Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

pepper180 wrote: »
    Eh.. No he isn't going to Benfica??!

Jose Seaninho moved to a new challenege at Sporting!

Mattiniho Pepperoni manages Benfica!

Hercule is drunk, again, wrong Lisbon club.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Balotelli is what makes football interesting - could you imagine a world where all footballers have the charisma and antics of James "I like red sauce on my chips" Milner.

The game needs characters like Balotelli - the media are very quiet on his more awesome antics, like when he went around the streets of Manchester high-fiving City fans after they hammered United or when he walked into a petrol station to top up and told everyone to fill up their cars, that it was on him.

We should be thankful of players like Balotelli

Seaneh wrote: »
    Hercule is drunk, again, wrong Lisbon club.

Indubitably I am Sir!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Bthe media are very quiet on his more awesome antics, like when he went around the streets of Manchester high-fiving City fans after they hammered United or when he walked into a petrol station to top up and told everyone to fill up their cars, that it was on him.

Except he confirmed none of those things ever happened in an interview with Noel Gallagher :D

Except he confirmed none of those things ever happened in an interview with Noel Gallagher :D

And nobody ever mentions how modest he is, to the extent that he denies things that make him look awesome!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

And nobody ever mentions how modest he is, to the extent that he denies things that make him look awesome!!

I hear he also offered to bail Ireland out single handily as well :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Peoples opinions on Balotelli?

Very over-rated player. On boards. For some reason.

Not a bad player like, but no great shakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Was I mad to turn down 7m and Kaka for Holtby?

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Was I mad to turn down 7m and Kaka for Holtby?

I would say yup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

bazarakus wrote: »
    I would say yup.

After buying Defoe who dropped once he moved to the states i was afraid Kaka would do the same.

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »
    After buying Defoe who dropped once he moved to the states i was afraid Kaka would do the same.

I wouldn't touch Kaka with a yard stick right now. He will get the instant -1/2 just for leaving Europe like Defoe did. I still rate him in real life but in this game right now he's only going in one direction.

We should be thankful of players like Balotelli

Yes we should.

tumblr_n10aexeKYz1rii8nro1_500.gif

It has come to my attention that I have 91 players - with this in mind DECENT offers will be considered on all of my youth team players EXCEPT Sergi Samper - please note the words in bold.

If you make a measely offer expect a "stupid" counter-offer in return - don't come whinging on here if that happens.

If anyone tries to tempt Samper away from me you can expect a visit from my friends Boris and Mr. Snugglepants - one of them will bring you a world of pain, the other a world of love.

That is all.

If anyone tries to tempt Samper away from me you can expect a visit from my friends Boris and Mr. Snugglepants - one of them will bring you a world of pain, the other a world of love.

Boris is such a gentle lover.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

It has come to my attention that I have 91 players - with this in mind DECENT offers will be considered on all of my youth team players EXCEPT Sergi Samper - please note the words in bold.

If you make a measely offer expect a "stupid" counter-offer in return - don't come whinging on here if that happens.

That is all.

There are no words in bold! :P :D

Wilberto wrote: »
    There are no words in bold! :P :D

He's drunk, again...

:o

Then onto the open market he goes. He won't sell too quick, you have time to raise funds.

So I go ahead and raise those funds. I sell three or four players, scrape the cash together. Bid for the player, cash.

"Sporting CP have made a counter offer to AC Milan to exchange Mattia DE SCIGLIO for Thomas KRAFT"

I don't get you, man. Why do you keep saying one ting, then doing the complete opposite when a bid comes in?

I didn't think your cash offer was good enough, I countered it with a deal I'd be happy with.
    Why do you feel the need to complain every time you have a bid rejected?

I didn't think your cash offer was good enough, I countered it with a deal I'd be happy with.
    Why do you feel the need to complain every time you have a bid rejected?

I don't complain when bids are rejected, that's part of the game. You didn't reject it, you bid back. What I'm complaining about is you once again moving the goal posts. I told you I needed the cash to bid, you said "Ok raise your cash, onto the open market he goes". SO I sold some players, get the cash, you completely go against what you said about cash and bid back for my best young player (knowing well I'd be mad to accept). What's the point? Why not just be honest and say "I'm not gonna sell him for any cash you could offer EVER so don't waste your time mate". You just waste my time.

I am not moving the goal posts. I said he was for sale, I didn't say I was a charity, same as the last bid you made that was obviously not going to be accepted. I'd sell him for cash, just not that little cash.

If you want a bid accepted, make a good bid for once.

By countering your initial offer, I'd class that as a rejection.

• Advertisement

I am not moving the goal posts. I said he was for sale, I didn't say I was a charity, same as the last bid you made that was obviously not going to be accepted. I'd sell him for cash, just not that little cash.

If you want a bid accepted, make a good bid for once.

By countering your initial offer, I'd class that as a rejection.

You're totally moving the goal posts. You told me to go ahead and raise cash. If you didn't fancy my bid you should have bid back an acceptable cash amount instead of taking the mick with a counter for my best young player you knew full well I'd refuse. I'm not wasting any more oxygen on you. Lesson learned.

Good stuff, I won't have to make over the top counter offers to your terrible bids just to make a point any more.

Want to have bids accepted, make bids worth accepting, simples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

88 GK VIVIANO for sale!
    He's up for 9M cash but will also take a decent 87 youth.

Would be handy for anyone needing a backup keeper.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    88 GK VIVIANO for sale!
    He's up for 9M cash but will also take a decent 87 youth.

Would be handy for anyone needing a backup keeper.

Would be a good signing for a lot of clubs at a first team players.

Villa are still playing an 87 rated pensioner in goal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,271 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Nice to feel wanted,

But I hate getting international job offer messages! Every day in some GW's,

Can you turn it off?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Subasic (87) GK is up for sale handy back up looking for about 6,000,000 or a young 86.

Throw me an offer as I don't need 2 backup's.

Worth noting that 87 is the highest you can have as a 'keeper without them developing concerns so would be the perfect backup for anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Do you even need one? I've never seen a keeper injured or unfit, hence me getting rid of Baumann

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Do you even need one? I've never seen a keeper injured or unfit, hence me getting rid of Baumann

Probably not, but the what if factor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

JamboMac wrote: »
    Probably not, but the what if factor.

Ah I've a few 81/82s to keep me ticking over :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement