Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,271 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    unless you were execting me to do a draw including all clubs in D3 and D4 without any of them putting in an offer or declaring interest... I though it was kinda clear that this was like any other player draw thingie

I was not in for him because of the Valencia thing, i needed to keep monies in case I won him,

I think it might be the same for others? just guessing,

You might get others interested now that the Valencia draw has been completed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Oh, just a quick update too lads...

Going to keep Santon as I'm a bit short at the back, but I will consider offers on Nainggolan, fire away!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Seaneh wrote: »
    SNIP

Stop trying to stir crap..
    Also enough with the stupid counter offers for Nainggolan!! Its clogging up my feed.

Your God has spoken!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Ok, been away for a while!!

What's the story with player lotteries!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Ok, been away for a while!!

What's the story with player lotteries!!

Every now and then people have players they decide they don't need anymore but might improve lots of other teams and want to give a lot of clubs a chance to sign a good player at face value. Everyone interested goes into a draw, numbers assigned in the order your enter, random number wins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭jukebox2310

Despite being top of Division 3 at the moment, I am concerned about the lack of depth to the FC Twente squad. As a result I am looking to improve it so will listen to offers for any player on P/E basis.
    Not going to give away good players so if you want them it will have to be a decent deal for me - possibly a 2 for 1 basis.
    As I said all players are up for grabs and I have some decent young players so bid away and hopefully at the end of it all your club and FC Twente will be better at the end of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

When Newcastle appointed a young upstart who had made his name with Anzhi Makekaleakceaca (who are they?) there was a healthy dose of scepticism from their long suffering fans. Sure he had presided over a double winning team, breaking records all around him, but could he do it on a cold July night in Newcastle?

That scepticism turned to horror as his first action was to tear apart the team letting the likes of Neymar, Thiago, Willian, Barzagli & Matic walk out the door. It's one thing to swap your keeper out just in time for a penalty shoot-out, it's another to completely rip up the blueprint for a team and start again "how in the name of god are we going to get promoted if we sell off all our best players" came the cry. Supporters were keen to make their feelings known & despite going unbeaten in 5 pre-season friendlies, they weren't convinced.

When the team lost their first league game the knives were out, and with a disappointing 0-0 draw in his first home league game to follow there were widespread calls for his head, even at that early stage.

However, 5 wins on the bounce has seen Newcastle soar to the top of the league, and after only 7 competitive games in charge there are already multiple records being broken. The season may or may not end in failure, but one things for sure, in weather that's only fit for brass monkeys, the boy has got balls to match.
    Newcastle United beat Ajax 1 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Aubameyang scored the winner for Newcastle United and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Newcastle United have now won 5 games in a row after beating Ajax setting a new club record
    After their result against Ajax, Newcastle United are now unbeaten in 6 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

The draw is made, and the winner is...
    GENOA CFC!!!
    Woop di dooo!
    Delighted with that, second player i have won in such circumstances.
    I feel as lucky as some of you hate me right now.

Thanks PBJ, legend for doing that.
    And if ya can stick in a bid there, I'll accept it ctrl.... :) Congrats.

Beaten 2-1 by Fiorentina last night.

I had THIRTY NINE shots!!!!
    22 on target. 22.

Their keeper concedes 1 from 22, and has a rating of SIX!
    It's broken lads, I'm telling you.

Down to second behind Newcastle, who are flying! :)

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Thanks PBJ, legend for doing that.
    And if ya can stick in a bid there, I'll accept it ctrl.... :) Congrats.

He is set to unavailable.

I don't think he wants to join Genoa.

• Advertisement

He is set to unavailable.

I don't think he wants to join Genoa.

I've just given him a fung up the hole, and pushed him out the door of the training centre and handed him his P45. He just tried to turn back inside and give it to the right back.

(Or I might just have set him to available. Either way try now) :D

Good luck with him, hope he lights it up for you!

I've just given him a fung up the hole, and pushed him out the door of the training centre and handed him his P45. He just tried to turn back inside and give it to the right back.

He always looks angry so I won't know if he is happy to be here or not,

On a serious note fair play for the lottery, much appreciated and I am delighted to get him.

That should be done to him in RL too!!!! Ha!!

Despite being top of Division 3 at the moment, I am concerned about the lack of depth to the FC Twente squad. As a result I am looking to improve it so will listen to offers for any player on P/E basis.
    Not going to give away good players so if you want them it will have to be a decent deal for me - possibly a 2 for 1 basis.
    As I said all players are up for grabs and I have some decent young players so bid away and hopefully at the end of it all your club and FC Twente will be better at the end of it

And.. Inigo is sold. :(

Mr Blobby wrote: »

Who got him? Cracking player..

Edit: just seen it, congrats Hamburg!

Hamburg
    For two 88 players... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

So whats the craic with Firminio? :)

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    So whats the craic with Firminio? :)

Not much.. Why? Am I about to receive an offer :D

Are you open to offers?

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Are you open to offers?

All of my players are available for bid.

• Advertisement

Hamburg
    For two 88 players... :eek:

There will be a third player making his way to Twente in the coming weeks when Ashley Young joins as part of the deal

Also for anyone that is bidding on Florenzi the deal will need to include a good CF

Also for anyone that is bidding on Florenzi the deal will need to include a good CF

What rating CF??

Do you want older/proven 90ish or potentially a good CF, young and highly rated?

What rating CF??

Do you want older/proven 90ish or potentially a good CF, young and highly rated?

Ideally a mid 20s 89 or so but would consider a CF older and higher rated. Di Natale is my main striker but obviously he's nearly done age wise

Ideally a mid 20s 89 or so but would consider a CF older and higher rated. Di Natale is my main striker but obviously he's nearly done age wise

Don't know if you seen my offer?

Ozil finally back after being out for 2 weeks with a broken cheek bone :/ eejit. Anyway, I'm bottom of the group so there's only one way to go I suppose! Full team out, hoping to get on track tonight

A thrilling match ended 3 - 3 between Genoa CFC and Atlético Madrid in their SMFA Shield Group A encounter.
    Giovinco and Denílson were amongst the goalscorers.

I was 3-0 down so happy with that result, the stats were even enough too.

Leaves me 2nd in the group, 1 point ahead of Granada, with both the computer teams my remaining games. Keeping the faith.

KERSPLAT! ! steered Bayern München to victory against Dnipro.
    Bayern München beat Dnipro 5 - 2 in a thrilling SMFA Champions Cup Group E encounter.
    özil scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Agüero and Silva were also amongst the goalscorers.

Ozil you ledgebag! 2 for Ozil and one each for Aguero, Silva and BS

Leaves the table 6-5-5-5 :D gonna be close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

oh, btw ...

The offer for Vincent ABOUBAKAR of FC Porto from Shanghai Shenhua has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Thats my part of the Malanda deal held up.

Thanks again Barca!

• Advertisement

Viviano is still available for face value.

Anyone?.. No?

Ok :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement