Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Seaneh wrote: »
    I said 2 or 3 89 rated players.

And I never said I'd accept the first bid that was made.

You bid a 32 year old defender and a 36 year old gk, both of who are due a drop and neither of which will be first team players at Milan next season, for a 28 year old 91 rated gk. Your offer was horrible.

so when you said two 89 rated players you meant one 89 rated player and a 91 rated player. gotcha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

TAKE IT EASY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Emanuelson (88) available for cash, covers a decent amount of positions

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

TheGunns wrote: »
    Emanuelson (88) available for cash, covers a decent amount of positions

I could be tempted by this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Thinking of moving vargas and ben davies for santon.....Any better offers out there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Thinking of moving vargas and ben davies for santon.....Any better offers out there?

I'd be intrested in both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I'd be intrested in both.

I'm looking for fullback cover anyway but let me know what your'e thinkin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Hig or Aguero still for sale at the right price

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Hig or Aguero still for sale at the right price

;)

I'm looking for fullback cover anyway but let me know what your'e thinkin.

made a straight swap offer for Vargas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

In my very short time here I've already managed 3 teams, the first 2 were halfway through a season, but it's nice to see one top of Division 4 and the other 2nd in Division 3 :)

Now put that down to very astute transfers by me........or I was the one bringing the clubs down after all :P

In fairness I bulked up Espanyol's team a lot, albeit with some old 88s, but from what I can see those exact players are the ones scoring the goals!

Regarding Palmeiras, signed Podolski but that's about it. Couldn't see them improving in the long term.

Happy enough with my Udinese squad so far. Can't see myself moving again anyway for the foreseeable future

Colemania wrote: »
    In my very short time here I've already managed 3 teams, the first 2 were halfway through a season, but it's nice to see one top of Division 4 and the other 2nd in Division 3 :)

Now put that down to very astute transfers by me........or I was the one bringing the clubs down after all :P

In fairness I bulked up Espanyol's team a lot, albeit with some old 88s, but from what I can see those exact players are the ones scoring the goals!

Regarding Palmeiras, signed Podolski but that's about it. Couldn't see them improving in the long term.

Happy enough with my Udinese squad so far. Can't see myself moving again anyway for the foreseeable future

Me either, you've another 15 weeks or so atleast with the one change per season rule :p

Just realised I'm not far off of breaking into the top 30 manager rankings in this game world.

Not bad for a lad who came in late :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Thinking of moving vargas and ben davies for santon.....Any better 'offers' out there?

Offers??

Maybe there has been a misunderstanding but we were negotiating..... No offer was on the table? So hocking around an 'offer' that was discussed in private no less for a better one is jumping the gun!

Peoples opinions on Balotelli?

Best player ever made...

not biased at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

In SM or Real Life?

In SM - he is amazing!! A very good player with no chance in dropping rating and quite consistent.

In Real Life - He has a lot to learn to be a super star like Del Piero! :cool:

I'd be interested :)

But seriously...

In my opinion i think he's a very good player with bags of potential. You'll get the usual comments saying "he's a big child" or "he's too unpredictable" but I think people just say that because RTE/Daily Fail used to constantly sprout it when he was at City.

He's grown up an awful lot while he's been at Milan and you never hear about him pulling any stunts like he did at City. For me he's being held back by a weak Milan team.

Now how good is he in our GM? AMAZING!!
    He's one of the most consistent players in the GW and will no doubt help any team that has him in the squad.

Also being able to post this pic after he scores is pretty cool :D

mario-balotelli-flex.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

The press descended on San Mames Stadium for a press conference called by the Athletic Club manager Hercule Poirot. Looking dishevelled he made the following announcement:

"It is with a heavy heart that I announce that Fernando Navarro is moving to Benfica - but on the bright side I will be getting Oriol Romeu and 6m. Some may say that I'm a dreamer, but they can shut up because I am awesome. My apologies to Jose Seaninho for the protracted negotiations but I've been on a bit of a bender since Friday celebrating a glorious defeat for the French military in County Mayo. I think I attended a house party at some stage or another, but I got myself checked this morning and I'm pleased to report that there are no STI's in my system. Thank you and God bless Seaninho!"

M. Poirot then collapsed and starting snoring before a member of security put a blanket over him and ushered us quietly from the room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Not really sure he could be good but he has the arrogance of a great goal scorer without anything to back it up.

He'll never be del piero.

JamboMac wrote: »
    Not really sure he could be good but he has the arrogance of a great goal scorer without anything to back it up.

He'll never be del piero.

Besides the pace, height, strength, ball control, ability to score from anywhere in the pitch, free kick taking ability, penalty taking ability, champions league winners medal at 18, being rated by managers like Mourinho and Mancini since he was a teenager and still only 23 years old.

Yeah, nothing to back it up at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Besides the pace, height, strength, ball control, ability to score from anywhere in the pitch, free kick taking ability, penalty taking ability, champions league winners medal at 18, being rated by managers like Mourinho and Mancini since he was a teenager and still only 23 years old.

Yeah, nothing to back it up at all.

Glad we agree.

Started a thread about SMFA monitoring for next season with a poll here get your votes and your views heard lads, poll closes in 4 weeks time.

Started a thread about SMFA monitoring for next season with a poll here get your votes and your views heard lads, poll closes in 4 weeks time.

Cool!

And the out come of this.. Will I be the official decider if we turn it on or off?

pepper180 wrote: »
    Cool!

And the out come of this.. Will I be the official decider if we turn it on or off?

Yeah, mac runs the world by general consensus so if the world votes to turn it on or leave it off he usually goes by that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Poll is up.. MAKE SURE you read post #1 as i WILL ban people who break the rules outlined in post 1 and saying "you didnt know" wont be accepted as an excuse

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    He's grown up an awful lot while he's been at Milan and you never hear about him pulling any stunts like he did at City. For me he's being held back by a weak Milan team.

Is that because he's actually matured, or is it simply because he's no longer under the scrutiny of the vultures that are the English media? I'm not saying he hasn't matured but obviously it's could easily be the case where he's just as "bad" as ever but the English media just have no interest in him any more as he's not playing in "the greatest league in the world".

Personally though, I think he's a fantastic player for all the reasons that Seaneh mentioned. Anyone who can be that physically strong, yet be so quick and technically gifted is always a great player in my eyes.

"It is with a heavy heart that I announce that Fernando Navarro is moving to Benfica - but on the bright side I will be getting Oriol Romeu and 6m. Some may say that I'm a dreamer, but they can shut up because I am awesome.

I honestly thought you were going to treat us to a rendition of John Lennon's "Imagine" at that point! :D:D

The media in Italy are just as c*ntish as the media in the UK in fairness, they are constantly writing about his personal life trying to make him out to be some badboy with a problem but on the pitch he's been very mature, 2 bookings since december this season but still they write about him being a problem, it's a joke at this stage. He gets scapegoated for Italy being crap in the world cup despite being one of their two goal scorers.

• Advertisement

"It is with a heavy heart that I announce that Fernando Navarro is moving to Benfica"

Eh.. No he isn't going to Benfica??!

Jose Seaninho moved to a new challenege at Sporting!

Mattiniho Pepperoni manages Benfica!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement