Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Iago wrote: »
    Sigh...

To think I was winning 2-0 before you had a player sent off ;)

We both had players sent off ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

SS Lazio slumped to a 3 - 2 defeat against VfB Stuttgart in their Division 3 fixture.
    Nainggolan and Traoré were amongst the goalscorers

Well that backfired! Still, big game up next!!!

Also, didn't spot earlier that Postiga is on his way to Gala, best of luck with him! He has served me well!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

We both had players sent off ;)

True, but you had to cope for far longer at 10 men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

10 man Atletico Madrid beat fierce rivals Real Madrid in their division one fixture.
    Gabi scored a goal and was later voted Man of the match for his performance.
    Cerci and Falcao were also amongst the goalscorers.

Up to second, massive win :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Got hammered 0-3 at home by man united ...

Dropped to 4th in the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Looking for a 90* - 91* Attacking mid.
    Willing to swap 90* Iturraspe + Cash.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy earned a draw with Estudiantes against AJ Auxerre.
    The match ended 1 - 1 between Estudiantes and AJ Auxerre in their Division 3 fixture.
    Zapata was on the scoresheet for his side.

Considering that it was in France, and that before the match both teams were on 35 points, and that, rating-wise, both teams are extraordinarily similar, I think I'll take a point form that. Unfortunately we've drifted four points off the playoffs though in ninth. We're still eleven clear of relegation though! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

VfB Stuttgart beat SS Lazio 3 - 2 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Cardozo had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Ibisevic and Boka were amongst the goalscorers.

Im unbeaten in every game so far that I've remembered to change my team :o
    A win against 2nd place. Cmon :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Eh i dunno earned a draw with Aston Villa against Liverpool.
    The match ended 3 - 3 between Aston Villa and Liverpool in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.
    Kaká, Nani and Tioté were amongst the goalscorers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Irish Goldberg steered Internazionale to victory against Anzhi.
    Internazionale beat Anzhi 2 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Cissé scored both of the goals for Internazionale and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Our yo yo season summed up in 1 game, a 3 all draw away to Besiktas. Would have taken a point before hand but disappointed seeing as we played all bar first 15 mins with 10 men.
    My best defender out for 3 games. Anybody feel like donating an 87 cb on loan?

Our yo yo season summed up in 1 game, a 3 all draw away to Besiktas. Would have taken a point before hand but disappointed seeing as we played all bar first 15 mins with 10 men.

You van have Manolas for 3 games from me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Jock Stein steered Juventus to a sweet victory against Dortmund.
    Juventus humiliated Dortmund and beat them 5 - 1 in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.
    Sánchez was impressive and scored a hat-trick, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Konoplyanka and Finnbogason were also amongst the goalscorers.

a tough but fair hammering :pac:

afl1.gif

I've a guy on loan from AC Milan, Nacho is over his injury so get on to AC about the guy I have, I'm sorted now

Zaccardo is his name, get on to AC about taking him for the rest of season mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

I've a guy on loan from AC Milan, Nacho is over his injury so get on to AC about the guy I have, I'm sorted now

Zaccardo is his name, get on to AC about taking him for the rest of season mate

Thanks for that, PM sent.
    eh i dunno wrote: »
    You van have Manolas for 3 games from me
    Randy Lerner is really looking after his investment as he won't allow him to go out on loan but thanks for the offer.

Seeing as many of the transfers on here are part exchange and mirror MLB I'm open to the NFL draft notion mentioned earlier!! Should be extended from 10 teams to the top 2 divisions and bottom 2 divisions so I'm more than happy to welcome a free signing from an upper mid table Division 2 team :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

swoody wrote: »
    Jock Stein steered Juventus to a sweet victory against Dortmund.
    Juventus humiliated Dortmund and beat them 5 - 1 in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.
    Sánchez was impressive and scored a hat-trick, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Konoplyanka and Finnbogason were also amongst the goalscorers.

a tough but fair hammering :pac:

afl1.gif

Bet mac claims he forgot to change his team :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

HÖWEDES, Benedikt listed for p/e. Just interested to see if there are offers there that may strengthen my team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Bet mac claims he forgot to change his team :p

I did change it today!

HÖWEDES, Benedikt listed for p/e. Just interested to see if there are offers there that may strengthen my team.

What :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Swoody

See this?

Originally Posted by swoody View Post
    If people are concerned about there own players, I think this is what's required to keep them happy:

The highest rated players expect to play in approximately 85% of games:

9 games by week 10
    19 games by week 22
    28 games by week 32
    33 games by week 38

90+ expect to play in approximately 75% of games:

8 games by week 10
    17 games by week 22
    24 games by week 32
    29 games by week 38

players expecting to be a substitute if you selected your first choice line-up and those rated 89 or above, will expect to play in approximately 30-40% of games:

3-4 games by week 10
    7-9 games by week 22
    10-13 games by week 32
    12-16 games by week 38

goalkeepers 88+ need to play in 90% of games:

9 games by week 10
    20 games by week 22
    29 games by week 32
    35 games by week 38

*sub appearances are only valued at a half an appearance.
    *cup games are also added in the 38 games.

Do SMFA games count (As well as cup and shield) towards assuaging the concerns of the over paid brats?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

bazarakus wrote: »
    Swoody
    Do SMFA games count (As well as cup and shield) towards assuaging the concerns of the over paid brats?

yes, every game counts.....

if you want 100% confirmation get tupac to ask one of the mods over in the soccermanager forum to confirm.

swoody wrote: »
    yes, every game counts.....

if you want 100% confirmation get tupac to ask one of the mods over in the soccermanager forum to confirm.

But random...

But I can post up over there if confirmation is required!

Is it just me or is the transfer window gone very quiet.haven't bought a first teamer in 3 months

Is it just me or is the transfer window gone very quiet.haven't bought a first teamer in 3 months

Thats because managers don't want cash. I've had quite a few big deals in the past 3 weeks and a few currently in the works.. But they all involve players

You're just looking in the wrong places, I've brought in 2 90s and have a couple of prospects en route in the last couple of days and let a couple of 89s and Eric Dier go in the opposite direction.

Would be more if other managers weren't so intractable :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

yeah definitely big time. I don't know what it is but I find that people are more happy to splash ridiculous amounts on average external players than buy from a managed club i.e I sold many players at face value to many to externals because I got zero bids for them but once they become available as externals there is a bit queue of clubs making bids on these players.

clubs do want cash, if they didn't they wouldn't be selling to externals. I have many players transfer listed for over a month and have received about one bid on the lot of them and if I do end up selling to externals I can guarantee there will again be big queues outbidding each other on these players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Although I'm losing a lot I'm happy with my team so no need for transfers, just need to figure out the right formation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Although I'm losing a lot I'm happy with my team so no need for transfers, just need to figure out the right formation.

that's exactly how I feel a lot of the top teams are thinking. they have all the money and are happy to sit there with there top class first team and big bank balance rather than invest there money in youth or something and this is why the transfer list is dead

modo85 wrote: »
    that's exactly how I feel a lot of the top teams are thinking. they have all the money and are happy to sit there with there top class first team and big bank balance rather than invest there money in youth or something and this is why the transfer list is dead

I've already transfer listed a bunch of players this week.

Balotelli
    Draxler
    Iturraspe
    Maggio

But people just put in crappy offers or just offer cash.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

modo85 wrote: »

Well I do buy youth, I bid on a few new player additions every week and normally add one or two a week. I was talking more about buying from other managed clubs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement