Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

La la land is where I think you spend your time making up prices for your players!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

La la land is where I think you spend your time making up prices for your players!

Or you know.. You'd realise (like most people) that they're joke counter offers.

I'll happily do deals with people who put in fair offers.. You only get a crazy counter offer if I think your bid is way off.

Fair enough no hassle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Dante for sale, part ex. Defender or striker preferable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Dante for sale, part ex. Defender or striker preferable

I'll give you 180 billion AND Danny welbeck for him???

No??

Please ???

Lads In all serious no need too take opening transfer bids too heart 99.9% of them are done too test the water and see what you come back with thats all! It's not an attack on your character!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Think that's the main thing people should realise a bit when sending back the snarky offers. I think valuations may differ but most people will open with a lower than fair bid, not to be insulting but to try and gauge the waters. If you respond back with a ludicrous offer, chances are the person will not deal wig you again in the future.

Right, fire back an offer that is more in your favour than theirs, and then work it out till a compromise is found. Or reject and give the reason why if you simply don't want to sell them. But the stupid counter offers (150m and two 99 rated players) I have gotten from some clubs in the past just make me go "ah **** off then! why bother".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

I've said it before, but I find anyone getting offended by an offer on a player hilarious! Why would that offend anyone??? I don't understand it...

Lord TSC wrote: »

Right, fire back an offer that is more in your favour than theirs, and then work it out till a compromise is found. Or reject and give the reason why if you simply don't want to sell them. But the stupid counter offers (150m and two 99 rated players) I have gotten from some clubs in the past just make me go "ah **** off then! why bother".

Really I don't see how someone you get pissed off.. Sure its only a game.

In my case I only sent in the counter off because Aston Villa constantly puts in the same offer... 20M cash + average player :pac:.

No harm intended.. If you want to do a deal just PM me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

I've said it before, but I find anyone getting offended by an offer on a player hilarious! Why would that offend anyone??? I don't understand it...

People get very attached to their players...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Really I don't see how someone you get pissed off.. Sure its only a game.

In my case I only sent in the counter off because Aston Villa constantly puts in the same offer... 20M cash + average player :pac:.

No harm intended.. If you want to do a deal just PM me.

Its ballotelli your selling not messi. He went for 16m in real life. I offered 24m and delph. And you replied with 150m and agbonlahor.

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Its ballotelli your selling not messi. He went for 16m in real life. I offered 24m and delph. And you replied with 150m and agbonlahor.

1st. SM transfers ain't anything like real life. So lets not compare..

2nd. Money is useless in this GW when it comes to big players. You should no that by now since most of your cash bids get rejected.

3rd. How many times have you offered me loads of cash and a average player that won't even make by back up team? I'll save you the trouble.. It was a lot.

4th. Most people would realise it was a joke counter offer.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    1st. SM transfers ain't anything like real life. So lets not compare..

2nd. Money is useless in this GW when it comes to big players. You should no that by now since most of your cash bids get rejected.

3rd. How many times have you offered me loads of cash and a average player that won't even make by back up team? I'll save you the trouble.. It was a lot.

4th. Most people would realise it was a joke counter offer.

There is only so much you can offer. My chairman sets the limits. I'll just do what others do and ignore you from now on

There is only so much you can offer. My chairman sets the limits. I'll just do what others do and ignore you from now on

Your choice I guess.
    Not my fault you take this too seriously.

People get very attached to their players...

So dont sell them, but the faux outrage is a way over the top reaction...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

For the record, it's not getting "offended" or "pissed off". Honestly, I wouldn't have the energy to get that way on such a game.

More, there'd be certain users (in fairness Blobby, not talking about you, just in general) who I'd never bother putting offers into or even PM because of the OTT replies I know I'm going to get, no matter what offer I put in. If someone is going to give a big "**** off" to me when I put in a bid, then I'll respect that and stay ****ed off away from them :P

Not an awful offer, but depends on Delph finally fulfilling that potential, which he looks like he may begin to do this season...

Not an awful offer, but depends on Delph finally fulfilling that potential, which he looks like he may begin to do this season...

Thought so myself and was only a few million off the max offer allowed. Delph played well the other night so hopefully he will continue to rise while Balotelli can't get into the Italy squad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

In fairness peoples opinion on what a decent offer is may vary. I remember when Luke Shaw was an 86 i was offered an old 89 for him, now i was never going to accept that offer but another manager may see that as an opportunity to immediately improve his starting 11. It all depends on how a manager decides to build his squad.

However i have also had managers offering me the bare minimum for some of my better players. They are not testing the waters, they are taking the piss plain and simple. These are usually the same managers asking for the moon and the stars when selling their players. That for me is the difference. These lads deserve stupid counter offers thrown back at them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I have barely enough time to set up me teams at the moment so deffo not have time to get upset about counter offers :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

José Mourinho steered FC Schalke 04 to victory against Athletic Club.
    FC Schalke 04 hammered Athletic Club 8 - 3 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Adrián scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Immobile and Neustädter were also amongst the goalscorers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

1 nil win against Bremen :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Urgh. Reckon I'll need to win half my games at least to have a chance of staying up. I ****ed this season up so badly.

3 new signings in the team tonight... New optimism to kick on to the end of the season... New CH to bolster the defence.... 3-0 loss to my old club and currently unmanaged LA Galaxy. Wonderful!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭jukebox2310

Top of table clash in Division 3 finished in a 2-2 draw between FC Twente and SS Lazio. Delighted with that result as it was best defence in the league against the best attack. Keeps me 5 points clear at the top

Another slip up tonight with a 1 -0 loss v Us Pal

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy was unable to prevent a Estudiantes defeat to AZ.
    Estudiantes slumped to a 3 - 2 defeat against AZ in their Division 3 fixture.
    Roux and Wendt were amongst the goalscorers.

2-1 up only for two last gasp strikes to rob all three points. We're in no better or worse position really though. Still eleven points clear of relegation and only four off the play-off spots. We're also still in the top half! :D

Considering where we were when I came back, avoiding relegation is still a priority. However, if we can nick a play-off spot then all the better!! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

My brutal run of form continues tonight after another loss at this stage Roma will be lucky to stay up...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

An undeserved point against Arsenal. Ill take it thou!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Top of table clash in Division 3 finished in a 2-2 draw between FC Twente and SS Lazio. Delighted with that result as it was best defence in the league against the best attack. Keeps me 5 points clear at the top

Had a late winner chalked off for offside which was NEVER offside!!!!!!!!!!!! Sooner they bring in video replays the better!

• Advertisement

tommycahir wrote: »
    My brutal run of form continues tonight after another loss at this stage Roma will be lucky to stay up...

No chance you get relegated... You're 15pts from relegation which would be enough to stay ahead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement