Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

swoody wrote: »
    i also said that if you couldn't do a straight up cash offer i will consider a cash plus player/s offer as long as it equate to 30+ mill to me

Ah yeah I know, I'm not knocking your price tag, just agreeing with Mac. I don't think there are many I'd be willing to let go. Any youngster you want I want to keep and any established player I have... I want to keep :D

If you wanna have a look at my players and let me know who'd interest you we might be able to hash something out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Ah yeah I know, I'm not knocking your price tag, just agreeing with Mac. I don't think there are many I'd be willing to let go. Any youngster you want I want to keep and any established player I have... I want to keep :D

If you wanna have a look at my players and let me know who'd interest you we might be able to hash something out :)

but you'll just give me that counter offer again won't you. (i needed to see a shrink after it I was that distressed)

swoody wrote: »
    but you'll just give me that counter offer again won't you. (i needed to see a shrink after it I was that distressed)

Haha :D which one!?

Haha :D which one!?

my generous 24 mill bid for musa and you came back with that whopper of a counter..........

vidal and benatia.

i genuinely had to punch myself in the face as i thought i was having a nightmare and wanted to wake up.

That was a hands off type thing :D Had a great WC so I'll see how he develops unless someone offers me something better. 24m wasn't a bad offer but I've too much money as is, looking for players... like Garay

• Advertisement

That was a hands off type thing :D Had a great WC so I'll see how he develops unless someone offers me something better. 24m wasn't a bad offer but I've too much money as is, looking for players... like Garay

i'll accept a bid on monday if it's to my liking after my mickey mouse SMFA match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What may appear as 15.9 too you could appear as 10 too me or 19.7 too say Rangers! The in world chairmen set all values bud!

No that can't be right surely the value of a player is seen as the same value to every manager. Click in to Rodriguez and it has to say value 15.9 for everyone. Your talking about max bidding, I know peoples chairman's will let them bid different max amounts I.e when everyone was bidding on James wilson everyone had different max bids and I got him cause my chairman let me bid more but the value of him was 700k which was the same to everyone else

Anyone not bidding on Rodriguez fancy doing a draw?? There was a lad here last year that did one on video and posted it on here, is he still around ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

modo85 wrote: »
    Anyone not bidding on Rodriguez fancy doing a draw?? There was a lad here last year that did one on video and posted it on here, is he still around ?

Wasnt it lord tsc?? Shocking stuff if I remember!

• Advertisement

Why do you say it was shocking? I was a newbie back then and thought it was exciting waiting for him to draw out my team to win the price of giggs if I'm not mistaken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Why shocking??

I done the draw. It was when Spurs became free and we had a lot off applications for them I video'd the draw too prove it was done fairly and TSC won and got the job. It was after this we agreed too use manager ranking points system too assign jobs as the "draw system" wasn't fair and took too long

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No that can't be right surely the value of a player is seen as the same value to every manager. Click in to Rodriguez and it has to say value 15.9 for everyone. Your talking about max bidding, I know peoples chairman's will let them bid different max amounts I.e when everyone was bidding on James wilson everyone had different max bids and I got him cause my chairman let me bid more but the value of him was 700k which was the same to everyone else

I have seen situations where as soon as I sign a player, his value drops, and I think there has been cases as well where different managers can see different values too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Peanut Butter Jelly still has an interest in all that happens here but is no longer in the game and hass offered to officiate / do draws in the past

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Anyway,

was at Porto before but got 'extracted by the FBI/CIA/SMFA' months after the deal had been done and he had settled (well) in Porto.
    Ever since the mans agent has been camped out @ the Porto training grounds trying to broker his return ...

You did ask if anyone had suggestions of what club he should go to ;)

Why do you say it was shocking? I was a newbie back then and thought it was exciting waiting for him to draw out my team to win the price of giggs if I'm not mistaken

Didnt mean any offense. It just took so long Plus the fact I wasnt allowed enter!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

No it is right, the 15.9 you are looking at is what is commonly referred to as his market value.....

Each club's chairman WILL value a player differently, hence different clubs can offer different max values, confusing and a bit unfair but that is the reality I'm afraid

I wont be back from Gaelic till half 10 tonight so ill post the teams with the top 7 bids at 10.30 and hopefully we will have someone by then to do a draw soon after

No it is right, the 15.9 you are looking at is what is commonly referred to as his market value.....

Each club's chairman WILL value a player differently, hence different clubs can offer different max values, confusing and a bit unfair but that is the reality I'm afraid

Yes but that is what I'm referring to when I stated "the players value"
    as in the market value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Thats it alright, as Madrid I should be able to blow most teams out of the water but my chairman is a a d**k and undervalues everyone.....Suppose it makes it fair for the minnows :p

• Advertisement

So we're to bid the value and not go over it by much but you're gonna pick the top 7 bids. So if we all bid the same value how can there be 'top' bids?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

I wont be back from Gaelic till half 10 tonight so ill post the teams with the top 7 bids at 10.30 and hopefully we will have someone by then to do a draw soon after

Didn't someone post a pic of a draw recently, players name escapes me be Genoa won the draw (again!!!!) which was done using a random number generator....

Seems like a fair way of doing it

Didn't someone post a pic of a draw recently, players name escapes me be Genoa won the draw (again!!!!) which was done using a random number generator....

Seems like a fair way of doing it

Sure let PBJ do it, he seems to like hanging around here for some reason, may as well do something while he's at it!! :P

So we're to bid the value and not go over it by much but you're gonna pick the top 7 bids. So if we all bid the same value how can there be 'top' bids?

You offer a player or players and cash

Thats it alright, as Madrid I should be able to blow most teams out of the water but my chairman is a a d**k and undervalues everyone.....Suppose it makes it fair for the minnows :p

Yeah your chairman values your players at a different value but when it comes to buying a player Like Rodriguez you and everyone else should see his value at 15.9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Yeah your chairman values your players at a different value but when it comes to buying a player Like Rodriguez you and everyone else should see his value at 15.9

That I do..... Save yourself the bother of a draw lad and just accept my bid, that'd be the best thing for everyone;)

The top 5 bids so far are
    1) real madrid
    2) sporting
    3) Genoa
    4) rangers
    5) Tottenham

Cool, I was only willing to part with cash, cheers anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Yeah I have no problem doing the draw if it's needed.

• Advertisement

Yeah I have no problem doing the draw if it's needed.

Yeah cool, if I post the teams for the draw at around half ten tonight can you do the draw soon after?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement