Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

I'm just going to say it, it will upset some but it has to be said....

It really does make me laugh whenever the topic of 'cheap transfers' pops up, its always the managers that have very little or no input/activity in the market that like to have a good oul yarn about it.....

Sorry but it's true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Sure from the looks of it he only got a 86 & 88 from Valencia?
    Hardly strpped them.. Or am I wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭gerp99

Mr Blobby wrote: »

Bernat and Alcacer as well! those 2 plus Gil were Valencias big 3 prospects! Moya looks to be the Atletico no 1. But other players left to other clubs too not just Bremen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Im confused ... (Could be lack of sleep)...

Are we lynching someone today or not?

gerp99 wrote: »
    Bernat and Alcacer as well! those 2 plus Gil were Valencias big 3 prospects! Moya looks to be the Atletico no 1. But other players left to other clubs too not just Bremen!

But you see here's the problem...

Bernat was bought on the 29th of May and at that time he was only rated 87* and then 10 days later he got his 88* rating. So technically Valencia got a 89* striker for a 87*. It was just bad timing for Valencia.

Same for the Alcacer deal. He signed for Bremen on the 30th and got a rating bump to 87* (from 85*) 10 days later. So 6M for a 85* ain't that bad.. He was again just bad timing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭gerp99

But you see here's the problem...

Bernat was bought on the 29th of May and at that time he was only rated 87* and then 10 days later he got his 88* rating. So technically Valencia got a 89* striker for a 87*. It was just bad timing for Valencia.

Same for the Alcacer deal. He signed for Bremen on the 30th and got a rating bump to 87* (from 85*) 10 days later. So 6M for a 85* ain't that bad.. He was again just bad timing.

Diego Forlan for an 87 top young defender is a shocking deal as is selling a Spanish u-21 striker for 6 million. Im not blaming Bremen! Id have tried to get the players for that myself. Im just saying Valencia manger ruined that team!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Yellow card issued too swoody. Any more "funny" vid's like that and you'll be going on holidays from the thread

no_photo_news.jpg
    The LMA wish to clarify the position in relation to recent reports and speculation regarding matters alleged to have arisen at Juventus.

"In the course of a search by the Club in early 2014 of a few posts where sent to and from another member of staff during Mr swoody’s employment at Juventus, in relation to other matters, it emerged that swoody had, it seems, sent a couple of one funny vids that were, with the benefit of hindsight, very regrettable and disrespectful of other cultures. These were just funny pic/vids at a time swoody felt under great pressure and when he was letting off steam to a friend during some friendly funny pic banter. That said, swoody believes he could and should have conducted himself better on these isolated occasions. The precise details need to remain private for the time being until any FA process is complete.

"The LMA does not condone in any way any potential breach of equal opportunities laws but would also point out that out of over 4,000 posts and over a long period of time it may not be a complete surprise that some inappropriate pics/vids can sometimes be made by employees, like swoody, working under great pressure in highly charged situations. If swoody has caused any offence by these two isolated matters he would, however, wish to sincerely apologise.

"swoody finds it strange that these matters were only raised with the FA and in the media now."

"swoody is also very concerned about seriously inaccurate and misleading reports of his alleged involvement in these matters in the media. It has never been alleged that he posted no funny vids and he has confirmed that he did not do so. Further, there are incorrect and damaging suggestions that he sent a whole host of offensive and unpleasant messages that are simply not true and which give a grossly distorted and unfair view of swoody’s involvement in this matter. swoody looks forward to matters being put straight in due course, following any investigation of this matter.

"swoody cannot of course comment on the nature of any conduct or communications alleged to have been made by others.

"swoody has said that he will be fully co-operating with any FA investigation and that he looks forward to putting the record straight thereafter."

5-minuteslater.jpg
    The LMA apologises for some of its wording, in its release yesterday, which was inappropriate and has been perceived to trivialise matters of a funny pic/vid nature. That was certainly not our intention.

It is beyond argument that any comments that are discriminatory, even used in private, are totally unacceptable. The LMA remains absolutely aware of our responsibility to the game and to promote and uphold the highest standards of behaviour.

The LMA will not be commenting further on the allegations relating to swoody whilst The FA conducts its investigation, other than to repeat that both the LMA and swoody will be cooperating fully.

We will continue to work with all of the game's stakeholders to address the important issues of respect and discriminatory behaviour in all its forms.

:)

Free Agent Ruben LIGEON has completed his move to SS Lazio for 1,118,000

Somewhat surprised I got him unopposed.....

Getting some game time for Ajax as of late and with talk of Blind going it might well leave an even better opportunity for a place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

I had Forlan listed as p/e he bid cash, I asked for Bernat and Paco, who were 87 and 85 respectively. Forlan swapped for Bernat then I bought Paco for cash cause of chairman values.

He had been selling loads of lads and given I was buying up youth since I took over I asked what he'd want for Gil and he said 6m and he's yours. Tough **** to anyone that doesn't like it but I wasn't gonna turn that down as I know well anyone giving out about would do the same ;)

The last deal we swapped keepers, Frey is 87 and ageing and his backup 88 had just signed for Athletio after Courtois left so I figured he might hit 89 if I was lucky. His keeper was on level 3 concerns and wasn't playing as his first choice was a 90, given the concerns and the fact keepers don't tire I asked if he'd sell him, he wanted x amount of cash which I didn't have so I swapped Frey and a bit of cash.

He didn't have the pain in the arse of lowering your mans concerns and I got a better keeper :D

Also not exactly the best of form to be criticising a poster that's no longer here to defend himself, fair play.

• Advertisement

Who cares!!

You's all have crap teams anyway..

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe

Who cares!!

takes one to know one.......right. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

swoody wrote: »

You's are all peasant clubs to me muhahaha:p

Eh.. Promotion in first season with Palermo and currently in quarter final of the Shield. ;)

Also I've Pirlo.. So yeah!

Who cares!!

Your just annoyed Immobile and Howedes don't fancy moving to Palmero :pac:

:p

Your just annoyed Immobile and Howedes don't fancy moving to Palmero :pac:

:p

Yeah well Draxler didn't want to go back to Schalke after you sold his best bud Meyer :mad:

Yeah well Draxler didn't want to go back to Schalke after you sold his best bud Meyer :mad:

I'd be happy to reunite them at Madrid:D

It doesn't take you bloody long!! :pac:

Leon has told me what you make the youth team do when you've had a few drinks, the "Madrid House of Horror" he calls it :eek:

Sure Ben Davies told me he didn't care if he never plays a game as long as he's free from the place :p

He stills wants to come home, he keeps calling me to ask if we've agreed a deal yet :P

• Advertisement

Leon has told me what you make the youth team do when you've had a few drinks, the "Madrid House of Horror" he calls it :eek:

Sure Ben Davies told me he didn't care if he never plays a game as long as he's free from the place :p

Them and there big mouths...and they wandered why I used the ball gags on em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'm just going to say it, it will upset some but it has to be said....

It really does make me laugh whenever the topic of 'cheap transfers' pops up, its always the managers that have very little or no input/activity in the market that like to have a good oul yarn about it.....

Sorry but it's true

It was me that said it first, I'd say I'm pretty active in the market

@The Governor, I didn't say anything about you, I was talking about the last manager practically giving away 2 players, they just happened to both go to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I didn't say stripped but to see a rising 86 go for 6m when there are 75s going for near that price and a rising 88 being swapped for a falling 87, questions of the manager should be asked but sure he's gone now so what can ya do

Just putting this up for no particular reason;)

Just putting this up for no particular reason;)

I hate you...

meh! all tap ins.

enter colin healy....

Willing to listen to offers for Draxler.

Looking for a 91-92*

meh! all tap ins.

enter colin healy....

Played against him years back, when be played in a very good Ballincollig team, some finish!!

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Willing to listen to offers for Draxler.

Looking for a 91-92*

Dzeko? .....

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

Played against him years back, when be played in a very good Ballincollig team, some finish!!

I played against Packie Bonner..

Scored a freekick against him at Pepsi Summer camp... PUNK!!

Also played Paddy Kenny in a game of FIFA.

Claim TO FAME!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement