Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

New managers should wait a while before selling players... Other managers that are more clued in may take advantage.

Matches are every Thursday and Sunday at 8pm so make sure you have your tactics etc set

You can loan 3 players at any one time from other managers so have a look around the big teams and try get some 87s and 88s on loan to save your money.

Some will disagree but money in general isn't worth much. You may get some players for cash only but usually deals are done by trading, so if someone offers huge cash for a player don't grab it and run, think about what you can get with that cash

Have a look at external clubs for 87s and 88s, you'll get them cheaper from them than managed teams

I'm sure others will add more, best of luck!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

This Lazio fella trying to rip me off :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    New managers should wait a while before selling players... Other managers that are more clued in may take advantage.

Matches are every Thursday and Sunday at 8pm so make sure you have your tactics etc set

You can loan 3 players at any one time from other managers so have a look around the big teams and try get some 87s and 88s on loan to save your money.

Some will disagree but money in general isn't worth much. You may get some players for cash only but usually deals are done by trading, so if someone offers huge cash for a player don't grab it and run, think about what you can get with that cash

Have a look at external clubs for 87s and 88s, you'll get them cheaper from them than managed teams

I'm sure others will add more, best of luck!!! :)

and why is that? Stop putting bad advice out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Swoody - you do seem to be very argumentative lately. Chill....

This, your 'Manure' comment in a different thread the other day, and your general disrespect or contempt for others in this thread....
    Well, my eyes, they roll.

The opinion Kersplat! makes about money is a valid one, and it's exactly that - an opinion.
    And the fact that he prefaced it with by saying "Some will disagree...." just strengthens that.

swoody wrote: »
    and why is that? Stop putting bad advice out there.

How is it bad advice? New managers sell their good players for cash, end up with a bundle of money and then what? Nothing. They're left with a bundle of cash.

I did say usually, which is true

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Liam Stack has become the new Olympique Marseille manager.
    Mark Logan has become the new AJ Auxerre manager.
    Beşiktaş JK have appointed eoin shanahan as the clubs new manager.
    Anzhi have appointed Michael Jordan as the clubs new manager.
    VfB Stuttgart have appointed S Finn as the clubs new manager.
    Dynamo Kyiv have appointed Paul O'Neill as the clubs new manager.
    Liam Hayes has become the new Galatasaray SK manager.
    Y2K 2008 s.h has become the new CSKA Moskva manager.

Today was a good day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

It'a infuriating seeing me forgot the caps in my name.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If anyone needs loan players, more than happy to send players their way if I can (Chairmen can block good players going though, be warned).

Just to add, there are other leagues too if you're interested in managing more than one.

The EB league here has a couple of teams
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057216664

and the Copa has plenty free too :)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057066132

Post in either thread if interested and I'll fire off an invite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Today was a good day!

But how many of them are Tupac!!!??..:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

That thread over on the soccer forum is no doubt helping. Great to see fresh meat coming in!

Maldjd23 wrote: »

Oh no you didn't!!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

[
    See that line? Your standing on it! Don't cross it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Only 3.... Why?

This Lazio fella trying to rip me off :pac:

He does that, never mind him.... Now where were we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Someone has to be looking to offload a 90+ striker. Have cash and players to exchange

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Someone has to be looking to offload a 90+ striker. Have cash and players to exchange

What's wrong with what you've got?

swoody wrote: »
    What's wrong with what you've got?

Jelavic 88 and Weimann 87 are my two best strikers. Not ideal for division 1

Muller 94, Aguero 94 and Hig 94 haven't been up to much!!!

Muller 94, Aguero 94 and Hig 94 haven't been up to much!!!

Swap deal? :P

• Advertisement

having a team of 90s isn't the be all and end all. granted your strikers aren't ideal, my advice would be to buy someone around 86/87 that has the potential to move to a big club but then i'm playing the game differently to everyone it seems. Good luck with your search tho.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

For our new guests. If you're looking for a cheap 88 rated 29 year old forward, I'm sure Jimmy Briand is looking to leave Schalke for the lowest price that you can offer (4.9m). I'm ideally targeting clubs who'll actually use him though. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Ive Benteke as my main striker and one of my 3 ams positions is filled with one of Januzaj(87), Morata(87) or Ayew(88)

At the mo im doing just fine

FCP

Wilberto wrote: »
    For our new guests. If you're looking for a cheap 88 rated 29 year old forward, I'm sure Jimmy Briand is looking to leave Schalke for the lowest price that you can offer (4.9m). I'm ideally targeting clubs who'll actually use him though. :D

I'm guessing that offer is no longer availble.....

Wilberto quit! I'd say heading home ;)

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Ive Benteke as my main striker and one of my 3 ams positions is filled with one of Januzaj(87), Morata(87) or Ayew(88)

At the mo im doing just fine

FCP

Yup, Postiga is firing in the goals (88) and Iturbe (87) has the most assists in the division ;)

I'm guessing that offer is no longer availble.....

Wilberto quit! I'd say heading home ;)

How? He already changed once this season from Estudiantes to Schalke. One change per season yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

How? He already changed once this season from Estudiantes to Schalke. One change per season yeah?

I may be wrong, but I THINK Mac was saying there might be exceptions made for a manager wanting to return to their old club as long as another manager doesn't want them.

To be fair Est haven't had any applications since Dave left so I reckon we should be glad somebody will take them :p

Not sure, but he defo quit :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

I may be wrong, but I THINK Mac was saying there might be exceptions made for a manager wanting to return to their old club as long as another manager doesn't want them.

To be fair Est haven't had any applications since Dave left so I reckon we should be glad somebody will take them :p

316940.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

316940.jpg

Their naming the baby Rodney, after Dave :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement