Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Didnt say there was but ...not sure which friends deal you are referring to :p

You've lost me now :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

So in conclusion, I broke no rules, GTI and Pepper actually did break rules. Just so we're all clear like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

JfvYIYz.gif

JfvYIYz.gif

Well pepper cared enough to kick up faux outrage and accuse me of breaking rules just because his attempts at baiting me backfired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Jesus.

Theres no baiting going on...(edited : no baiting by me)

You moaned about cian and tupac deal, yet when you admit doing a deal to help a friend no one can comment?

Its double standards is all.

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Jesus.

Theres no baiting going on...

You moaned about cian and tupac deal, yet when you admit doing a deal to help a friend no one can comment?

Its double standards is all.

There is baiting, first he tried to say I "ruined" Benfica despite the reality being the opposite.

Then that failed so he switched his attention to my signings, and that failed so he invented a rule and claimed I broke it.

You're so desperate to gloss over the fact that you flat out broke the rules to such an extent that if it was reported not only would the transfers be reversed but you'd probably be banned that you're trying to make a fake moral equivalence between your outright breaking of the rules and my deal which benefited both sides, broke no rules, improved my first team and meant he could sign the player he wanted...

Seriously, give it up, you're digging your own hole here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Seaneh wrote: »
    There is baiting, first he tried to say I "ruined" Benfica despite the reality being the opposite.

Then that failed so he switched his attention to my signings, and that failed so he invented a rule and claimed I broke it.

Well considering his *baiting* started a 3 page argument I think it worked..

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Well considering his *baiting* started a 3 page argument I think it worked..

When two people who actually broke rules accuse me of cheating, I'm going to call them on it, kthx.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I really don't see what the fuss is all about - someone needed money so he bought one of their players, a player he actually wanted, hardly a crisis and not really worth the arguement tbh

I really don't see what the fuss is all about - someone needed money so he bought one of their players, a player he actually wanted, hardly a crisis and not really worth the arguement tbh

And, after all the nonsense, I'd actually confused which transfer it was where he sold me someone because he needed cash. It was for Gruezo not Ronaldinho.

For Ronaldinho, I was just the highest bidder, he actually accepted less cash from me than he would have for from the other bid but my bid was worth more over all.

For Gruezo I paid max bid. But, again, I wanted the player, he needed money, we made a deal, win win.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

MOD NOTE :

Okay lads. I've said before that any accusations, sarcastic or otherwise, of users having duplicate accounts were going to result in warnings and/or infractions, and that has been the case in this instance. We do NOT want a repeat of the 20 page argument that occurred in the manager waiting list thread due to these same type of accusations. If someone has genuine concerns that another manager has a duplicate account, PM either Mac or myself. Do NOT, under any circumstances bring it up on thread.

Also, in this instance, debating the merits of whether monitoring should be turned off is find. By all means, even start up a new poll if you wish. But keep it civil and keep personal insults and/or snide remarks out of it.

Marcel Jansen is on the Transfer List - would be willing to do a straight swap for an 89 DR or DRC

http://www.soccermanager.com/player.php?pid=4603

Seaneh wrote: »

You're so desperate to gloss over the fact that you flat out broke the rules to such an extent that if it was reported not only would the transfers be reversed but you'd probably be banned that you're trying to make a fake moral equivalence between your outright breaking of the rules and my deal which benefited both sides, broke no rules, improved my first team and meant he could sign the player he wanted...

Seriously, give it up, you're digging your own hole here.

Report me.

Ive enough of this tictac stuff

Not once did i compare your deal with mine...

Im just stating that you made a big song and. dance about cian and tupac being friends and doing deals they were both happy with ...is it that different?

Not once did i reference the salah deal which got reversed... Genoa manager actually rejoined and was still happy with the initial deal but that aside

Like i sad im done with this conversation.if you feel the need to report me use one of the gameworlds where monitoring is on.

If that means me getting booted .... So be it.

Edit: hadnt seen the mod note

When I said you broke the rules I'm not talking about the Salah deal, in talking about doing cross world deals.

and yeah, please drop this like a hot ****e. I was bored of it 3 pages ago.

Ok ... I do feel I need to reply to the last comment ...

in relation to cross GW transfers ...

This happened in Season 2 (I think), I wasnt aware that this wasnt allowed on SM , if I had spent a little time considering what it involved then yes it would appear obvious ... The boards league was my first venture into the Soccermanager world.

Categorically I can confirm I've taken part in no such deal since ... I enjoy playing the game too much to risk my account.

I think I apologised at the time (at least I think I did)

AND I suggested people report me or the deals at the time if the felt strongly about it ... the same still stands, if it means getting booted from the game then so be it, wouldn't like to loose account but if its felt that that needs to happen...

I do think that I might have mis-communicated what I was trying to say in this case, I didnt imply that you had duplicate account, nor did I imply your deals were against any rules ... what Im saying is ...

you were very vocal against deals between Cian Baker and Tupac Healy ( who had been investigated for dupe accounts and cleared), it was known they were friends. I just fail to see the difference between their deals and deals you have done with a friend where the friend needed cash ... I dont think either (set of)deal(s) is illegal, im merely saying how can you be so vocal agaisnt one set of friends doing deals when obv there are others doing deals with friends/bothers too? in all those cases 'both parties were happy with the deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

As it would seem the only manager in this league who hasn't cheated i feel the following needs to happen...

1)GT can give me Tiago and ill give him some crappy player in another game world to make things even..

2)Tupac can slap Cian in the face in real life for not selling me Carvalho..

3)Seaneh can sell me Carvalho at face value because we are friends...

4)Pepper can sell me his best player for Peanuts and then quit the league once again..

Once these 4 things happen we can all get back to playing the game...

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    As it would seem the only manager in this league who hasn't cheated i feel the following needs to happen...

1)GT can give me Tiago and ill give him some crappy player in another game world to make things even..

4)Pepper can sell me his best player for Peanuts and then quit the league once again..

And you can sell me Duelofeu at face value for telling lies :P

Maldjd23 wrote: »

Considering the lad on my books is called Thiago .... deal, I'll sell you the ficticious tiago for a few of your players :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

MOD NOTE 2 : RE : Cross game world transfers

When this issue came up earlier (either last season or the previous season), the managers involved admitted it was an honest mistake of not knowing that it was specified within the terms of SM. These managers have apologised, and had their apologies widely accepted. As far as I'm concerned, the matter of these cross gameworld deals is now closed and off limits. Any user who brings them up is at immediate risk of a warning and/or an infraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

MOD SNIP : Slightly inappropriate considering where we've just come from

Now

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFtG0VqiXvTxBhgRAfaz6sTTLUQXj5Cf_iXIgqISmkV0zIJ4PV_oQhJg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

pepper180 wrote: »
    MOD SNIP : Removed quoted picture.

I'm the fish to the right, stir that pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

JamboMac wrote: »
    I'm the fish to the right, stir that pot.

The fish look so happy :)

pepper180 wrote: »
    The fish look so happy :)

I think there like one of those barbershop courtet or boyz 2 men harmonising I. A 90's music video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Hey guys, some of you may remember me a lot of you probably won't :o

I'm the manager of Malaga all the way down in Division 4. Took them over a few months ago after leaving AJ Auxerre. I kinda then disappeared until now and pretty much missed the remainder of the season (And potentially the following one since I see a new season started!?). I also have a buttload of PMs regarding transfer bids! I am so sorry but I wasn't intentionally ignoring you!

I just finished my final year of college, then between finishing my final year project, studying, assignments, exams, getting my results, work, and just returning from holidays about two hours ago, I haven't really had time to even consider soccermanager! I had intended to return sooner but just never got around to it.

Soo.. apologies! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Danger781 wrote: »

I'm the manager of Malaga all the way down in Division 4. Took them over a few months ago after leaving AJ Auxerre. I kinda then disappeared until now and pretty much missed the remainder of the season (And potentially the following one since I see a new season started!?). I also have a buttload of PMs regarding transfer bids! I am so sorry but I wasn't intentionally ignoring you!

I just finished my final year of college, then between finishing my final year project, studying, assignments, exams, getting my results, work, and just returning from holidays about two hours ago, I haven't really had time to even consider soccermanager! I had intended to return sooner but just never got around to it.

No problem.
    Just raffle off Isco and all will be forgiven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Welcome back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Transfer Message
    Costa ALEX has completed his move to Ajax from Sunderland for 17,000,000

Pretty happy with this one, regardless of age he improves my squad and will slot straight in :D

Willing to sell Abdennour or Moisander (along with any listed players) for the right offer

Hoping for my first win tonight hopefully mandanda can gain some form or koval might end up between the sticks.

Good to have you back Danger, sorry for beating you the other day :P

• Advertisement

JamboMac wrote: »
    Hoping for my first win tonight hopefully mandanda can gain some form or koval might end up between the sticks.

If he's not doing the business for you I'd be willing to do a swap for Akinfeev.

Same rating, year younger.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement