Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Interesting...

I'll keep it in mind, on a lighter note...

Your awesome

Nah man, Laia Grassi is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Do you have to play friendlies? Don't particularly fancy a friendly against Juventus currently 4th in D1, the day before an actual league match :rolleyes:

EDIT: On checking again they're actually 9th. Point still applies though

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Do you have to play friendlies? Don't particularly fancy a friendly against Juventus currently 4th in D1, the day before an actual league match :rolleyes:

EDIT: On checking again they're actually 9th. Point still applies though

Nope you don't have to play friendlies, you can cancel them!

ALSO even if you do play them, it doesn't effect your player's stamina, red cards, yellow cards, injures.. etc etc..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭jukebox2310

Just an update. Have had A lot of bids for Inigo but all will strengthen the bidder's squads but not mine. Will only let him go if my squad is strengthened so no point offering 86 and 87. As said he will go for the right offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Willing to let Vermaelen go for the right offer. No silly bids with players under 88. Would take an 87 with great potential. No cash bids please.

Udinese here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Just checking in lads its been a while.

Whos top of division 1?
    How is real madrid doing since my departure?

1. Roma
    2. Porto
    3. Arsenal

We have around 5 teams only nmanaged if you want too come back! We know you miss us !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Going to play a few youngsters for the cup game tomorrow along with some newly signed players. Hopefully they get on grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Thanks to the guys who loaned me those defenders - got me out of a tight spot where I had little to no cover - I've sent them back as they probably won't get anymore game time under me so someone who might actually use them can have them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Oh and just to throw my two cents in for the new managers here - no player will go for their actual value, as mentioned before try to avoid accepting cash only offers unless they are way over the players value. My tip, especially as the RL transfer window is now open, is to try and spot RL moves that go under the radar, i.e., I signed this guy

http://www.soccermanager.com/player.php?pid=54897

for 380k on 25-JUL as I got word he was moving to Montpellier (not a particularly glamorous club but a much higher standard than his previous club) - on 01-AUG he got a rating bump of +7 and is now worth 2.3m.

Others will tell you to hoard young players in the hope that they will produce future superstars, not a method that appeals to me personally but ye will have to figure what works for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

For €3.4m you can have him!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Now that I've taken the reins at FC Schalke 04 the following players are available:

Julio Cesar, 91 rated GK

BANEGA, Éver, 90 rated DM,M,AM(C)

Lacina Traore, 88 rated FC who's only 23 and plays for Monaco IRL so maybe an investment for someone!

Would be looking for good younger players.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Alain TRAORÉ has completed his move to Estudiantes from FC Lorient for 2,000,000 plus Oleksandr IAKOVENKO and Jorge CASADO

It's not very often you get the chance to pick up a 25 year old 88 rated player from an external at face value! :D:D

Missed out on Lars Stindl to Cruzeiro though despite our offers being remarkably similar!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Lacina Traore, 88 rated FC who's only 23 and plays for Monaco IRL so maybe an investment for someone!

...and right after I did so well in getting his concern level down!!

Wilberto wrote: »
    ...and right after I did so well in getting his concern level down!!

You but you bailed out on them then! Ha ha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Moar.....

Nicola Lancini
    Dimitri Bisoli
    Joel Reinholz
    Gregory Wuthrich
    Guido Gomez
    Mattia Monticone
    Barrie McKay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

How many rounds left in the shield?

eh i dunno wrote: »
    How many rounds left in the shield?

Twenty seven.

:P:pac:

Seriously though, tomorrow is the round of last thirty two, so there are five rounds left including tomorrow's round, and also the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

What's the story with the season in this? Is there a few weeks of off-season or does a new one start almost immediately after the previous one ended?

What's the story with the season in this? Is there a few weeks of off-season or does a new one start almost immediately after the previous one ended?

There's about 2 weeks between them I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Ah didnt realise I had 2 games this weekend. Friendly arranged on the sat before I took over and a league game on sunday. Set the team up for the friendly not the league game

• Advertisement

Ah didnt realise I had 2 games this weekend. Friendly arranged on the sat before I took over and a league game on sunday. Set the team up for the friendly not the league game

Friendlys have beating on tiredness and lads can't get injured or suspended in friendlys either!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Friendlys have beating on tiredness and lads can't get injured or suspended in friendlys either!
    Didnt know that. Changed a lot of players to see how they would get on.

Got a 1 nil win against the might Juve in the friendly but only a draw in the league.

The unbeaten record is still intact though and the climb off the bottom continues though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Is there a list of who's managing who? Like username wise? Need to get those mind games going like :cool:

Is there a list of who's managing who? Like username wise? Need to get those mind games going like :cool:

Yup there's a "contacts list" if you go too the main thread but it needs updating but a lot of it is accurate!

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

:cool: Mind games eh?..

The king of mind games right here ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

For anyone who receives what they deem a low offer I apologise Im working with severely limited resources here at Stuttgart :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Lads, a couple of questions from a soccer manager newbie:

I have 3 players with level 1 concern at the moment. All for the reason of game time. All of them are likely to be in my starting XI so will this issue eventually sort itself out? Until it does sort itself out is it likely to have an impact on their performances?
    How are the increases/decreases in player performance done? Think I read somewhere else about nabbing young lads who are linked to mainstream clubs in real life that will have a nice bump in their rating once the real life transfer proceeds.

Apologise for the amateurish type question. I could have said nothing and muddled along until relegation turns to reality and use it as a handy get out a la David Moyes type or I could to a LVG on it and go balls out so to speak and go for it from day 1!!

New Hannover boss here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

I have 3 players with level 1 concern at the moment. All for the reason of game time. All of them are likely to be in my starting XI so will this issue eventually sort itself out? Until it does sort itself out is it likely to have an impact on their performances?

New Hannover boss here.

This should answer the 1st bit.

Originally Posted by swoody viewpost.gif
    If people are concerned about there own players, I think this is what's required to keep them happy:

The highest rated players expect to play in approximately 85% of games:

9 games by week 10
    19 games by week 22
    28 games by week 32
    33 games by week 38

90+ expect to play in approximately 75% of games:

8 games by week 10
    17 games by week 22
    24 games by week 32
    29 games by week 38

players expecting to be a substitute if you selected your first choice line-up and those rated 89 or above, will expect to play in approximately 30-40% of games:

3-4 games by week 10
    7-9 games by week 22
    10-13 games by week 32
    12-16 games by week 38

goalkeepers 88+ need to play in 90% of games:

9 games by week 10
    20 games by week 22
    29 games by week 32
    35 games by week 38

*sub appearances are only valued at a half an appearance.
    *cup games are also added in the 38 games.

How are the increases/decreases in player performance done? Think I read somewhere else about nabbing young lads who are linked to mainstream clubs in real life that will have a nice bump in their rating once the real life transfer proceeds.

Apologise for the amateurish type question. I could have said nothing and muddled along until relegation turns to reality and use it as a handy get out a la David Moyes type or I could to a LVG on it and go balls out so to speak and go for it from day 1!!

New Hannover boss here.
    Yes by playing the lads their concern will drop and it doesn't affect their preformance in the game, as for ratings it's all real life based. If the lads on fire in real life he'll rise if he's poor, injured , sub Etc he'll fall!

For example a fela could be getting 8's & 9's in the game but retire in real life threw injury and he'll retire in the game too

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Yes by playing the lads their concern will drop and it doesn't affect their preformance in the game, as for ratings it's all real life based. If the lads on fire in real life he'll rise if he's poor, injured , sub Etc he'll fall!

For example a fela could be getting 8's & 9's in the game but retire in real life threw injury and he'll retire in the game too

Injury don't seem to affect a player, at least not for a very long time. Look at Badstuber, I was reading that he hadn't played for Bayern for over 600 days and no drop, that's close to two years!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement