Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Had 2 suspended and 2 injured a few weeks ago but normally I'm fine. Think with everyone fit I've 3 x 91s and an 89 on the bench. I'd let Dante go for a couple of 90s. Would like a 90/91 striker but Musa will do for now to cover Aguero and Muller

I'll take my Junior Hoillett any day over that lot!! :D :P :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

Really hoping Flamengo get promoted, great rival when I managed Werder Bremen last season and this will be his second straight promotion with them!

Routing for Celtic in div 4 for the playoffs he just missed out last year!

How good I forget Lazio for the div 3 play offs!

Good luck lads!

I have to get there first! Have had a horrific second half of the season after such a promising start. If I'm honest Rangers will deserve to go up in the playoffs but I certainly won't be rooting for them! ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ahead of the mad rush, I'll issue the usual transfer post; pretty much everyone is for sale at Spurs, though some players will need a pretty decent "like for like" replacement. If I sell a 90, I'd really like a 90 with similar potential in to replace him.

It's unlikely Lloris, Schurlle or Modric will be going anywhere; would have to be a monster offer to get any of them off me. Turan, Pedro, Walker, Vertonghen, Boateng, Montolivo, Nagatomo may all go in "like-for-like" sales but will happily retain their services if I feel I can't get the same in/get improvements. And may offer Demichelis (89) and another for a good 87 or 88 younger defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Level with Palermo going into the final Matchday for the final playoff spot, way more nervous about this than I should be :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

It'll likely be a quiet summer in Donetsk. I've had a couple of players drop in rating but I'm not certain how I'd replace them as I've sold off most of the better players to change the squad previously.

Rossi and Diego Lopez are the only players I've got left with the value to trade out for the right players coming in. Both could go to the right offer I guess. Otherwise it is same again.

I had a great first half to season three and was in the top two for most of the year that time then had a shocking second half of the season. Then for seaosn four I had a shocking start and a great second half. Need to try to combine the first half of last year with the second half of this one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

Lads if any teams are looking to get rid of their scrap there is a lad down in cruzeiro that is setting up a scrapyard and will take most scrap at a reasonable price..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Off season for Lazio??

Balotelli is a done deal, I'm still shopping for 1 maybe 2 players but nothing is looking likely.....

I will be letting the likes of Canales, Vazquez go I may also sell L Traore if the offer is right...

Other than that, squad trimming I'd say, not much happening here either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Won't be anything at all happening at FC Schalke 04 I'd say anyway. Would like a good younger keeper and was willing to giver Cesar (hes Benficas starying goalkeeper now) plus a good youth but couldnt find a deal unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

JamboMac wrote: »
    Only need to win 10 nil in both games and hope Liverpool lose big time(so possible:rolleyes:).

Ive been playing my reserves the last three games with the hope you can catch me.. Go all out attack next game.. I will have reserves out again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

One game left, massively behind on GD to Barca.

Need Sunderland to do me a favour and Inter to not turn up preferably ;)

• Advertisement

As always my door is open to mutually beneficial deals.

Only Auba is relatively close to being a non-starter, but even he has his price :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Did I see that Inter got stuffed at the weekend against Managerless Portsmouth? I think they're off on their summer holidays already so you might be lucky.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Did I see that Inter got stuffed at the weekend against Managerless Portsmouth? I think they're off on their summer holidays already so you might be lucky.

Always cautious after a team has a bad performance, they'll have something to prove this time around!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I'm not 100% sure why I'm doing this or even if I will do it ....

FCP are inviting offers on THIAGO, Alcántara. :eek:

I will be making bids public
    If I feel the bids arent good enough, I wont be selling ...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Anwar El Ghazi gets a much deserved +4 to 80. Still nowhere near my starting squad (obviously) but at least now he's worth at least half of what I paid for him!! :D:D :P :P

On our own potential transfer activities, we're a tight nit bunch down here in Argentina and, with rising air fares in and out of the country, it's unlikely that any player (either incoming or outgoing) will be willing to fork out such an exorbitant fee that is being asked by each of the available airlines. It's a shame, but I don't think Ryanair do flights to Argentina.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Every player at villa has a price. Want to lower my squad size. Nani kaka and soldado are the only ones who wont be going anywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Karlo Lulic is gone to Sampdoria since September, be interesting to see how he gets on there.

Some big names missing out on the off season World Cup. Ecuador, Portugal, and, rather amazingly, Brazil.

Lord TSC, perhaps you'd like to explain how you let both Cameroon and Israel beat you to the top two spots? :D :P :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Every player at villa has a price. Want to lower my squad size. Nani kaka and soldado are the only ones who wont be going anywhere

So not every player at Villa has a price??!!..:D:D

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    So not every player at Villa has a price??!!..:D:D

I'm actually tempted to edit his post for accuracy!

"Nearly every player......"

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

Don't think we will be able to deal on this one as I'm thin on the ground but for IMO (bar possibly Pogba) THE, yes THE best midfield player (not currently) playing football today you should get SOME deal! :eek::eek:

Sorry ... should have said ... CASH alone isnt goin to buy him I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Don't think we will be able to deal on this one as I'm thin on the ground but for IMO (bar possibly Pogba) THE, yes THE best midfield player (not currently) playing football today you should get SOME deal! :eek::eek:

Ahem..Joe Allen....:D:D:D

Wilberto wrote: »
    Anwar El Ghazi gets a much deserved +4 to 80. Still nowhere near my starting squad (obviously) but at least now he's worth at least half of what I paid for him!! :D:D :P :P

On our own potential transfer activities, we're a tight nit bunch down here in Argentina and, with rising air fares in and out of the country, it's unlikely that any player (either incoming or outgoing) will be willing to fork out such an exorbitant fee that is being asked by each of the available airlines. It's a shame, but I don't think Ryanair do flights to Argentina.

Kishna also got +2, happy enough with that! he seems to be getting game time recently too again so hopefully Ajax can produce 2 more gems in those 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    Ahem..Joe Allen....:D:D:D

you spelt Billy Dennehy wrong. ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wilberto wrote: »
    Some big names missing out on the off season World Cup. Ecuador, Portugal, and, rather amazingly, Brazil.

Lord TSC, perhaps you'd like to explain how you let both Cameroon and Israel beat you to the top two spots? :D :P :D :pac:

Oh yeah, I should probably look at International games sometime.... :pac:

Honestly, I keep meaning to quit int. football. Zero interest in it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

swoody wrote: »

Best post in this thread!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

swoody wrote: »

Now you have spelt tom cleverly wrong!

Doesnt look like its going to happen ... considering the quality player Thiago is ... none of the offers are screaming at me

SSC Napoli - 0k + Eduardo SALVIO + Xherdan SHAQIRI.
    Sporting CP - 18.0M + Alessandro FLORENZI.
    Celtic - 10.8M + Mevlüt ERDING + Soriano BRUNO.
    Bayern München - 0k + John Obi MIKEL + Ahmed MUSA.
    US Palermo - 0k + Andrea PIRLO + Kolbeinn SIGTHORSSON.
    Atlético Madrid - 5.0M + Lucas OCAMPOS + Raúl GARCÍA.
    Tottenham Hotspur - 2.5M + Riccardo MONTOLIVO + Iago ASPAS.
    Athletic Club - 0k + Manolo GABBIADINI + Nicolás GAITÁN .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Atlético Madrid outclassed Borussia Dortmund and beat them 3 - 1 in their SMFA Shield Semi Final Leg 2 fixture.

Falcao scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Koke and Navas were also amongst the goalscorers.
    Atlético Madrid went through 5 - 2 on aggregate.

Playing Arsenal in the final.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement