Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Badly need a striker and centre back for tonight especially but also the rest of the season. Going into my match tonight with my only striker being 85 rated and having only one proper centre back.....

So ya basically I need a loan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Colemania wrote: »
    Badly need a striker and centre back for tonight especially but also the rest of the season. Going into my match tonight with my only striker being 85 rated and having only one proper centre back.....

You can have any player my chairman will loan out mate (with the exceptions of Ings and Coates)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

bazarakus wrote: »
    You can have any player my chairman will loan out mate (with the exceptions of Ings and Coates)

Same story here...

If my chairman would let me loan out my 87s I would!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Colemania wrote: »

Riviere at porto might is avail ... Not on loan tho...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Tough decisions to make before tonight's match. Do I stick with the formation that I have been testing in the friendlies, or go back to the one that brought us into the play-off last season. The former allows me to play my star Junior Hoilett, who has been playing extremely well in his new role, but I now only have one up front in the shape of Nolan Roux who gets great ratings but, sadly, not enough goals. The latter formation, however, means Hoilett won't be in the team at all, but I'll have two up front.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

New Skipper of Club Estudiantes de La Plata Announced

At the first pre-match press conference of the season, the first line of business was to disclose the name of the new club captain after the departure Souleymane Diawara to Lille, and the retirement of Ryan Giggs. However, it became immediately apparent who the replacement for Souleymane and Ryan was going to be as, when manager Wilberto enters the press conference, he was followed swiftly by Souleymane's defensive partner last season, Ashley Williams. After both men had taken their seats in front of a large crowd of journalists, Wilberto then outlined just why he chose Ashley to be his next skipper;

"Well, firstly, it was a tough choice. There are a few lads in the team who I feel would also be a great captain of this club. For example Nolan Roux, and Ruano Alexis to name a couple. But since Ashley came here at the start of last season he has been absolutely immense, both on the pitch and off it. Every one of the players look up him as a leader and I have no doubt that when they need that extra little motivation on the pitch, Ashley will always be there to give them that kick up the hole that they need!!"

In other news, the future for Honorato Éderson looks bleak at Estudiantes as it looks a certainty that he is only going to start the match against Galatasaray in Turkey on the bench. Éderson had hoped that, with the retirement of Giggs, he would be a regular fixture in the first team but, having failed to make a significant impact in the pre-season friendlies, looks to be falling out of Wilberto's plans for the foreseeable future. Only time will tell if Éderson is willing to stick it out on the bench this season and wait for his chance, or if he'll look further afield in search of more regular first team football.

Excited for this season to kick off!!!!

Considering the ins and outs at SS Lazio this summer it has been explained to the players the lofty expectations the board have for the club this year....

With J Boateng captaining the side and Jr. Neymar the undisputed talisman of the club and indeed spiritual leader of the group (he has quite an infectious personality in training!!) Tupac has finally appeased the hard-core Lazio fan base's calls for more 'Abramovic style' entertaining football!

He hopes........

Best of luck to everyone for the forthcoming season!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Only a few transfers at Bayern but very happy with them and really looking forward to the season. Good start to the campaign last night, hopefully it will continue against Liverpool tonight!

Porto are starting the new season with a midfield partnership of new arrivals Matic and Thiago, while Toby Alder......is slotting in the back 4 gap left by the departure of J. Boateng.

Migniolet will spend the first few games in goal before setting off to newcastle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Ayoze got a +2 to 84 and he's only just recently arrived into my Ajax side :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Woohoo! We're back baby!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Tevez with a goal and MOTM performance to win it for me against Bayer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,267 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I beat an unmanaged team, the shackles have been lifted!

Genoa 3 - 1 LA Galaxy,

Looking at the stats I would say it is my most comprehensive display ever,

Great to get off to a winning start!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

0-0 draw away to Anzhi.
    Not a bad start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Our first game back in div 3 :)
    The Governor steered Werder Bremen to victory against Hannover 96.
    Werder Bremen beat Hannover 96 4 - 2 in a thrilling Division 3 encounter.
    Peluso scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Dawson and Ji were also amongst the goalscorers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Got hammered and yet my stats where better then his, really soccer manager really?

James Mcconville was unable to prevent a Dynamo Kyiv defeat to Arsenal.
    Dynamo Kyiv lost 6 - 2 to Arsenal in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.
    Rémy and Huntelaar were amongst the goalscorers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Just whipped real Madrid 3-0 in my ever division 1 game :)

Didnt think I'd have 3 points after 4 games considering the teams I'm up against in my first few games never mind in my first game so .... BOOM!

Mark SBR Wilmots steered FC Porto to victory against Paris Saint-Germain.
    FC Porto beat Paris Saint-Germain 2 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Ayew scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    De Bruyne was also on the scoresheet for his side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Dominate possession, shots, shots on target

Lose 2-1 to Fiorentina

Teething problems at Newcastle ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

1-1 at home to Liverpool. A good team but I was expecting a win. Hig was out through suspension so I'm hoping my top scorer can get me the win on Thursday

All in all, not a terrible start to the season :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Dave Shadow earned a draw with Tottenham Hotspur against Manchester United.
    The match ended 3 - 3 between Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.
    Turan, Vertonghen and Boateng were amongst the goalscorers.

UNBEATEN THIS SEASON!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭jukebox2310

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Just whipped real Madrid 3-0 in my ever division 1 game :)

New manager already under pressure. Fans calling for return of Dave already :-)

SS Lazio dominated much of the play against Flamengo but could only manage a 2 - 2 draw in their Division 3 fixture.
    Canales and Neymar were amongst the goalscorers.

Neymar off the mark and set one up too!! Then got injured......

Happy enough to get a point away to a club with Bacca and Eto'o up front!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

New manager already under pressure. Fans calling for return of Dave already :-)

Haven't taken over yet;) I'm jonesing here.

First competitive fixture for me at FC Twente and had 3-0 win at home to recently relegates Sao Paulo. Happy with that start. Florenzi going to be vital for me this season

Haven't taken over yet;) I'm jonesing here.

Ah feck. Who's a little embarrassed now. Gets coat..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Gunnar De Boer steered Ajax to victory against Shakhtar Donetsk.
    Ajax outclassed Shakhtar Donetsk and beat them 1 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Eriksen scored the winner for Ajax and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Sweet relief

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

Thanks to ac Milan for loaning me 2 defenders and napoli for loaning me 1, all 3 started and finished the game in cruzeiro's 4-0 win, all 3 got a rating of 8

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

SS Lazio dominated much of the play against Flamengo but could only manage a 2 - 2 draw in their Division 3 fixture.
    Canales and Neymar were amongst the goalscorers.

Neymar off the mark and set one up too!! Then got injured......

Happy enough to get a point away to a club with Bacca and Eto'o up front!
    Also happy enough,average value of first 11's was 12.5 versus 7.3 so ya went defensive,short passing and played 4-2-2-2 which was a first.
    Stats were weird,lazio dominate possession 66 to 34 percent but Flamengo the shots 15 to 5,shots must have flew up which I switched to very attacking.
    Anyway as said happy enough with the draw considering the equalizer was scored in 88th minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

TheGunns wrote: »
    Gunnar De Boer steered Ajax to victory against Shakhtar Donetsk.
    Ajax outclassed Shakhtar Donetsk and beat them 1 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Eriksen scored the winner for Ajax and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Sweet relief

I hadn't actually realised this was the first league game. Had a couple of first teamers on the bench.

:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement