Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Do you even need one? I've never seen a keeper injured or unfit, hence me getting rid of Baumann

That's been discussed on the SM forums.....

Keepers very rarely get injured or are unfit (if at all).... So good idea to get a high earner off the wage bill!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

That's been discussed on the SM forums.....

Keepers very rarely get injured or are unfit (if at all).... So good idea to get a high earner off the wage bill!

His concern was moving up and he wanted, as far as I remember, 1.1m and 60k a week to get him back to normal. F that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Seaneh wrote: »
    Would be a good signing for a lot of clubs at a first team players.

Villa are still playing an 87 rated pensioner in goal!

thanks for reminding me. Hardly a pensioner tho

Don't forget to change around teams for cup games tonight!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

eh i dunno wrote: »
    thanks for reminding me. Hardly a pensioner tho

For some reason I thought you had Friedel not Guzan, sorry about that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Just logged in on the mobile app, have 3 more managers left???

Just logged in on the mobile app, have 3 more managers left???

looks like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

15 unmanaged clubs.
    Probably the lowest it's ever been I presume?

1-0 win over Hannover in the cup. Proud of my young lads, good result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Matthew Scorr steered US Palermo to victory against Málaga CF.
    US Palermo outclassed Málaga CF and beat them 2 - 0 in their The Boards.ie League Cup Round 1 fixture.
    Kehl scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Joaquín was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Very good result since I played all my youths against a full strength Malaga squad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Al Capwned wrote: »
    15 unmanaged clubs.

Yup the lowest in my memory any ways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Vermeer and Emmanuelson (both 88) available to good homes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

2-1 win at Leverkusen for Young Belgium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

2-1 win at Leverkusen for Young Belgium.

Finally a win with only 2 or 3 starters. Hopefully the first team cop on and sort themselves out for Thursday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Won 5-3 on penos against Lazio!

Well done kids!! #BenficaBeauty

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy was unable to prevent a Schalke defeat to Estudiantes.
    Schalke slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat to Estudiantes in their The Boards.ie League Cup Round 1 fixture.
    Gilberto was on the scoresheet for his side.

A bitter sweet moment that!! :D:D

I did play my reserves though, of course!

Wilberto wrote: »
    A bitter sweet moment that!! :D:D

I did play my reserves though, of course!

Fix!!!!

pepper180 wrote: »
    Won 5-3 on penos against Lazio!

Well done kids!! #BenficaBeauty

Against Lazio kids!!!

Till next time mate!!!!!!

Just offered 2m, Kaka, Nathan Redmond for Holtby? Can't decide!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Take it fella! Nice deal!

The offer for Free Agent Sancidino SILVA from Aston Villa has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Celtic are looking him so worth the punt I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

Al Capwned wrote: »
    15 unmanaged clubs.

I honestly believe that having buying from unmanaged clubs off has been a factor in this. I know many of you will disagree but let's be honest, the fun in playing a manager simulation, be it this, football manager or whatever, is buying and selling players. It is extremely difficult to buy players. I know all the arguments that it's not if you put in the time, and I don't mind doing that, but some lads don't want to/have the time to dig around for bargains... If the transfer market opened up a bit, there wouldn't be such an exodus. Just my two cents. I presume once the GW is up and running there is no way to restructure, as in turn it into a 3 division GW and scrap any unmanaged at the end of the season? Just a thought. Maybe Mac can clear that one up.

I'd be asking for someone besides kaka...

I honestly believe that having buying from unmanaged clubs off has been a factor in this. I know many of you will disagree but let's be honest, the fun in playing a manager simulation, be it this, football manager or whatever, is buying and selling players. It is extremely difficult to buy players. I know all the arguments that it's not if you put in the time, and I don't mind doing that, but some lads don't want to/have the time to dig around for bargains... If the transfer market opened up a bit, there wouldn't be such an exodus. Just my two cents. I presume once the GW is up and running there is no way to restructure, as in turn it into a 3 division GW and scrap any unmanaged at the end of the season? Just a thought. Maybe Mac can clear that one up.

You won't get far talking sence around here mate!!!

I said exactly that before, for the smaller clubs (managed) it totally kills another avenue for getting players in the door...

I belive you are correct in assuming this has contributed to managers leaving and as I've said before also......we need to cater to the managers we HAVE and not worry about filling EVERY SINGLE club in the GW...

Again it's a highly volitile subject which will undoubtedly court controversy when discussed but there are merits to buying from unmanaged, that much is undeniable

But if you buy from unmanaged no one will ever take them clubs over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

I honestly believe that having buying from unmanaged clubs off has been a factor in this. I know many of you will disagree but let's be honest, the fun in playing a manager simulation, be it this, football manager or whatever, is buying and selling players. It is extremely difficult to buy players.

Here here.

I know the lads want to protect the clubs for new managers coming in, that's all very well, but it's contra productive when in my opinion is a major factor in managers leaving.

Others won't agree with this, but I do feel it takes the excitement out of the gameworld and the transfermarket not been able to buy from unmanaged clubs.

I don't expect anything to change, the rules will stay the same, managers numbers will stay falling, and unmanaged clubs will stay protected for the new managers coming in.......

The problem is when you get down to 20 super teams and 60 crap teams and a ruined gameworld because each team is stripped to the bone and every last even slightly talented player is snapped up

I wouldn't mind but I've millions upon millions to spend and I'm sure I'd pick up some great players if this rule was changed but id rather lads coming in for a fair chance and they weren't stuck with 25 86 rated players

Eddy Mac steered Borussia Dortmund to victory against FC Twente.
    Borussia Dortmund beat FC Twente 2 - 0 in their The Boards.ie League Cup Round 1 fixture.
    Schieber had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Thauvin and Leitner were amongst the goalscorers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,271 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

You won't get far talking sence around here mate!!!

I said exactly that before, for the smaller clubs (managed) it totally kills another avenue for getting players in the door...

I belive you are correct in assuming this has contributed to managers leaving and as I've said before also......we need to cater to the managers we HAVE and not worry about filling EVERY SINGLE club in the GW...

Again it's a highly volitile subject which will undoubtedly court controversy when discussed but there are merits to buying from unmanaged, that much is undeniable

The Dysons of the Gameworld would have them hoovered up before the little lads with their Henry vacuums would realise their flex won't stretch that far.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement