Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Unlucky Sporting. I thought you had me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Irish Goldberg steered Internazionale to victory against RCD Espanyol.
    Internazionale beat RCD Espanyol 5 - 3 on penalties after a 1 - 1 draw in their The Boards.ie League Cup Quarter Final fixture.

Rafael had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Faizulin was on the scoresheet for his side

Finally my keeper has a good match!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

swoody wrote: »
    meh! all tap ins.

enter colin healy....

Wonderstrike!

See my avatar.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

doesn't look like the united kit tupac. :pac: #ITK

benatia.jpg

Wilberto wrote: »
    See my avatar.... ;)

you only did it cause i announced his greatness :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

doesn't look like the united kit tupac. :pac: #ITK

benatia.jpg

What are you on about now? That IS the new utd kit!! #anotheronethatgotaway

The offer for Kevin WIMMER of 1. FC Köln from SS Lazio has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Again, pretty surprised at the lack of interest in this kid, tipped as one for the future and playing top flight football at 21!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Looks like I've got myself a young(ish) 88 rated keeper! Finally, a replacement for Gabulov!!

The only unfortunate thing though is that I won't be around to put him in goal for tomorrow's match, and I clearly can't trust the game to do it itself, so I may have to give 85 rated Fabien Giefer (Schalke IRL) a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Looks like I've got myself a young(ish) 88 rated keeper! Finally, a replacement for Gabulov!!

The only unfortunate thing though is that I won't be around to put him in goal for tomorrow's match, and I clearly can't trust the game to do it itself, so I may have to give 85 rated Fabien Giefer (Schalke IRL) a game.

Can ya log in on mobile for 30 secs even?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Can ya log in on mobile for 30 secs even?

Doubt it. For a start I don't even have a smart phone!!

Era, I wouldn't worry. At least I have a decent enough keeper in reserve. If Daniel Bentley was my second choice keeper then yes, I'd definitely start to worry/panic!! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Doubt it. For a start I don't even have a smart phone!!
    D

Mmmm what? You know you can get these for like 30 quid?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Congrats was surprised to see him at an external, was only trying to upgrade backup with a goalkeeper of potential glad to be beaten by somebody who requires the player.;)

JamboMac wrote: »
    Congrats was surprised to see him at an external, was only trying to upgrade backup with a goalkeeper of potential glad to be beaten by somebody who requires the player.;)

His transfer ban has only just recently expired. I had seen him earlier and had him marked as a target, but then forgot about him until you bid! :D

Three years younger than Gabulov and playing in what I would consider to be a better league. At least it'll give Giefer more time before he has to start producing the goods for me in real life so he can increase his rating on here!! :D

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Mmmm what? You know you can get these for like 30 quid?

I'm currently trying my best to get five years out of my current phone. I only need to have it for six more months! I'm struggling though. Even though it has behaved itself today, yesterday it restarted itself about five or six times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Anybody wanna swap an 88 keeper for another 88.....Trying to avoid concerns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Few questions from a relative newbie.

Has anyone in the league got promotions from Division 4 to 2 or from 3 to 1? Just wondering what is achievable.

I'm lower half in Division 3 and will hopefully stay in around there for the rest of the season (I know a 6 game losing streak is now about to happen and I get sucked into a relegation dogfight!).
    Have small bit of money but not much quality wise for player exchanges so cant really bring in much in terms of even an 88 rated player. As it is lower half would seem to be the height of our potential after looking through squads of the teams above me.
    Is my best bet to speculate on young players from externals in the hope that the rise in rating down the line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Has anyone in the league got promotions from Division 4 to 2 or from 3 to 1? Just wondering what is achievable.

I'm lower half in Division 3 and will hopefully stay in around there for the rest of the season (I know a 6 game losing streak is now about to happen and I get sucked into a relegation dogfight!).
    Have small bit of money but not much quality wise for player exchanges so cant really bring in much in terms of even an 88 rated player. As it is lower half would seem to be the height of our potential after looking through squads of the teams above me.
    Is my best bet to speculate on young players from externals in the hope that the rise in rating down the line?

In my opinion the rating of your team isn't the be all and end all. Try get some rising 85/86s if you've plenty of money. Try contact people through the chat feature, you'll come across a few friendly lads that'll help you out with cheap players or maybe some loans to help you out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

To answer one of your questions, tactics are far more important than the actual squad you have (not that they're unimportant though!). I wouldn't worry about whether you think there's better squads, my squad wasn't near most other squads in Div 2 for awhile but I've managed to stay up each season and who knows where I'll end up this season (fingers crossed :P)

As for bringing in players, if you're speculating then do some research on them. I wouldn't bring in lots of randoms but it's personal preference as many seem to!

Hey man, best advice if you want to get into the upper divisions would be to set your current team up to be hard to beat and accumulate some manager points, then make a play for one of the bigger teams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Lads I have MATTHEWS, Adam from Celtic listed for cash, a 22 yr old 86 and can play D(RL),DM,M(R), might be handy backup for a smaller club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

which team are you again?

Hey man, best advice if you want to get into the upper divisions would be to set your current team up to be hard to beat and accumulate some manager points, then make a play for one of the bigger teams

The only problem with this is that you could very easily fall in love with your team and, when you do leave, it'll only be for a few weeks before you've realised you've made a huge mistake and end up going back home!! :D:D

The only problem with this is that you could very easily fall in love with your team and, when you do leave, it'll only be for a few weeks before you've realised you've made a huge mistake and end up going back home!! :D:D

FYP

There is that too!!

FYP

No you didn't.

;)

Lads I have MATTHEWS, Adam from Celtic listed for cash, a 22 yr old 86 and can play D(RL),DM,M(R), might be handy backup for a smaller club.

A Celtic Player??

hyde-laughing-o.gif

:p:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

which team are you again?

Real Madrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Cyrus CHRISTIE has completed his move to Aston Villa from Coventry City for 2,100,000

Heard good things about this lad

The only problem with this is that you realise your actually quit shit!! :D:D
    No you didn't.

;)

em........

yeah i did. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I was hoping to do the same.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement