Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Antonia Valencia lottery applicants

1. FC Twente
    2. Sporting Lisbon
    3. Genoa CFC
    4. Benfica
    5. Sunderland

would love him but can only apply with cash and player exchange

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

That's a good point!
    I might leave it open till later so, but there is every chance that I'll be on the sauce after our game today.
    So I might not get to it till tomorrow morning.

If it's a random draw, I can do it for you at a later time.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Pepper, if you want to apply, I've nothing against it. A couple of lads decided to pull out because they got one of "The Ten", but that's their choice, and I suppose it's up to you if you want to leave your name in the hat or not.
    Like I said though, I've no problem with it.

Yeah I'll leave mine in if that is ok!

I'm going to put up a few players in return as my way of boosting the transfer market!

André ALMEIDA D(RL),DM,M(C), (87,23)
    Alberto PALOSCHI F(C), (87,24)
    Fabian LUSTENBERGER D,DM(C), (87,26)

ALL FOR FACE VALUE - For teams in Div 3&4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Well if other Div 2 teams are going in, I guess I will as well. He would certainly go into my first XI but I thought it was only aimed at Div 3/4 teams. So add me to the Valencia lottery please :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Jaysus lads, I tohught the whole point of the Valencia thing was to give d3 and 4 teams a chance to sign a big player?

What's the point if div 2 and 1 teams full of 90 rated players are entering? Sure you might as well just sell him on the open market Al.

• Advertisement

Seaneh wrote: »
    Jaysus lads, I tohught the whole point of the Valencia thing was to give d3 and 4 teams a chance to sign a big player?

What's the point if div 2 and 1 teams full of 90 rated players are entering? Sure you might as well just sell him on the open market Al.

Stop complaining Seaneh, Its only a game :p

I agree with this btw, if all other div 2/1 teams are out then I'm very happy to withdraw but if the competition is taking an opportunity to enhance their squad then I have to do the same. I'd far prefer for all div 1/2 teams to be excluded though.

Even allowing for your biased viewpoint ;)

Iago wrote: »
    I agree with this btw, if all other div 2/1 teams are out then I'm very happy to withdraw but if the competition is taking an opportunity to enhance their squad then I have to do the same. I'd far prefer for all div 1/2 teams to be excluded though.

I do agree with you that if others are entering you're as well off too, you're right there.

My obviously 100% impartial observation still stands though. :pac:

Iago wrote: »

Once it is improving my squad of course I will go for it!! I may not get it but thats the joys of the lottery!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

I agree that division 1 and 2 teams shouldn't be allowed in the draw but sure if they're in it, so be it.

Anyway the only way I could bid on him is with a player in exchange so if that's not allowed, then I'm out

• Advertisement

Colemania wrote: »
    I agree that division 1 and 2 teams shouldn't be allowed in the draw but sure if they're in it, so be it.

Anyway the only way I could bid on him is with a player in exchange so if that's not allowed, then I'm out

Think Al said that he'd accept p/e's to face value because he could just sell the players on in a few weeks anyway, so you're grand to throw your name in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Sure I'll throw my name in so

1. FC Twente
    2. Sporting Lisbon
    3. Genoa CFC
    4. Benfica
    5. Sunderland
    6. Udinese

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd imagine there are plenty of Div 1 and 2 teams who would be boosted by a 90 rated Man United player who can cover the right flank....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,271 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Regarding Valencia Al did say it is open to any team where he will be a guaranteed starter, but preferably Div 3 and 4 teams as he did not want to strengthen his own division.

What I read from this is that anyone who is going to start him can apply, but the Div 3 and 4 balls will be heated for the draw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Or....

Everyone could leave Al decide HOW he wants to sell HIS player.....

:rolleyes:

Or....

Everyone could leave Al decide HOW he wants to sell HIS player.....

He already HAS decided.

And THOSE who can't read and MISS out on the chance have THEMSELVES to blame.

However AL can change HIS mind on it if HE wants I suppose, but WE know that already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Loud NOISES!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Greetings from sunny lanzarote, hope yer all playing nice! Missed 10+ pages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

Colemania wrote: »
    Sure I'll throw my name in so

1. FC Twente
    2. Sporting Lisbon
    3. Genoa CFC
    4. Benfica
    5. Sunderland
    6. Udinese
    7. Cruzeiro

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Best right winger is rated 87 so better throw the name into the hat.
    (Although I do have a 88 amc guy able to play there but he always plays rubbish there :pac: )

8.Flamengo

9. Newcastle United

Just to make it easier for Al

1. FC Twente
    2. Sporting Lisbon
    3. Genoa CFC
    4. Benfica
    5. Sunderland
    6. Udinese
    7. Cruzeiro
    8. Flamengo
    9. Newcastle United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Hi lads, to be fair the only stipulation I specified was that he must be improving a team - so put simply if he's replacing a 90-rated right sided player well then you can apply away. I did say I would prefer to see him going to a d3 or d4 team, but that is mostly for selfish reasons, so bang away if ye're interested, regardless of what division ye're in! :)
    The idea is to improve a team, and give the transfer market a boost, so perhaps the winner could let one go then too to a weaker team perhaps - but that is entirely up to yourselves! :)

@PBJ - cheers pal - i'd appreciate it if you could do the draw - maybe leave it till 9pm tonight, surely everyone that wants in will be in by then - I plan on staring into the bottom of a few pints of Heineken. Not every poxy day that we concede 6 at home. :mad:

Shower, shave, and I might even hit the Barracks in Carlow tonight! Football sucks.

@PBJ - cheers pal - i'd appreciate it if you could do the draw - maybe leave it till 9pm tonight, surely everyone that wants in will be in by then - I plan on staring into the bottom of a few pints of Heineken. Not every poxy day that we concede 6 at home. :mad:

I'll do it no problem. So I'm to include Div 1/2 teams aswell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Well he said if it improves the team, so any team in any division that meets the criteria I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Yeah, go for it. I was checking each teams last lineup, and if they had a player 90 or below anywhere down there right side, they're eligible.
    I don't think anyone will take the piss. :)

Now, i've set me tactics and I'm off on the beer.

a-cold-refreshing-pint-of-heineken-lager-semmick-photo.jpg

Yeah, go for it. I was checking each teams last lineup, and if they had a player 90 or below anywhere down there right side, they're eligible.
    I don't think anyone will take the piss. :)

Now, i've set me tactics and I'm off on the beer.

Enjoy your night! :)

Spent 25 minutes taking my laptop apart, cleaning out the fan and heat sink and putting it back together and not only does it still work, but it no longer sounds like a hoover.

tumblr_lwwa65uh8x1r917t5o1_400.jpg

• Advertisement

Spent 25 minutes taking my laptop apart, cleaning out the fan and heat sink and putting it back together and not only does it still work, but it no longer sounds like a hoover.

tumblr_lwwa65uh8x1r917t5o1_400.jpg

Pull the other one,

You have no fans :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement