Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,331 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Hey, thinking of joining, which would be the best team to take? Haven't played before so will need a bit of help probably, will read the forum and pick it up easy enough presumably but Auxerre seem to have some money to play with or woukd it be better to pick a higher team value?

Edit:I got antsy so just decides to go for Velez. Sure what's thw the worst that could happen :p

Double edit: didn't see the waiting list thread and have now posted in there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Liam O wrote: »
    Hey, thinking of joining, which would be the best team to take? Haven't played before so will need a bit of help probably, will read the forum and pick it up easy enough presumably but Auxerre seem to have some money to play with or woukd it be better to pick a higher team value?

Edit:I got antsy so just decides to go for Velez. Sure what's thw the worst that could happen :p

I'll accept you later on today with either team you wana apply for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Remember the name from the Man U thread, welcome along man ;)

Someone like Palmeiras would be a far better prospect IMO!

Anyone want to guess who has won this one .....

Cícero JONATHAN

Looks close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Remember the name from the Man U thread, welcome along man ;)

Someone like Palmeiras would be a far better prospect IMO!

Second that. They don't have much money due to the AI buying current real life Palmeiras players but they've a good squad. I brought a lot of good players to the club so you should do grand with them. Maybe sell some of the older guys and bring in some 88 rated externals (if you can find them)

• Advertisement

Cícero JONATHAN has completed his move to SS Lazio from Torino for 7,500,000 plus Federico BARBA and Thomas EISFELD .

All other offers were turned down.

That was close....Damn close!

Worked out the 2 closest deals there was nothing in it, happy to get him though, starter for Inter who I expect will be much improved this season!

After some sage advice from tupac I've decided Palmeiras are the best option so went for them there, will get acquainted with them properly after work. Thanks for all the help lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

To all newbies, please form a line for initiation.

tumblr_m20j17pBKl1r3ifxzo1_500.gif

Welcome :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Nordicgael

Hi guys
    just wanted to introduce meself -thanks for acceping me - i just took over Panathinaikos in div 4 -first time playing the boards league- hopefully i get on ok - at least in div 4 i cant get relegated!! :-)

• Advertisement

Nordicgael wrote: »
    Hi guys
    just wanted to introduce meself -thanks for acceping me - i just took over Panathinaikos in div 4 -first time playing the boards league- hopefully i get on ok - at least in div 4 i cant get relegated!! :-)

Welcome! Any questions shout away... My advice is don't sell any one for a few weeks till you get a feel for the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Welcome! Any questions shout away... My advice is don't annoy me with bids cause i don't sell anyone!

FYP Mac, try and be a bit more realistic next time :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Sorry if anyone gets insulting offers from me, don't know how valuable money is in this yet :p And if you get any ridiculously high offers just reject it and send me a PM to tell me to make a lower bid! ;) :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Nordicgael wrote: »
    Hi guys

Panathinaikos were my first club. Took over them with four games to go in Season 1 but couldn't keep them up despite winning all four.

Had a soft-spot for them ever since.

Good luck mate.

Beefy (Shakhtar Donetsk)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Nordicgael

Thanks for the welcome guys- i look forward to playing in the boards league and discussing it here :-)
    @beefy78 - i hope i do them justice and be in the hunt for a playoff place soon - might take time as div 4 looks competitive, should be a fun challenge :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Cupla eile

Miha Zajc
    Tomasz Kedziora
    Amar Rahmanovic
    Oliver Pranjic
    Bernhard Luxbacher

More new managers and only 4 clubs free now if memory serves me correct

Just a question on the game, how does the time progression work? Like what's the advantage to having young players over older ones like how I have Lambert and Podolski who are old enough but highly rated, what's the drawback to having them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just a question on the game, how does the time progression work? Like what's the advantage to having young players over older ones like how I have Lambert and Podolski who are old enough but highly rated, what's the drawback to having them?

Assuming each player is the same rating, the only advantage is the younger player will be more valuable. Now if you have a really old player (over 33) they normally take longer to regain full fitness compared to the younger guy.

Now for the overall issue of having older players vs younger players... Its a matter of opinion.
    Some managers won't touch older players incase there form goes and they get sold to some crappy team and drop rating (Defoe,Henry,Kaka) While some managers will have a loads of older players (because they're cheap) and will try and get whatever time they can out of them while they still have a high rating.

For me I try and find a middle ground.. I have Maggio(32) Pirlo(35) and Terry(33) but I balance that out with really good young players (Draxler,Firmino,Balotelli)

For me anyone under 27* is young and anyone over 31* is old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

when an older players rating changes, its usually going down as he is past his peak and cant perform at the level he once did. but dont be fooled. players like etoo who is rated 91, he wont drop for a long time(maybe a full sm season) so its worth buying them. IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Scalped Juventus away 2-1 tonight, I'm starting to get the hang of this craic!

Only a friendly but ill take it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Following players are for loan at AS Roma if anybody wants them
    (Click header to sort columns)

Info|Name|Position|Age|Rating|Value
    LnL|CAPIN, Onur|F(RLC)|18|75|290k
    LnL|MARQUET, François|DM,M(C)|19|77|720k
    LnL|HORVATH, Sascha|DM,M,AM(C)|17|77|750k
    LnL|MARTÍNEZ, Tomás|AM(RLC),F(RL)|19|77|630k
    LnL|MAMUTE, Yuri|AM(RL),F(RLC)|19|77|630k
    LnL|KEMPF, Marc-Oliver|D,DM(C)|19|78|1.0M
    LnL|STENDERA, Marc|AM(RLC)|18|78|1.0M
    LnL|LÉON, Donovan|GK|21|80|1.0M
    LnL|CRISTANTE, Bryan|M,AM(C)|19|80|1.7M
    LnL|HARRIOTT, Callum|M,AM(RL)|20|80|1.7M
    LnL|NAHUEL, Leiva|AM(C),F(RLC)|17|80|1.7M
    LnL|JEAN, Corentin|F(RLC)|19|80|1.6M
    LnL|GREEN, Julian|AM(RL),F(RLC)|19|80|1.6M
    LnL|ŠIMUNOVIĆ, Jozo|D(C)|20|82|3.4M
    LnL|BANGGAARD, Patrick|D(C)|20|82|3.4M
    LnL|DAWIDOWICZ, Pawel|D,DM,M(C)|19|82|2.8M
    LnL|THOMSEN, Nicolaj|M(LC)|21|82|2.1M
    LnL|CAVALLARO, Juan|AM(RLC),F(RL)|20|82|2.5M
    LnL|AJETI, Arlind|D(RC)|20|83|4.2M
    LnL|VEZO, Rúben|D(C)|20|83|4.2M
    LnL|LINETTY, Karol|DM,M,AM(C)|19|83|3.5M
    LnL|KAHRABA, Mahmoud|AM(RLC)|20|83|3.4M
    LnL|ADNAN, Ali|D,DM(L)|20|84|4.2M
    LnL|MELANO, Lucas|F(RC)|21|84|2.9M
    LnL|CARRILLO, Guido|F(C)|23|84|2.8M
    LnL|BASELLI, Daniele|DM,M(C)|22|85|3.8M
    LnL|MUGNI, Lucas|AM(RLC),F(RL)|22|85|3.5M
    LnL|CORNELIUS, Andreas|F(C)|21|85|3.6M
    LnL|NTEP, Paul-Georges|AM(RLC),F(RL)|22|85|3.5M
    LnL|GUERREIRO, Raphaël|D,DM,M,AM(L)|20|86|6.0M
    LnL|QUINTERO, Juan|AM(RLC),F(RL)|21|86|4.3M
    LnL|SANSONE, Nicola|AM,F(RLC)|22|86|4.2M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Some of my players conditions are down to 70%, how much does this affect their performance? Ive 6 players under 80%. Will they recover much between now and the match tonight?

Some of my players conditions are down to 70%, how much does this affect their performance? Ive 6 players under 80%. Will they recover much between now and the match tonight?
    Most likely not... If you rest them totally tonight then they should be ok by Sundays game... Ill loan you any player from my squad that my chairman is willing too loan if you need a body or 2

They won't recover anymore. I personally don't play anyone less than 90%, I think I read there's greater risk of injury and I'd rather have someone at 100% for the next match

Ok thats perfect lads thanks. I should have sufficient cover :)
    I fully expect to lose tonight my team is totally different! :pac:

Ok thats perfect lads thanks. I should have sufficient cover :)
    I fully expect to lose tonight my team is totally different! :pac:

Don't worry about it, I expect to lose every night at this stage :/

One more question, I went to Leverkusen and none of my players conditions are showing, its just a dash?

Just means your next match won't take into account their condition because it's a shield match or a friendly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Thomas VERMAELEN has completed his move to US Palermo from Udinese Calcio for 2,960,000 plus Guilherme SIQUEIRA and Héctor HERRERA

Happy with that!
    With him supposedly off to either Man utd or Barcelona he could get his 91* back.

More signings to follow...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement