Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Cruel, cruel ending to the season :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Sigh, Sunderland did us a favor but my lads bottled it.

Well done Barca, well deserved in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

JamboMac wrote: »
    Will the miracle happen can PSG stay up.

Simple answer, NO!

I did my bit for ya!!..Kinda shamful how i scraped a win against a team of complete reserves thou!:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

mackeire wrote: »
    SPARTAK MOSKVA started off today in 18th place in D2. 2 points behind psv.

Went 1 nil down to ajax after 1 minute then won 3-1 ;)
    Psv lost their game 2-0 so jumped ahead of them and stayed up.

Sorry psv

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    I did my bit for ya!!..Kinda shamful how i scraped a win against a team of complete reserves thou!:(:(

I'm gonna take it as a reverse league, whoever finished bottom had better tactics. Doesn't make a lot of sense but this game engine is f?€;:d.

Thanks for trying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

TheGunns wrote: »
    Cruel, cruel ending to the season :(

If it makes you feel any better I'll probably be missing Koscielny,Tevez and Ribery and probably will be knocked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    If it makes you feel any better I'll probably be missing Koscielny,Tevez and Ribery and probably will be knocked out.
    I'd expect you or Leverkusen to go through. That said, my tactics are modeled off Zenit from a few seasons ago :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Well done City, great way to win it on the last day! It was an exciting finish to the season.

Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭jukebox2310

FC Twente finish the season with 2-1 win over Galatasaray. The win knocked Galatasaray out of the top 6 but as promised to be fair to all involved I felt it was only right to put out full strength team. Sorry Galatasaray. Delighted to be champions and looking forward to Division 2 football next season

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Only 2 teams won away from home on the final match day in Division 3,one was the champions Twente and the other were Flamengo with a 2-1 win at Auxerre which confirmed their second place finish.

Udinese,Lazio,Shanghai and Sao Paulo now contest the playoffs and its hard to pick a favourite out of that.
    Also congrats on Flamengo getting 2nd and automatic promotion to Div 2, his second promotion in 2 seasons, well done lad! :D
    Thanks,wasn't expecting it at the start of the season,was hoping for a mid table finish and the big push the next season.Then Eto started scoring and went on a bit of run,us and Lazio seemed to be battling it out for ages for 2nd as we had a fair bit of a gap out on the chasing pack then we both started to fall apart at the same time! managed to scrape 2 wins at the end of the season to just about make it over the line....and now to battle relegation next season :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

JamboMac wrote: »
    Division 2 here I come once again dominate the game in every aspect and lose.

Sorry :(

Still, Pedro and Schurrle do the business and top off a standard mid-table season for Spurs. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Any idea when the playoffs fixtures will be posted ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

FC Twente finish the season with 2-1 win over Galatasaray. The win knocked Galatasaray out of the top 6 but as promised to be fair to all involved I felt it was only right to put out full strength team. Sorry Galatasaray. Delighted to be champions and looking forward to Division 2 football next season

No worries, I don't expect anything else, I want to get up without any favours!

See ya up there next season! :P

Not going to lie this is my fav part of the game! Hopefully the big deals will start happening sooner rather than later!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Well played everyone, congrats to the winners and good luck to those in the play offs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Any idea when the playoffs fixtures will be posted ?

they'll be this saturday and monday. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Mup outta that..... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Well done to the City manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Pique out of the cup final with injury, joining Bale who is suspended....

:(

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ahead of the mad rush, I'll issue the usual transfer post; pretty much everyone is for sale at Spurs, though some players will need a pretty decent "like for like" replacement. If I sell a 90, I'd really like a 90 with similar potential in to replace him.

It's unlikely Lloris, Schurlle or Modric will be going anywhere; would have to be a monster offer to get any of them off me. Turan, Pedro, Walker, Vertonghen, Boateng, Montolivo, Nagatomo may all go in "like-for-like" sales but will happily retain their services if I feel I can't get the same in/get improvements. And may offer Demichelis (89) and another for a good 87 or 88 younger defender.

Will repost this. Modric looks to be on the way out already though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

Well done Barca and Newcastle on gaining promotion to div1 hope I can join ye up there!

Who is joining Spurs?

ibrahimovic15.jpg

Thats right!

Modric and Aspas on their way to City, Ibravimovic joining Spurs for next season. Thanks to the City manager for easy negotiations and a pleasent experience :)

Let Crazy Season begin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

swoody wrote: »
    they'll be this saturday and monday. ;)

So what's the story with the playoffs? Will players that play on Saturday be wrecked for the final? Not counting my eggs before they've hatched but just asking.

Also, I'm playing Shanghai and not Sao Paulo as I had thought! Will be a very tough match

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy steered Estudiantes de LP to victory against Stuttgart.
    Estudiantes de LP outclassed Stuttgart and beat them 1 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Costil had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Nedelev was on the scoresheet for his side.

A Todor Nedelev penalty was enough to see us win our final game of the season in front of our own fans in what was otherwise a very even game. The season ends with Estudiantes De LP finish 13th on 51 points, just 9 points off the play-off, a whopping 17 clear of relegation, and playing under a different name from when we started the season. :D

Not bad considering where Estudiantes were when I came back to take charge one more.

Hopefully next season we can mount a little challenge for the play-off spots and get into the final (again! :D).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Fair play to City on a good triumph but I cant help but be left with a bitter taste after my shocking run of results at the end...Anyway roll on next season where we'll be back stronger:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Wilberto wrote: »
    A Todor Nedelev penalty was enough to see us win our final game of the season in front of our own fans in what was otherwise a very even game. The season ends with Estudiantes De LP finish 13th on 51 points, just 9 points off the play-off, a whopping 17 clear of relegation, and playing under a different name from when we started the season. :D

Not bad considering where Estudiantes were when I came back to take charge one more.

Hopefully next season we can mount a little challenge for the play-off spots and get into the final (again! :D).

One place below you in 14th after a 1 all away draw at AZ. Dominated but didn't take our chances.
    Well done to Flamengo, back to back promotions is some achievement. Division 3 play-offs are very difficult to call, only 4 points covers the 4 of them, Best of luck to ye all!
    Looks very tough division next season with Espanyol and Sporting both having squads well capable of following Flamengo's achievement.

Wilberto I would be happy enough to take your 13th place next season!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Colemania wrote: »
    Sound for nabbing all the young fellas Real Madrid :P

I plan on having a Hunger gamesesque preseason where those who impress get contracts and those who faulter are brutally murdered(or just released:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Colemania wrote: »
    So what's the story with the playoffs? Will players that play on Saturday be wrecked for the final? Not counting my eggs before they've hatched but just asking.

Also, I'm playing Shanghai and not Sao Paulo as I had thought! Will be a very tough match

yip! they will be knackered.

some will slip up on saturday and/or monday trying to win the trophy because of their unfit players.

UPpc9EY.gif

resize?key=1e6a1a1efdb011df84894040444cdc60&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedia%2FBmT9aiTIEAAi7K2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭gerp99

Manchester City have won Division 1!

Delighted to win. Think its the first time I am top all season. Unlucky to both Madrid clubs especially Real! Cheers for the congrats everyone :D

• Advertisement

Pity.....

Was just getting used to it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement