Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

3399728-tumblr_mghc4yyxak1ry10fwo1_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I would assume part of managing a team is transfers, no!? :confused:

Well sorry for the confusion then Lord.PPPP... I was taking about his shi* transfer with Ronaldinho, the one where he cheated!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

pepper180 wrote: »
    Can I just bring this one to peoples attention??

You have broke a rule, Seaneh.. I don't think it is taken very lightly.

Is that not favoring one side more than the other in a deal?

Correct me if I am wrong please but somehow I don't think that is allowed?

I signed a player I needed and paid the asking price. There was another bid of in and around the same value at the time. I had money, I could afford to pay more, so I did.

If you're going to start accusing people of cheating I'd say it's time to look a bit closer to home there fella.

If you're that worried about it, report the transfer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Well sorry for the confusion then Lord.PPPP... I was taking about his shi* transfer with Ronaldinho, the one where he cheated!

Both parties were happy with the deal. Seems sound to me.

It's ok if you're confused :)

Both parties were happy with the deal. Seems sound to me.

It's ok if you're confused :)
    Seaneh wrote: »
    Because I over paid to help a friend out, he needed the money to sign someone else, I needed a winger, everyone wins and money is literally worthless in this game anyway.

I OVER PAID TO HELP A FRIEND OUT, HE NEEDED MONEY

:confused:

• Advertisement

Report the transfer if you're so worried about it.

You sold me Kokorin for far less than the market value when you were at Real. You then quit the game a few weeks later.
    I fully believe you only sold him because you knew you were quitting.

You made a transfer that benefited one team more than the other because you were giving up the game.

The joys of having Transfer monitoring off I suppose, you can do what you want

Still seems fine to me either way. Someone needed cash, someone needed a player, they swapped job done.

Still confused?

To be fair, I dont see a problem with the transfer at all...

You sold me Kokorin for far less than the market value when you were at Real. You then quit the game a few weeks later.
    I fully believe you only sold him because you knew you were quitting.

You made a transfer that benefited one team more than the other because you were giving up the game.

I didn't even know who Kokorin was!! Correct, I think I quit exactly 4 days after because I started my new job, I explained that to everyone!! I didn't know I would quit until the day I got him and I was like Sh*t, this is tough to manage and have a full time job.. :pac:

I now see how badass Kokorin is and I regret it.. :pac:

The joys of having Transfer monitoring off I suppose, you can do what you want

Still seems fine to me either way. Someone needed cash, someone needed a player, they swapped job done.

Still confused?

But him saying he over paid just to give his friend some extra cash? That not sound alarm bells?

Less of the still confused please, no insults thanks :)

• Advertisement

Welcome back Dave!
    Knew you'd miss us! ;)

Well if monitoring was on and someone reported the Kokorin deal and pointed out that you quit the league 4 days later, your account would be banned.
    Someone reported ctrl-alt-dlt when he sold Salah to GTI and quit the league a few days later and his account was banned, which is exactly the same as you selling Kokorin (and a few other players) and then quiting the league 4 days later.

You report my deal for Ronaldinho and at worst it would be reversed (and even at that, it wouldn't be).

So really, who's the one breaking rules?

But him saying he over paid just to give his friend some extra cash? That not sound alarm bells?

Less of the still confused please, no insults thanks :)

It doesn't, no.

You used a confused smiley, the only logical explanation for that would be that you are confused. You're welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

An here i was thinking this was only a game...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    An here i was thinking this was only a game...;)

It is and this is the funnest part.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

resized_all-the-things-meme-generator-break-all-the-rules-78afc2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Because I over paid to help a friend out, he needed the money to sign someone else, I needed a winger, everyone wins and money is literally worthless in this game anyway.

This ^^^^^^ Coming from someone moaning about deals between other clubs ....

SERIOUSLY?! DOING DEALS TO HELP/ SUIT A FRIEND?!?

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

As was already posted, he needed a player someone else needed cash, they swapped, job done.

There were others straight out cheating before with their cross world transfers and all was forgotten... Easy for some to point the finger

Find me a rule that says you can't buy a player for cash and the selling team can't name their price and I'll take your criticism lads. But the two people crying foul of that transfer are players who have in one instance done cross world deals (totally against the rules) and one player who sold players for face value and then quit the game a few days later, a ban-able offence.

If anything this little kerfuffle is the perfect argument for turning monitoring back on so we can report these suspected dodgy deals and see where the punishments land, because I know for a fact my deal wouldn't even be reversed where as both of you would have your accounts banned.

The deal suited both of us. And besides, I was wrong, I wasn't doing him a favour at all, I just had the highest bid in an auction.

I did buy another player off him for cash in season 3, Gruezo , I paid max bid for him, I wanted the young player and he needed the cash to finish a deal for a first team player, again, it helped him out but I wanted the player so it's nothing like cheating and it's not against any rules.

He messaged me and said "fancy buying a youth from me, I need cash" I picked one and asked how much and he said "bid whatever you think and I'll accept it if I want".

And as for Ronaldinho being a bad signing, scoring the winning goal in the play off semi final and 3 goals, 2 assists in 7 games and and average rating of 7.43 says otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Find me a rule that says you can't buy a player for cash and the selling team can't name their price and I'll take your criticism lads. But the two people crying foul of that transfer are players who have in one instance done cross world deals (totally against the rules) and one player who sold players for face value and then quit the game a few days later, a ban-able offence.

If anything this little kerfuffle is the perfect argument for turning monitoring back on so we can report these suspected dodgy deals and see where the punishments land, because I know for a fact my deal wouldn't even be reversed where as both of you would have your accounts banned.

I am pretty sure there is a rule somewhere that states you can't put me on ignore when i make a crappy bid for Carvalho..:D:D

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    I am pretty sure there is a rule somewhere that states you can't put me on ignore when i make a crappy bid for Carvalho..:D:D

You're not on ignore, but he's unavailable, unless the offer is mental :D

You're not on ignore, but he's unavailable, unless the offer is mental :D

4m... Come on, help a friend out ;):p

4m... Come on, help a friend out ;):p

I do need the cash....

The last manager here left the club broke...

Something I'd also like to point out is, although I don't believe there was any wrong doing, this could have been investigated if monitoring was on.

So to all those calling Seaneh a cheat etc. What do you expect to be done? Monitoring is off, people can do whatever transfers they want.

Think it might be time to start the "should monitoring be turned back on" debate.

We warned them all no good would come of it and we've been proven right.

Something I'd also like to point out is, although I don't believe there was any wrong doing, this could have been investigated if monitoring was on.

So to all those calling Seaneh a cheat etc. What do you expect to be done? Monitoring is off, people can do whatever transfers they want.

Im not calling him a cheat, i merely pointibg out that (his words) he helped out a friend ...
    When there was other friends doing deals, seaneh was up in arms ...

You cant have it both ways ....

Im not calling him a cheat, i merely pointibg out that (his words) he helped out a friend ...
    When there was other friends doing deals, seaneh was up in arms ...

You cant have it both ways ....

Do you think there was anything wrong with the deal?

I never wanted monitoring off.

Now tho, how does SMFA deal with a manager selling aplayer and getting another job a few days after if someone leaves a club.

One thing monitoring on might do is drive prices down if complex 4 for 1 players arent possible anymore.

• Advertisement

Do you think there was anything wrong with the deal?

Didnt say there was but ...not sure which friends deal you are referring to :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement