Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

first team I look at in division 1 valencia, they made 1 transfer all season and that was with an external.

next team I check is man utd- they have made 1 transfer all season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

modo85 wrote: »
    first team I look at in division 1 valencia, they made 1 transfer all season and that was with an external.

Look at others like Bayern, City, Porto, etc

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Look at others like Bayern, City, Porto, etc

yeah I know them team are very very active in the transfer market and fair play to them they are 'playing' the game but I wish more teams would be as active as these

Well they are playing, just not the way you want them to. If they aren't logging in then fair enough but if someone isn't active in transfers that's their own choice

• Advertisement

Well they are playing, just not the way you want them to. If they aren't logging in then fair enough but if someone isn't active in transfers that's their own choice

there was a question asked regarding the transfer window going quiet, this is just my opinion on why its gone quiet and nothing more

Ah yeah I know, that's fair enough :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm 90% happy with my team at the moment. Have Pedro up but not got an offer near the value of a 93 rated attacker yet. Would probably move Turan on too if the right offer came in. Problem being what I think is "right offer" seems to differ from what others want to offer :(

it is also very annoying when looking at the transfer list you find a player you like only to discover the club is unmanaged. is there any way to take these players off the transfer list?

modo85 wrote: »
    it is also very annoying when looking at the transfer list you find a player you like only to discover the club is unmanaged. is there any way to take these players off the transfer list?

Don't think so, it's very annoying

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I've already transfer listed a bunch of players this week.

Balotelli
    Draxler
    Iturraspe
    Maggio

But people just put in crappy offers or just offer cash.

Totally agree with this for instance I listed Moreno Rodrigo and had loads of offers along the line of an old 88 who was declining last few seasons plus 10m cash. Not exactly gonna sell him for those kinda offers.

I have two 89s in Fuchs and Goncul listed and who are only 27/28 and have had nothing but minimum cash offers which honestly I can't use. If I got a really good prospect as a straight swap I'd nearly do it but nothing's kicking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I've already transfer listed a bunch of players this week.

Balotelli
    Draxler
    Iturraspe
    Maggio

But people just put in crappy offers or just offer cash.
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm 90% happy with my team at the moment. Have Pedro up but not got an offer near the value of a 93 rated attacker yet. Would probably move Turan on too if the right offer came in. Problem being what I think is "right offer" seems to differ from what others want to offer :(
    Totally agree with this for instance I listed Moreno Rodrigo and had loads of offers along the line of an old 88 who was declining last few seasons plus 10m cash. Not exactly gonna sell him for those kinda offers.

I have two 89s in Fuchs and Goncul listed and who are only 27/28 and have had nothing but minimum cash offers which honestly I can't use. If I got a really good prospect as a straight swap I'd nearly do it but nothing's kicking.

The bit in bold is the key bit. YMMV

Values are relative and work both ways, if people are willing to negotiate then deals can mostly get done. Yes sometimes an offer will be miles out (on either side) but a lot of the time peoples expectations are just wrong and as highlighted before, everyone wants to be seen to be "getting the best of it"

I think most offers are reasonable from the perspective of the person placing them, whereas the receiving party often wants more in order to consider it reasonable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Wilfred bony and his huge potential are available for the right offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Wilfred bony and his huge potential are available for the right offer.

Anyone at villa interest you along with cash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

swoody wrote: »
    yes, every game counts.....

if you want 100% confirmation get tupac to ask one of the mods over in the soccermanager forum to confirm.

Nah mate not doin that. I never go on forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

bazarakus wrote: »
    Nah mate not doin that. I never go on forums.

not+sure+if+serious+_a3c87850b858e3bdd7d16ee8dcf5c0ea.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

Iago wrote: »
    You're just looking in the wrong places, I've brought in 2 90s and have a couple of prospects en route in the last couple of days and let a couple of 89s and Eric Dier go in the opposite direction.

Would be more if other managers weren't so intractable :D

I don't think some people like the back and forward of negotiations. I love it. Often I put in offers chancing my arm for players hoping to create a bit of a transfer tussle. Rarely happens though. Usually ends with a flat rejection. Didn't think I'd ever let Belhanda go. Turns out there was a deal to be made I was happy with. Took a bit of discussion though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Very rare someone's initial offer for any player is their max bid! Most often IMO itll just be a feeler too test the water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Very rare someone's initial offer for any player is their max bid! Most often IMO itll just be a feeler too test the water

I thought my offer of €5 Vodafone credit and a Kitkat chunky for Reus was fair... :(

I thought my offer of €5 Vodafone credit and a Kitkat chunky for Reus was fair... :(

I don't like chocolate bud!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

I don't think some managers get this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

I'm the opposite, ill always put in what i think is a fair bid for a player.
    Usually i get a stupid counter offer fired back at me!:D

The way i see it, most people want your best players but are only willing to exchange rubbish to get them, they then wonder why their counter bids are rejected!!

Maldjd23 wrote: »

The way i see it, most people want your best players but are only willing to exchange rubbish to get them, they then wonder why their counter bids are rejected!!

I think I'm the same. I usually give close enough to my best offer first otherwise the other manager just rejects and that's the end of it. I'm always open to counter offers but some are just ridiculous, not so much in this league but just the game in general

Maldjd23 wrote: »

Maybe your fair bid has people confused? Maybe they think like me it's only an opening bid! Ha ha!!

Maybe your fair bid has people confused? Maybe they think like me it's only an opening bid! Ha ha!!

Aye, the greedy feckers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Haha..Ya may be on to something there!!..:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Surely Delph is due a rise from 87 now that he plays for the great England team. And Manolas too now that he's signed for Juve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Surely Delph is due a rise from 87 now that he plays for the great England team. And Manolas too now that he's signed for Juve

Delph will get 88*
    Monales hasn't signed for Juve.. He signed for Roma. But if he plays well he'll rise.

Sure while we're at it. Muller to 95 anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Sure while we're at it. Muller to 95 anyone?

If he has a really good season he has a small chance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement