Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Be sorry to see you go Dave.
    One of the good ones.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Di maria got his +1 to 94

Teamshadowclan will also be happy I'm sure with modric also getting his +1 to 94.

On a side note lads I know i said id stay on for another season but after tonights charity shield I will be leaving the gameworld, interest really has fallen in the game and nothing can last forever. ive been here for 3 seasons and after winning the big 1 (division 1) twice in a row I dont see what else I have left to achieve? Thanks to mac for bringing much joy to many evenings and thanks to all the lads on the thread here.

Signed
    David Dalton (the special one) :)

Well that post was a roller coaster of emotion....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Well that post was a roller coaster of emotion....

nevermind your emotions ... go announce your draft pick :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Lads 2 days left before we can't make any rule changes....

Just want to make sure everyone knows that time is short if we are making any changes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Think this thread outlines all the votes taken

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057193673

• Advertisement

Teamshadowclan will also be happy I'm sure with modric also getting his +1 to 94.

On a side note lads I know i said id stay on for another season but after tonights charity shield I will be leaving the gameworld, interest really has fallen in the game and nothing can last forever. ive been here for 3 seasons and after winning the big 1 (division 1) twice in a row I dont see what else I have left to achieve? Thanks to mac for bringing much joy to many evenings and thanks to all the lads on the thread here.

Signed

You'll be missed mate!!!

Another good man down

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

There was a hastily arranged press conference at the San Mames Stadium as Athletic Club's manager Hercule Poirot reacted to the news of 12gauge dave's impeding hiatus from management. Dressed in what appeared to be a funeral suit, and with a single tear rolling down his cheek, he gave the following statement:

"It is a sad day to lose one of the best managers we have right now, but he must do what he has to do - hopefully his love of the game will cause him to return one day. I was going to make an announcement about an impending transfer but this is much more important than that. I wish him well in all his future endevours."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Signed

Don't quit. Make it title #3. If you tried this season and failed then I would get the need to quit.

Don't quit.

bazarakus wrote: »
    Don't quit. Make it title #3. If you tried this season and failed then I would get the need to quit.

Don't quit.

I'd think the opposite.... I reckon if he came close and Just got pipped he might have the drive to reclaim.....

Successfully defending the title is as good a time as any to bow out so I'd see why the timing on this suits him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'd think the opposite.... I reckon if he came close and Just got pipped he might have the drive to reclaim.....

Successfully defending the title is as good a time as any to bow out so I'd see why the timing on this suits him!

Yup, like Fergie. Leave on a high.

Not that I think you should quit though!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Don't quit yet I don't have a high enough ranking to get the job;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Lads if we could try to make it a little less obvious that we want him to quit so we can take the Real job that'd be ACE

"Balance, always, must be brought to the force my young padwan..."

Transfer Message
    The offer for Diego AGUIRRE of CD Toledo from Athletic Club has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Just been signed by Rayo Vallecano - definite rating rise for jumping two divisions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

The Genoa team has been selected for the Charity Shield,

Most of them the young Cup Winners wanting more Silverware,

We feast at the table of the Kings tonight.

Transfer Message
    The offer for Diego AGUIRRE of CD Toledo from Athletic Club has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Just been signed by Rayo Vallecano - definite rating rise for jumping two divisions

More good news for you in case you missed it...

Gabbiadini being linked with Inter today

And like I said previous....

Spain's main striker... D Costa dodgy hamstrings and all!

And like I said previous....

Spain's main striker... D Costa dodgy hamstrings and all!

What happened? I'm waiting for the match to start on RTE player but it's on an old desktop in work that has no speakers :/

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    What happened? I'm waiting for the match to start on RTE player but it's on an old desktop in work that has no speakers :/

Nothing,

Tupac has said previously in the thread that Costa will be Spains main striker,

Others questioned it,

The main question is how long the hamstring will last, I will be amazed if he is fully fit.

But happy to see him up there, much better team for it!

Ah right, thought he was out!

Nothing,

Tupac has said previously in the thread that Costa will be Spains main striker,

Others questioned it,

The main question is how long the hamstring will last, I will be amazed if he is fully fit.

But happy to see him up there, much better team for it!

Yup pretty much this... Even a half fit dodgy hamstring Costa would be more vital to Spain than a fully fit Villa...

He just gives them that hold-up option that nobody else can

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Matthew Scorr steered US Palermo to victory against Panathinaikos.
    US Palermo outclassed Panathinaikos and thrashed them 6 - 1 in their Friendly fixture.
    Firmino scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Draxler and Balotelli were also amongst the goalscorers.

Undefeated in all my friendly's so far.

Charity Shield

Genoa 0-3 Real Madrid

The scoreline flatters Madrid a little, but the gulf in class of the players selected made the difference.

The Madrid manager can go out on a high!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

My 4th and last peice of silverware won this evening I felt guilty playing my strongest squad but I wanted to go out on a high.

Thanks to ye all lads for having me and will miss the banter.

2 division 1 titles(back to back)
    2 charity shields(back to back)
    1 div 4 play off
    Average points of 2.38 that will be more when manager rankings are updated for winning charity shield.

Ive had a very successful stint in a very competitive gameworld, Very few gave me the credit i felt i deserved but i wont bring that up now.
    I wish the manager taking over from me the same success.

I will quit the gameworld now so the new manager can be sorted out.

Goodbye to all

Hope to see you back soon lad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

My 4th and last peice of silverware won this evening I felt guilty playing my strongest squad but I wanted to go out on a high.

Thanks to ye all lads for having me and will miss the banter.

2 division 1 titles(back to back)
    2 charity shields(back to back)
    1 div 4 play off
    Average points of 2.38 that will be more when manager rankings are updated for winning charity shield.

Ive had a very successful stint in a very competitive gameworld, Very few gave me the credit i felt i deserved but i wont bring that up now.
    I wish the manager taking over from me the same success.

I will quit the gameworld now so the new manager can be sorted out.

Goodbye to all

Really sorry too see a good manager leave...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Applications in the usual place lads

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭gerp99

Thank god I signed Robben :D

See a massive drop for all Spanish defenders tomorrow :P

Yup pretty much this... Even a half fit dodgy hamstring Costa would be more vital to Spain than a fully fit Villa...

He just gives them that hold-up option that nobody else can

Well that turned out well :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Well that turned out well :eek:

Even if they had Raul up there (at his peak) it wouldn't have made a difference. The game was lost at the other end of the pitch. You can't afford to give away such soft goals and expect to win a football match.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement