Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

gerp99 wrote: »
    I'm quite happy :D I'll miss Francks' mug though

This one?

FIFA-041-mug_large.jpeg?v=1402735120

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy earned a draw with Argentina against South Africa.
    The match ended 3 - 3 between Argentina and South Africa in a thrilling SMFA World Cup Qualifiers Group 4 encounter.
    Agüero scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Banega was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Ooops! In my defence, Aguero did have not one, but two goals ruled out after highly contentious and dubious offside decisions. So, you'll be unsurprised to find out that game was actually in South Africa. :D:D

Two games left in the group and I'm second on goal difference to Wales in third. Chile are already qualified. :pac: It's entirely possible that the world's best player won't be playing at the next World Cup. Oh well!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

England outclassed Jamaica and beat them 5 - 2 in a thrilling SMFA World Cup Qualifiers Group 7 encounter.

Rooney scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Lallana and Walcott were also amongst the goalscorers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    England outclassed Jamaica and beat them 5 - 2 in a thrilling SMFA World Cup Qualifiers Group 7 encounter.

Rooney scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Lallana and Walcott were also amongst the goalscorers.

tumblr_mt8kp2uLyL1s8nqiko1_400.gif

Ha! Conor Hourihane gets a bump of +1 just four days after I signed him! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Wilberto wrote: »
    Ha! Conor Hourihane gets a bump of +1 just four days after I signed him! :D:D

#ITK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Going along nicely at Everton. One more win and we'll hit the 40 point mark for the season and be safe in Division 1 for next season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

unkymo wrote: »
    Going along nicely at Everton. One more win and we'll hit the 40 point mark for the season and be safe in Division 1 for next season!

Well done. pushing for 40 myself, a decent run has me 8points from the magic 40. If I can get 10-12 points from the next 10 matches I'll be happy considering the season so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Muric saga is finally over!!!

whow!! where did 4.8m come from considering other peoples max bids were around the 4M mark

• Advertisement

Couldn't afford to enter the race for his signature. I guess I'll just have to make do with Anwar instead! :):D

They're both registered in the same positions anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

whow!! where did 4.8m come from considering other peoples max bids were around the 4M mark

I realise I way over paid but taking gambles on youth seems to be my best way of going forward to improve long term.

Now look at him turn into my very own Bebe!!

I realise I way over paid but taking gambles on youth seems to be my best way of going forward to improve long term.

Oh, no problem with your bid just wondering how your max bid was so much higher than the rest of us

You didn't overpay.....

Anything to get him to your club.. give him a few seasons and you Will see!

Really really highyly rated player over on the forums!

He is a highly rated player but, in fairness, he's no Jack Payne. :D :P
    Jack PAYNE has completed his move to Estudiantes from Southend United for 90,000

He's only 19 and he looks to have started the season quite well at Southend.

Plus, of course, he's another Southend United player to join Daniel Bentley!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Hope some of my youth get increases, sick of seeing youth that I signed for previous clubs increasing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

5 draws in my last 6 games :(

Neymar Jnr 11 steered SS Lazio to victory against Palmeiras.
    SS Lazio outclassed Palmeiras and beat them 3 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Oblak had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Herrera, Traoré and Boateng were amongst the goalscorers.

Good thing too.... Everyone else around us won too! Twente dropping points helps though!!

Hopefully the start of a good run for the next 9 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Matthew Scorr steered US Palermo to victory against Ajax.
    US Palermo beat Ajax 2 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Pirlo had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Firmino and Joaquín were amongst the goalscorers.

Thats 5 wins in a row and puts me in 10th only 3pts off a play-off place!
    Ribery was suspended for that game so he'll be having his debut against PSV.

Also its a bit mad that the 4 highest rated players are playing in DIV 2 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

4 wins in a row. I'll win the bloody thing at this rate! :p

• Advertisement

Willow Murphy earned a draw with Estudiantes against Udinese Calcio.
    The match ended 1 - 1 between Estudiantes and Udinese Calcio in their Division 3 fixture.
    Costil had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Roux was on the scoresheet for his side.

I tried to do a Jose Mourinho on it. Go 1-0 up early on and then park the bus for the rest of the game!! Still though, I'll gladly take a point away to Udinese with their 6 89 rated players, plus one 90. We only have the one!! And as for a 90 rated player, I don't think Estudiantes has ever seen one of those!! :D:D

I'm just still happy to be closer to the play-off positions than relegation (well, on points anyway).

Also, on the note of D3 relegation, it sure does look as if the three at the bottom are getting kind of cut off from the rest of the league. The gap now stands at 6 points between 18th placed Besiktas, and 17th placed Palmeiras.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

David James steered SSC Napoli to victory against Manchester City.
    SSC Napoli beat Manchester City 2 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.
    El Shaarawy scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Markovic was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Up to 2nd!! How the fook am i 2nd??....The rest of you losers should be hanging your heads in shame!!

Except Real Madrid obviously!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Oh, no problem with your bid just wondering how your max bid was so much higher than the rest of us

When I bid on him 4.8m was the maximum allowed by my chairman.
    You didn't overpay.....

Anything to get him to your club.. give him a few seasons and you Will see!

Really really highyly rated player over on the forums!

I have you to thank for his signing. First time bidding on a free agent. I was last to bid and had thought 2m would be more than enough to secure his services. Scrolled to the transfer section and see about 6 undisclosed bids and your undisclosed 3.9m bid. Thought 4.1m would be unlikely to win so went all in at 4.8m.
    You can have first dibs on him once his undisclosed minimum release fee is met!!

Anyways presenting him to the fans before the our game didn't exactly have the desired effect. A bloody 4 0 thumping to fellow strugglers Velez Sarsfield. 8 points clear of the drop zone with 9 games to go and we are in truly awful form, our only saving grace is that the bottom 3 can't get a run together but still loads of points up for grabs......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

With dwindling crowds and After losing 1-4 tonight inters manager ripped up the players league cup final suits for Tuesdays match and has decided on a more appropriate and humble outfit to suit inters current budget!

From This

322940.jpg
    To this!
    322941.jpg

When I bid on him 4.8m was the maximum allowed by my chairman.

I have you to thank for his signing. First time bidding on a free agent. I was last to bid and had thought 2m would be more than enough to secure his services. Scrolled to the transfer section and see about 6 undisclosed bids and your undisclosed 3.9m bid. Thought 4.1m would be unlikely to win so went all in at 4.8m.
    You can have first dibs on him once his undisclosed minimum release fee is met!!

Anyways presenting him to the fans before the our game didn't exactly have the desired effect. A bloody 4 0 thumping to fellow strugglers Velez Sarsfield. 8 points clear of the drop zone with 9 games to go and we are in truly awful form, our only saving grace is that the bottom 3 can't get a run together but still loads of points up for grabs......

As much as I've been waiting for him to be added to the DB, (my original pick for the race to reach 90 :D:D ) Keep him and put him in a deal for a big name mate, it will help you shoot up the leagues much quicker, or if your longer term, just sit back and wait for Robben V2 to develop ;)

A draw ...

Sir Bobby Robson earned a draw with FC Porto against Valencia.

The match ended 1 - 1 between FC Porto and Valencia in their Division 1 fixture.

Zuñiga was on the scoresheet for his side.

Only myself and Napoli improved their position in the table today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

My season is completely falling apart now, another loss tonight.. Luckily I have hit 40 points but looking at table now so have a lot of others and may need 1 or 2 more...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Wilberto wrote: »
    I tried to do a Jose Mourinho on it. Go 1-0 up early on and then park the bus for the rest of the game!! Still though, I'll gladly take a point away to Udinese with their 6 89 rated players, plus one 90. We only have the one!! And as for a 90 rated player, I don't think Estudiantes has ever seen one of those!! :D:D

High rated players mean nothing unless you have good tactics and that's something you have and I don't! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Eddy Mac earned a draw with Borussia Dortmund against Tottenham Hotspur.
    The match ended 1 - 1 between Borussia Dortmund and Tottenham Hotspur in their Division 1 fixture.
    Blaszczykowski was on the scoresheet for his side.

2 draws in last 2 games... Not bad considering they were against Spurs and Real Madrid

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

MrMac84 wrote: »
    2 draws in last 2 games... Not bad considering they were against Spurs and Real Madrid

We're even on points. Don't build me up to make yourself feel better :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement