and shame.

i second this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

eh i dunno wrote: »
    i second this

I third this

I fourth t.... Ah just say it!!!

• Advertisement

I won't be naming and shaming, they know who they are.

I'm just venting as I lost two star players and I'm fearing a relegation dog fight for Hamburg this year.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Well if it's the managers you did the Tevez and Navas deals with we can see who it was, if it was another manager that you were dealing with and they backed out for whatever reason, well that's their perogative.

That was more of a, 'I have a really big secret... But I can't tell you' type statement. Don't blame others if you aren't willing to name them

It wasn't the managers I did the Tevez and Navas deals with - they were seperate deals.

I just saw that it had been mentioned here that Hamburg were weaker than last year and I was explaining why. I'm not blaming anyone except myself for the deals, I'm just trying to explain why the squad is weaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

I would like them to be named. If managers are going back on their word i would like to know who they are so i can avoid dealing with them.

Plus i love a bit of scandal!!

phone2000 wrote: »
    It wasn't the managers I did the Tevez and Navas deals with - they were seperate deals.

I just saw that it had been mentioned here that Hamburg were weaker than last year and I was explaining why. I'm not blaming anyone except myself for the deals, I'm just trying to explain why the squad is weaker.

It wasn't the deals involving Tevez and Navas? Why did you sell them if the other deals fell through??

It's your team your club now so it's up to you to accept deals or not, just trying to get my head round that part?

Edit: not having a go at you or anything, in your position if the previous agreed deals fell through I'd not sell those 2 then?

Tevez deal was done because I had agreement to buy a replacement. I was getting 2 midfielders in as well which I felt I needed.

I was getting cash as part of the Navas deal which would have given me enough to buy the replacement forwards.

The deals were done because I thought I had replacements lined up but they collapsed.

Lesson learned though, get the replacement in before selling!

Lads is says the new fixtures are to be announced on 10th, thats tonight...

So will the '3 deals per season with one club' reset tonight?

I would imagine so. Have one myself to go through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I wonder who you are waiting on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Being honest, I don't know the in's and out's of your deals, but if it wasn't part of them deals then it is just a lesson you have learned.

Things move fast at times here and people can change their minds, I think it would have been bad form if it was part of the players you let go, but seems it was not it is just a hard lesson learned.

A few people, have felt hard done by with people pulling out of deals that had been accepted, but it happens in real life too, there is nothing wrong wrong with it. Just bad luck more than bad form I think.

As you day it is just a game, lesson learned and move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Lads these offers for Farfan are taking the absolute p**s! My team isn't great and I'm being offered 84-87 rated players that aren't even potential risers. Looks like i'll be keeping him then! Had one decent offer for him at the start but i think even one of those players involved in the deal has been sold on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Being honest, I don't know the in's and out's of your deals, but if it wasn't part of them deals then it is just a lesson you have learned.

Things move fast at times here and people can change their minds, I think it would have been bad form if it was part of the players you let go, but seems it was not it is just a hard lesson learned.

A few people, have felt hard done by with people pulling out of deals that had been accepted, but it happens in real life too, there is nothing wrong wrong with it. Just bad luck more than bad form I think.

As you day it is just a game, lesson learned and move on.

Looks like we have found one of the managers responsible...:pac::pac::pac::D:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Barca about to pay 41m for Turan in real life! Should do me well....

Kroos to United is believed to be a done deal... same as here really :D

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭gerp99

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

I hope to god he joins :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

Refuse to believe that till I see him in a jersey...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Barca about to pay 41m for Turan in real life! Should do me well....

thankfully i put a sell on clause in the deal so looking forward to you selling him ðŸ˜႒

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Hey lads, sorry about the delay, I know I said noon but had a busier than expected morning.

I assigned numbers based on the order in which clubs bid on Pizzaro. 7 clubs bid, so the order of numbers was 1 - 7.
    I used random.org to do the draw. I took a screen shot of the result which I shall link to below.

And with all that said, our winner is....

Genoa!

Feel free to make the bid at your earliest convenience and I will accept straight away.

Draw Result hyperlink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Seaneh wrote: »
    Hey lads, sorry about the delay, I know I said noon but had a busier than expected morning.

I assigned numbers based on the order in which clubs bid on Pizzaro. 7 clubs bid, so the order of numbers was 1 - 7.
    I used random.org to do the draw. I took a screen shot of the result which I shall link to below.

And with all that said, our winner is....

Genoa!

Feel free to make the bid at your earliest convenience and I will accept straight away.

Draw Result hyperlink.

Hard to believe that only 7 clubs put in a bid for him from all the Div 3/4 ones!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

tommycahir wrote: »
    Hard to believe that only 7 clubs put in a bid for him from all the Div 3/4 ones!

One or two clubs withdrew their bids and the another club bid p/e, I guess his age put a few people off but at face value it's worth the risk imho.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement