Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Oh let me rephrase - does any want an obscene amount of cash for a player that I want or two

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Oh let me rephrase - does any want an obscene amount of cash for a player that I want or two

I've been on a spending spree but still have 45 odd to spend. Keeping it in the hope I can use it with Hig to get another player in. You selling anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

You could activate vidals release clause ;)

Dream on farcalona, dream on.

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I've been on a spending spree but still have 45 odd to spend. Keeping it in the hope I can use it with Hig to get another player in. You selling anyone?

None of the first teamers anyway man.
    Perhaps use the likes of Rafinha, Matip or Song in combination with a few others to get in a higher rated player...

Selling 'The Ten' ( :) ) has kind of hamstrung me as regards future deals, but I can't deny I'm not in good order. Nor do I regret doing it.

Asked this a while back, but of the ten players that were sold by me recently, how are they getting on at their new clubs?

swoody wrote: »
    You could activate vidals release clause ;)

Dream on bayern Munchin, dream on.

Which is?
    150m?

Cant rightly remember, but I'm sure I'm not let bid that much. :)

Edit - but if you are open to a deal, let me know. As you know, he's a player that I've fancied for quite a while....

• Advertisement

Which is?
    150m?

Cant rightly remember, but I'm sure I'm not let bid that much. :)

Shame, cause i will never sell to you anyway. :p

Shame, cause i will never sell to you anyway. :p

Yeah, i didn't think so.
    Your toys are on the ground there beside you....

______

To all the other, sounder, managers, I'd also consider including Onazi or Mendy....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I feel bad for Higuain :(
    He always does his best and has consistently done well for you.. And when it looked like he'd get a return to Italy playing for Palermo, his manager pulled out of the deal.

Disney should make a movie about it.

Yeah, i didn't think so.

______

To all the other, sounder, managers, I'd also consider including Onazi or Mendy....

Ah heyor leave it out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

seems that i (bremen) has stated a bidding war on sterling :L liverpool manager will have a nice surprise when he signs in!

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »
    seems that i (bremen) has stated a bidding war on sterling :L liverpool manager will have a nice surprise when he signs in!

He's not going anywhere, you'll see :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Yeah, i didn't think so.

______

To all the other, sounder, managers, I'd also consider including Onazi or Messi....

FYP;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

MarkY91 wrote: »

You'd think it would be a nice surprise!!

But guess again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,331 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Speaking of potential bidding wars, I have an offer on the table for podolski but it's only cash. If I'm going to give up my star striker I'd need some players to appease the fans I think :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Liam O wrote: »
    Speaking of potential bidding wars, I have an offer on the table for podolski but it's only cash. If I'm going to give up my star striker I'd need some players to appease the fans I think :p

Yeah don't take cash offers for big players.
    You're just shooting yourself in the foot if you do.

for all you newbies or anyone who's been living under a rock since they joined, i give you......

the player database

use it well (check every day) cause it's your best friend in this game, really.

Ryan Seacrest OUT!

for all you newbies or anyone who's been living under a rock since they joined, i give you......

the player database

use it well (check every day) cause it's your best friend in this game, really.

Ryan Seacrest OUT!

Except when bigger clubs put in ludacris bids.

JamboMac wrote: »

Ah now calling porto, lazio and spuds big clubs is a bit of a stretch now :pac:

Smaller clubs can offer more cash. I pick up loads of youth for next to nothing because no one else even bids on them

Smaller clubs can offer more cash. I pick up loads of youth for next to nothing because no one else even bids on them

They can offer more but they can't 2.5 million on somebody and hope they rise significantly.

PSG are a large club but I wouldn't waste the coffers on a kid with potential to rise maybe tomorrow maybe next year.

Take Francois for instance I made the first offer of 500,000 because that was the most I was willing to gamble and believe Porto won with 2.5 million I wasn't going to increase my after any offered I made because it was realistic.

Now I'm NOT giving out about people wasting their own bank account but it just seems ludacris.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

I have 130m...if I could spend it on good players instead of prospects I would but in this game world that's not possible so I might as well throw it at youngsters.

I buy plenty of youngsters and free agents. Most of the time you'll at least get your money back, the rest will rise a bit over the coming months and then you have the chance of landing a star. Which one of us has the next Bale, Ronaldo, Messi, etc

Look how quick some players jump for example Icardi, just over a year and a half and he jumped 12 points to 87, Obiang in less than 2 years jumped 13 to 88!! If even one or two of the youth I have make it to 89/90 it'll be worth it, as I said the rest will pay for themselves when sold on or traded

i'll give ya konaplyanka for the 130M :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

i'll give ya konaplyanka for the 130M :rolleyes:

It'll take a couple of transfers to get the money over so to speed things up I'll take vidal and pogba as well....Everybodys a winner ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

They can offer more but they can't 2.5 million on somebody and hope they rise significantly.

PSG are a large club but I wouldn't waste the coffers on a kid with potential to rise maybe tomorrow maybe next year.

Take Francois for instance I made the first offer of 500,000 because that was the most I was willing to gamble and believe Porto won with 2.5 million I wasn't going to increase my after any offered I made because it was realistic.

Now I'm NOT giving out about people wasting their own bank account but it just seems ludacris.
    I bid 2m, real won the bidding I think with 2.5m

Ah now calling porto, lazio and spuds big clubs is a bit of a stretch now :pac:

I know, if they were big clubs you'd expect some of them to be topping divisions in this GW:cool:

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I know, if they were big clubs you'd expect some of them to be topping divisions in this GW:cool:

By that logic barca are a small club:D

who are we to say they arent ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I went through a phase of buying youngsters, but it wasn't usually a scatter gun approach. And after hitting a fairly large squad size (93 at the moment), I stopped. Couldn't be arsed bidding on every single player just in case they rise; tend to only go after kids I know of now (ones playing for PL teams). If I bid on one kid a month now, it's a busy month.

RE: Modric
    Would take heaven and earth for me to sell him right now ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

By that logic barca are a small club:D

Who? :p:p:p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement