Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Wilberto wrote: »
    I just saw this:

GT has sold a Belgian. O.M.G!!! :eek::eek::eek:

:D

He'll need to be signed in he's obviously losing it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭jukebox2310

So Inigo Martinez leaves FC Twente after the game tonight and heads off to Arsenal with Bacary Sagna and Rafael van der Vaart moving in the opposite direction. I am sure he will be nurtured at the Emirates and hopefully the experience of Sagna and van der Vaart will see FC Twente gain that promotion to Division 2.
    Thanks Inigo. You played a massive part in the promotion push and you will always be welcomed back to Twente should you wish to return.
    Hopefully we will send you away with a win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

A win would have made a big difference still gives me a chance.

Competition Message
    James Mcconville earned a draw with Paris Saint-Germain against SSC Napoli.
    The match ended 1 - 1 between Paris Saint-Germain and SSC Napoli in their Division 1 fixture.
    Silva scored the only goal for Paris Saint-Germain and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

So Inigo Martinez leaves FC Twente after the game tonight and heads off to Arsenal with Bacary Sagna and Rafael van der Vaart moving in the opposite direction. I am sure he will be nurtured at the Emirates and hopefully the experience of Sagna and van der Vaart will see FC Twente gain that promotion to Division 2.
    Thanks Inigo. You played a massive part in the promotion push and you will always be welcomed back to Twente should you wish to return.
    Hopefully we will send you away with a win

Delighted with this, been chasing Martinez for ages!
    Bit of a risk trading two 90+ players but both the wrong side of 30 and it doesn't really weaken my first team to much.

Tip of the hat for a quick deal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Real Madrid slumped to a 2 - 0 defeat to Manchester City in their Division 1 fixture.

Leaves me a precarious 3 point gap to Athletico....Pressure is on.

• Advertisement

3-0 win over 3rd place Flamengo and Lazio lose too leaves me 8 pts clear with 3 games to go. 2 new signings in too so safe to say I am happy this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

3-0 win over 3rd place Flamengo and Lazio lose too leaves me 8 pts clear with 3 games to go. 2 new signings in too so safe to say I am happy this evening

Is it not 5 more games?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Beaten well by Twente 3-0,probably shouldn't have gone attacking when the opposition are better rated in most positions on the field :o
    3 loss's in a row,could fall out of the playoffs at this rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Beaten well by Twente 3-0,probably shouldn't have gone attacking when the opposition are better rated in most positions on the field :o
    3 loss's in a row,could fall out of the playoffs at this rate.

Makes no odds, I went all attack with better players and lost too :D:D

Its a case of who will stumble over the line :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

So losing 2-0 to Atléti thought "oh well" then get it back to 2-2 and I'm getting my "2-0 down, 3-2 up ..." song ready ...
    But
    Game peters out and in the 88th min I reach for the "close" x at the corner of the window
    Then
    89 minute "VALERO receives the ball from wide and hits an instant pass to Radamel FALCAO."
    Falcao? They've got Falcao??
    "FALCAO elects to side-foot rather than go for power.
    Goal GOAL!! - ABBIATI can't react in time and the ball ends up in the back of the net."

Oops

I love this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Matthew Scorr steered US Palermo to victory against Portsmouth.
    US Palermo beat Portsmouth 2 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Tévez scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Koscielny was also on the scoresheet for his side.

That moves me up to 6th which puts me 3pts off a playoff place. Crazy to think I was only 8pts off relegation a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Comic Book Guy earned a draw with Hanover against Estudiantes de LP.
    The match ended 1 - 1 between Hanover and Estudiantes de LP in their Division 3 fixture.
    Rodríguez was on the scoresheet for his side.

Baring a bizarre run of results at the bottom of the table that result confirms Division 3 security for both sides and also ends whatever small outside chance either team had of getting the final play-off spot.

JamboMac wrote: »
    Is it not 5 more games?

My mistake. A bit less happy now....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Real Madrid slumped to a 2 - 0 defeat to Manchester City in their Division 1 fixture.

Leaves me a precarious 3 point gap to Athletico....Pressure is on.

Exciting times at the top of the table.
    I thought you had run away with it a few games back, didn't even conceive I was in with a chance of catching you.

Game on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Eh i dunno steered Aston Villa to victory against AS Roma.
    Aston Villa outclassed AS Roma and beat them 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Nani was on the scoresheet for his side.

Back into the top 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

tonic wine wrote: »
    Exciting times at the top of the table.
    I thought you had run away with it a few games back, didn't even conceive I was in with a chance of catching you.

Game on :D

Looking back it was probably a mistake leaving my top goal scorer and top assister in Cavani leave :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

First of my 'games agaisnt the 4 teams around me and .....

Sir Bobby Robson was unable to prevent a FC Porto defeat to Arsenal.

FC Porto slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat to Arsenal in their Division 1 fixture.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Comic Book Guy earned a draw with Hanover against Estudiantes de LP.
    The match ended 1 - 1 between Hanover and Estudiantes de LP in their Division 3 fixture.
    Rodríguez was on the scoresheet for his side.

Baring a bizarre run of results at the bottom of the table that result confirms Division 3 security for both sides and also ends whatever small outside chance either team had of getting the final play-off spot.

Willow Murphy earned a draw with Estudiantes de LP against Hanover.
    The match ended 1 - 1 between Estudiantes de LP and Hanover in their Division 3 fixture.
    Roux scored the only goal for Estudiantes de LP and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

I'll take a point from that game. Thought we could have won but we had nothing to play for anyway really. The next 5 games of the season are going to be extremely boring!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Another loss, in a bit of trouble now. Disaster if I get relegated

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Another loss, in a bit of trouble now. Disaster if I get relegated

Has caught out big teams before .... Barca, Chelsea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

modo85 wrote: »
    salomon rondon 89 rated cruzeiro up for auction, best bid secures

any zenith fans out there fancy cheering rondon on in the champions league?

deadline 10pm sunday night

rondon is heading to sporting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Lost 2-1 to Spurs and I couldn't care less! My Everton team are safe in Division 1 for next season. Have a few players with concerns so i'll probably play them for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

Chelsea 5 -1 winners away to Dortmund. Last week losing 4-0 to Milan, bring Lukaku on with 30 minutes to go and he scores a hattrick. Been a stop start season for me. Great battle going for places 3 to 8.

rondon is heading to sporting

Rondon staying with cruzeiro for the time being, sporting plugged the plug on it after it was accepted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

The offer for Mitchell TE VREDE of Feyenoord from SS Lazio has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

8 games, 5 goals for Pelle's replacement!

Rondon staying with cruzeiro for the time being, sporting plugged the plug on it after it was accepted

Can't believe previous manager of Hanover let him go on a straight 14m cash deal, any chance he has a buy back clause for peanuts buried in his contract?!

Can't believe previous manager of Hanover let him go on a straight 14m cash deal, any chance he has a buy back clause for peanuts buried in his contract?!

cant believe you spent half that money buying a 77 rated goalkeeper :p

cant believe you spent half that money buying a 77 rated goalkeeper :p

Major flaw in my new transfer policy alright!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Major flaw in my new transfer policy alright!!

I don't know. At 6 foot 7 he can probably just fill the goal. Utd will probably put him on a high fat diet so he can just stand there and block it completely.

Actually, can you imagine if a team did that though? Hire an enormous fatty just to block the goal? It would nearly work and all if they were big enough!!

• Advertisement

So ...

Someone recently commented ...
    Wilberto wrote: »
    GT has sold a Belgian. O.M.G!!! :eek::eek::eek:

:D

Well here's the thing ...I might move on a few more ...

as a pre cursor to this ... I did a deal with City recently which ended up being :: Hulk = Rugani + Zivkovic + Praet + 10m

I'm looking for a similar type deal ...

I'm willing to part with some of ...

Bruno Massimo | (21yr 86)| (BEL)| (RB Salzburg)
    Luis Cavanda | (23yr 85)| (BEL)| (SS Lazio)
    Diego Lopes| (20yr 83) | (BRA) | (Rio Ave)
    Oliveira Matheus| (20yr 78) | (BRA) | (Flamengo)
    Ivan Mocinic | (21yr 83) | (CRO) | (HNK Rijeka)
    Said Wesley| (19yr 78) | (FR) | (Stade Rennais))
    Hirving Lozano| (19yr 80) | (MEX) | (Pachuca)
    Borja Martinez | (19yr 76) | (ES) | (A.Madrid)
    Jeroen Lumu | (19yr 80) | (NL) | (SC Heerenveen)
    Lorenzo Tassi| (19yr 75) | (IT) | (FC Porto)
    CASH | $$$ | £££ | €€€

Give me a shout on chat or PM if you have a deal that might suit both of us

PS: I understand there might not be a deal out there but its worth a try ...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement