Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Scored in the 80&81st minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    The problem is when you get down to 20 super teams and 60 crap teams and a ruined gameworld because each team is stripped to the bone and every last even slightly talented player is snapped up

I wouldn't mind but I've millions upon millions to spend and I'm sure I'd pick up some great players if this rule was changed but id rather lads coming in for a fair chance and they weren't stuck with 25 86 rated players

We're not far off that right now to be honest. I said at the start of season 2 that we were already in a spiral that was only going to get worse. I'd say we probably have this season left, just about, and then serious consideration will have to be given to rebooting and re-energizing the league if it's to carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

The Dysons of the Gameworld would have them hoovered up before the little lads with their Henry vacuums would realise their flex won't stretch that far.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

eh i dunno wrote: »
    But if you buy from unmanaged no one will ever take them clubs over?

Yes they will if they have a big bank balance to build there own team. They do this by getting players from the next unmanaged team that comes available, which leaves that club with a big balance to do the same and the circle continues.

I took over Kyiv. They had no good players, but they had a big bank balance that attracted me to the squad.

I built a team around buying from unmanaged clubs, got promoted from division 2, and made a good challenge at the league title in division 1.

Without buying from unmanaged clubs, this would not have been possible. I would never have signed any good players, because I didn't have any good players to px. I bought them all with cash.

Now new managers coming in can't do this, they can't compete for the best players and will find it impossible to sign any decent players. I wouldn't stick around starting over again the way the rules are now. There is no excitement of capturing a top signature with a small club, because now that is been made almost impossible.

tonic wine wrote: »
    Yes they will if they have a big bank balance to build there own team. They do this by getting players from the next unmanaged team that comes available, which leaves that club with a big balance to do the same and the circle continues.

I took over Kyiv. They had no good players, but they had a big bank balance that attracted me to the squad.

I built a team around buying from unmanaged clubs, got promoted from division 2, and made a good challenge at the league title in division 1.

Without buying from unmanaged clubs, this would not have been possible. I would never have signed any good players, because I didn't have any good players to px. I bought them all with cash.

Now new managers coming in can't do this, they can't compete for the best players and will find it impossible to sign any decent players. I wouldn't stick around starting over again the way the rules are now. There is no excitement of capturing a top signature with a small club, because now that is been made almost impossible.

The problem being that the 15 or so unmanaged teams will be stripped off all assets until they only have 21 players all over 30 rated 85 or less and when a new manager with a big balance takes over he won't have any assets and no one will sell too him

• Advertisement

Sure fire up another poll I suppose? Would like a mod to do it and for them to make it a allow buying from unmanaged or no, do not allow, instead of 5 or 6 different options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Iago wrote: »
    We're not far off that right now to be honest. I said at the start of season 2 that we were already in a spiral that was only going to get worse. I'd say we probably have this season left, just about, and then serious consideration will have to be given to rebooting and re-energizing the league if it's to carry on.

If you put in the effort and really sniff out good deals you can easily build a strong team.
    Now of course there are teams that don't really have much to offer but those are the teams that can grab all the best youth players.

(Not bragging here) When I took over Palermo they had no cash and only a few decent players.. But where they lacked starting 11 players, they made up for it with fantastic youth players.
    I traded most of my youth players for players I thought would rise soon.. and when they did rise I traded them for even better players.. and so on and so on.
    I now (imo) have some of the most lethal attacking players in the gameworld.

Btw.. I was totally bragging back there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Sure fire up another poll I suppose? Would like a mod to do it and for them to make it a allow buying from unmanaged or no, do not allow, instead of 5 or 6 different options

and do what with the result ... the signing in every X days was voted on and not yet implimented, the monitoring on/off vote will need to be implimented, ...

Edit: just remembered, doesn't matter :)

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    and do what with the result ... the signing in every X days was voted on and not yet implimented, the monitoring on/off vote will need to be implimented, ...

It'll be implemented if it needs to be changed, if not there'll be a change available for this. It was only a suggestion as there was some debate over the rule, doesn't bother me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭gerp99

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    If you put in the effort and really sniff out good deals you can easily build a strong team.
    Now of course there are teams that don't really have much to offer but those are the teams that can grab all the best youth players.

(Not bragging here) When I took over Palermo they had no cash and only a few decent players.. But where they lacked starting 11 players, they made up for it with fantastic youth players.
    I traded most of my youth players for players I thought would rise soon.. and when they did rise I traded them for even better players.. and so on and so on.
    I now (imo) have some of the most lethal attacking players in the gameworld.

Btw.. I was totally bragging back there!

Ah now the first XI weren't that bad, I think I left them in pretty good nick ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Not much point to be honest. I know the rule won't get changed.
    I was just agreeing with the point jimmy R was making.

gerp99 wrote: »
    Ah now the first XI weren't that bad, I think I left them in pretty good nick ;)

Yeah, I exaggerated a bit :D
    Thankfully you did set me up with a sweet youth team which did help clear things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭gerp99

Yeah, I exaggerated a bit :D
    Thankfully you did set me up with a sweet youth team which did help clear things up.

Ah you did a great job with them in fairness! I buy too many players which is why they were broke! I replaced the original squad bar viviano before season one! 90% were muck :D

tonic wine wrote: »
    Not much point to be honest. I know the rule won't get changed.
    I was just agreeing with the point jimmy R was making.

All rules will be changed if majority agrees, I was up the walls with lots of different things during the break in the season and forgot too change log in times, doesn't mean I'll refuse too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

BREAKING NEWS : Inter have progressed to the next round of the cup with a stunning performance tonight!

Had a Bye :P

My 2 cent on the managed / unmanaged clubs, the only way it would work if it were to be changed to being able to buy from unmanaged clubs is that a squad cap would have to be introduced, which as far as I know cant be done.

Remember tho that the computer still buys and sells and tends to bring all the crap players back making a long time unmanaged club unattractive anyway.

Siem De Jong signed for Newcastle in RL today ...

If you are the lucky owner, ... sell him now ... Pardew WILL break down any players self confidence and WILL ruin their technical ability, expect a -1 in the next 6 months ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

Ryan Gauld has signed for Lisbon!!! Not a bad move for him to develop. Delighted (for SM purposes) he's moved to a better league and may be looking at a bump over the next few months. Disappointed (in RL) as I hoped Celtic would sign this fella. Cracking prospect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Siem De Jong signed for Newcastle in RL today ...

If you are the lucky owner, ... sell him now ... Pardew WILL break down any players self confidence and WILL ruin their technical ability, expect a -1 in the next 6 months ;)
    My biggest fear is that my RL Ajax players actually leave the club in RL. I want to keep Siem but Newcastle :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Sad to see Ronaldinho drop to 89.....

I was hoping that SM would treat him like say Giggs or Lampard, i.e. he had done enough to secure a 90 status till retirement, I know the 2 lads as of last season were still playing at the highest level in one of the top leagues in the world...

But still, sad to see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Sad to see Ronaldinho drop to 89.....

I was hoping that SM would treat him like say Giggs or Lampard, i.e. he had done enough to secure a 90 status till retirement, I know the 2 lads as of last season were still playing at the highest level in one of the top leagues in the world...

But still, sad to see

The current South American Player of the Year does not deserve this treatment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Ouch, Josue with a -2. He was playing very well for me last year with Palmeiras and this year with them while unmanaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Well Fu*k SM player rating updates....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Still banking on nuytink to rise one or two.

Danijel SUBASIC has completed his move to Hamburger SV from Dynamo Kyiv in a swap deal for Bram NUYTINCK

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Was thinking of letting Marcos Rojo go.

Anyone interested in a p/e?

Seaneh wrote: »
    Was thinking of letting Marcos Rojo go.

Anyone interested in a p/e?

It'd help if I was allowed to bid :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

It'd help if I was allowed to bid :pac:

fixamacated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Lads I have Dawson (CB) & Torosidis (LB/RB) (both 89) available, I will also throw in one of MARTINS, Luís (22, 85), SYLLA, Issiaga (20, 85) or maybe MILIK, Arkadiusz (20,85) with each if I get the right player. I know some are still TB but I'll willing to discuss possible deals.

I'm looking for younger fellas capable of playing CB or RB. As long as their a decent 87 or 88 and under say 24/25 I'll be interested in checking out any offer someone might make.

Thanks, Werder Bremen.

Lads I have Dawson (CB) & Torosidis (LB/RB) (both 89) available, I will also throw in one of MARTINS, Luís (22, 85), SYLLA, Issiaga (20, 85) or maybe MILIK, Arkadiusz (20,85) with each if I get the right player. I know some are still TB but I'll willing to discuss possible deals.

I'm looking for younger fellas capable of playing CB or RB. As long as their a decent 87 or 88 and under say 24/25 I'll be interested in checking out any offer someone might make.

Thanks, Werder Bremen.

Sent you a reply to your offer ;)

• Advertisement

Friendly anyone - first request in will be accepted

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement