Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Anybody wanna swap an 88 keeper for another 88.....Trying to avoid concerns.

Wasn't something like this discussed before and there was murder (again)

Just asking to clarify and not having a go at you sack as I'm in agreement with doing something like this.....

I'd put it out there first mate before doing it as I'm sure this did not go down well before

Edit - just to add my own views on this, personally I think it's brilliant, RL sees big name players go out on loan all the time (Lukaku last season) and these sort of players cannot be loaned on SM due to idiotic chairman.... Also buy back clauses are part of RL so an idea such as this resembles that....

There are drawbacks though, it renders the unhappy status as pointless and the obvious one....... One of the managers will not give back the player or quit or move clubs.....

For me, it would be an 'enter at your own risk' setup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Just asking to clarify and not having a go at you sack as I'm in agreement with doing something like this.....

I'd put it out there first mate before doing it as I'm sure this did not go down well before

Edit - just to add my own views on this, personally I think it's brilliant, RL sees big name players go out on loan all the time (Lukaku last season) and these sort of players cannot be loaned on SM due to idiotic chairman.... Also buy back clauses are part of RL so an idea such as this resembles that....

There are drawbacks though, it renders the unhappy status as pointless and the obvious one....... One of the managers will not give back the player or quit or move clubs.....

For me, it would be an 'enter at your own risk' setup

There's no rules on this.. It's entirely unenforceable! If they want too swap players then fine. But each deal will have too be treated seperatly so if ye swap keepers and plan too swap back after 3 months and 1 keeper jumps 3 points too91 in that time and the other manager refuses too sell him back then thats tough... Please be very very wary and take nothing for granted as a manager may move clubs etc in the time before the ban is up and I doubt If say the united job came up that they'll skip taking that just too sell you back your player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Wilberto wrote: »
    Doubt it. For a start I don't even have a smart phone!!

Era, I wouldn't worry. At least I have a decent enough keeper in reserve. If Daniel Bentley was my second choice keeper then yes, I'd definitely start to worry/panic!! :D:D

Bentley has been tipped for the next England U21 squad so he could be less of a worry if he gets a nice increase soon.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    There's no rules on this.. It's entirely unenforceable! If they want too swap players then fine. But each deal will have too be treated seperatly so if ye swap keepers and plan too swap back after 3 months and 1 keeper jumps 3 points too91 in that time and the other manager refuses too sell him back then thats tough... Please be very very wary and take nothing for granted as a manager may move clubs etc in the time before the ban is up and I doubt If say the united job came up that they'll skip taking that just too sell you back your player

The Utd job?

Mac do you even own a tv!!!!*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

I think I give up bidding on youths :pac:

Seeing players worth about 500k going for 3.5 million is something I just can't afford with my squad. Need whatever money i have for buying first teamers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Can't see any problem with it myself. I could offer him a new contract to drop the concern but I won't be held to ransom....My money is for wasting on youths:pac:

As for the risks, I don't think casillas will drop too much over the next year so I'm happy having an 88 or even 87 as backup. I'm not worried about the guy I leave go rising although I can see your point.....cavaet emptor and all.

Just signed Paul O Connells cousin Eoghan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Colemania wrote: »
    I think I give up bidding on youths :pac:

Seeing players worth about 500k going for 3.5 million is something I just can't afford with my squad. Need whatever money i have for buying first teamers.

I have the money but it ain't worth it, to wait god knows how long for a player to rise to recoup your money.

Can't see any problem with it myself. I could offer him a new contract to drop the concern but I won't be held to ransom....My money is for wasting on youths:pac:

As for the risks, I don't think casillas will drop too much over the next year so I'm happy having an 88 or even 87 as backup. I'm not worried about the guy I leave go rising although I can see your point.....cavaet emptor and all.

Neither do I see the problem with it....

As I stated....

In the rest of my post.....

That you cut when you quoted me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

JamboMac wrote: »
    I have the money but it ain't worth it, to wait god knows how long for a player to rise to recoup your money.

takes about a year, sometimes less for the good ones to get from 75 to 85ish

here are a few of my examples :cool:

Jean-Paul Boëtius: signed for 2.7M+player, he was 75 now he's worth 5.8M and is 86
    Tonny Vilhena: signed for 3.3M+players, he was 77 now he's worth 5.8M and is 86
    Sergi Darder: signed for 2.1M, he was 75 now he's worth 4.7M and is 85
    Rodrigo Caio: signed in a swap deal, he was 78 now he's worth 3.6M and is 85
    Salih Ucan: signed for 3.5, he was 77 now he's worth 4..7M and is 85
    Tiemoué Bakayoko: signed in a swap deal, he was 78 now he's worth 3.9M and is 84
    Mario Pašalić: signed in a swap deal, he was 76 now he's worth 4M and is 84
    Ibrahima Mbaye: signed for 320k, he was 75 now he's worth 4M and is 84
    Alen Halilović: signed for 1M+player, he was 75 now he's worth 3.5M and is 83
    Ahmet Çalık: signed for 500k, he was 75 now he's worth 4M and is 83

most of these took 6 months give or take.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I sign youths in the hope they rise. It doesn't have to be to 90+ just enough to make a profit or to use in part ex deals, if I get a couple of 90+ while I'm at it , even better :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Oh........ I actually got Jason Denayer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Colemania wrote: »
    Oh........ I actually got Jason Denayer :)

He's a good signing for you :)

As I stated....

I was agreeing with your post, calm down...I just didn't want to quote all that text.

I was agreeing with your post, calm down...I just didn't want to quote all that text.

Calm down??

So you post up an opinion. I respond by posting I'm in agreement and you respond half quoting me which looks like I acitally disagree and am looking to start an argument and I call you on it and I get the 'calm down'

Interesting.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

As I stated....

Calm down??

So you post up an opinion. I respond by posting I'm in agreement and you respond half quoting me which looks like I acitally disagree and am looking to start an argument and I call you on it and I get the 'calm down'

Interesting.....

Calm down...

Calm down??

Interesting.....

Whats interesting??? Your post was 2 or 3 above mine so no need to repeat the whole thing.

Seems to me like you're trying to stir.....Why bring up people giving out about it( which I haven't seen before) and then say you think it's fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Eh i dunno steered Aston Villa to victory against Tottenham Hotspur.
    Aston Villa beat Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Agbonlahor scored both of the goals for Aston Villa and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

2 wins on the bounce helps ease my relegation worries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

José Mourinho steered FC Schalke 04 to victory against Sevilla.
    FC Schalke 04 outclassed Sevilla and beat them 2 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Jurado scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Höger was also on the scoresheet for his side.

A badly needed win given my current form.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

A loss and another injury.

James Mcconville was unable to prevent a Paris Saint-Germain defeat to Liverpool.
    Paris Saint-Germain slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against Liverpool in their Division 1 fixture.
    Van Der Wiel was on the scoresheet for his side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Continue to struggle against PSV

Gunnar De Boer was unable to prevent a Ajax defeat to fierce rivals PSV.
    Ajax slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat against PSV in their Division 2 fixture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Lost the top of the table clash, Real now 6pts ahead :(

Sir Bobby Robson was unable to prevent a FC Porto defeat to Real Madrid.

FC Porto lost 4 - 2 to Real Madrid in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.

Malanda and De Bruyne were amongst the goalscorers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Took a gamble here:

This lad just signed for Club Brugge from Once Caldas in Colombia in RL.

Similar scenario to Carlos Bacca who came from colombia to Club Brugge to before he moved to sevilla. Same scouts that picked out Bacca picked out this lad.

The offer for José IZQUIERDO of Once Caldas from FC Porto has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Draw with Chelsea. My goals scored is pretty good so tried to shore up my defence with 5 at the back. it worked in that I kept a clean sheet but with no goals scored I've to settle for a draw

Jock Stein steered Juventus to victory against Atlético Madrid.
    Juventus beat Atlético Madrid 2 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Sánchez scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Finnbogason was also on the scoresheet for his side.

tumblr_n696kpWluK1tcbbyso1_400.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Beaten 2 1 at home to Udinese after taking an early second half lead. No complaints though seeing as how we only managed 33% possession.

Only 7 points clear of the trap door now. Bacon slicer time :(

Whats interesting??? Your post was 2 or 3 above mine so no need to repeat the whole thing.

Seems to me like you're trying to stir.....Why bring up people giving out about it( which I haven't seen before) and then say you think it's fine.

Reason I did that was to stop a bloody 2-3 page argument about the whole subject again, I'm pretty sure it was discussed before...

Case of crossed wires here mate, I'm not stirring anything and I've agreed with everything you've said, if anything you cutting my response in your quote makes it look like I was disagreeing with you which in the rest of my response I explained that I was not...

I was trying to put out a fire before it started, its not as easy as to just stick up a post saying your going to swap a player to get around the whole concept of concerns, that could be taken up as cheating..... wait for it, NOT BY ME I AGREE WITH THE IDEA.... I was merely stating that it could be seen that way and try save you and the other manager you were doing a swap with a headache in case it DID blow up, but anyway

lesson learned

Anyway.....

SS Lazio beat VfL Wolfsburg 2 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Traoré and Neymar were amongst the goalscorers.

Good to see Traore get off the mark and Neymar keep his hot streak going, clean sheet to boot....

Pity everyone else won around me too!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

It's all change lately at Estudiantes with three transfer dealings :

Free Agent Anwar EL GHAZI has completed his move to Estudiantes for 3,900,000. A bit of a hefty price but I like the look of this 19 year old from Ajax.

Honorato ÉDERSON has completed his move to Sampdoria from Estudiantes for 6,283,000. Good riddance. After your drop to 87 you just couldn't cut it here in Argentina any more.

Benoît COSTIL has completed his move to Estudiantes from Stade Rennais for 4,775,000 plus Vladimir GABULOV . All other offers were turned down. If I knew there were only going to be two suitors then I wouldn't have thrown in as much cash!! Still though, 88 rated 27 year old keeper playing in France to replace a 30 year old 88 rated Russian playing for Dynamo Moscow.

I'm still scouting for defenders though!!

• Advertisement

just found out that Silva Romarinho might/is heading to Shakhtar Donetsk and Nilmar will be heading to Corinthians as his replacement....

High_Five.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement