Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I presume you mean cost us players?

If so then that would be the whole reason for it Mac, those teams may as well be unmanaged as is, and someone that could have a real interest in the game might take one of those teams...

I've said this before and I'll say it again, it's time to stop worrying about this sort of player and start worrying about the regulars!

There was a reason for that poll day 1, and nothing has changed

Are we going with 14 or 21 days lads ? Ill change too what ever lads think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I reckon 21, 14 is too tight ...(no, there is no pun or inuendo in that!!)

Holiday mode only available to GOLD managers AND no one is using the thread here to announce they might be away for a while ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

We'll have to go for another vote Mac or lads will be going in circles, I say just two options, 14 & 21 days, fair enough lads?

If it is, let me know and I'll throw the poll up lads.

If it is, let me know and I'll throw the poll up lads.

drive on I'd say ... only leave it valid for 4-5 days ... regular user will have voted in that time

Polls, up 14 & 21 days options, it will close 7 days from now. Get voting lads and let's get this sorted.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057317129#

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

PMSL :pac::pac:
    That really is terrible :D

Oh by the way Mac, can you fire out a GW PM to all the managers telling them of the vote ASAP please?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

Holiday mode only available to GOLD managers AND no one is using the thread here to announce they might be away for a while ...
    tonic wine wrote: »
    PMSL :pac::pac:
    That really is terrible :D

I'm just glad that I wouldn't have even thought about it that way if you hadn't mentioned it, and that it actually took a few seconds before I even got it.

I'd like to keep my fragile and innocent mind thanks very much! :D :P :pac:

Just going to leave this here once... dont want to take from the boards thread

Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Put Adrien Silva from Sporting (RL) on the transfer list but then had second thoughts after thinking that I saw somewhere that he was playing well recently. Then looked him up on Wiki and saw he got Sporting's player of the season last year......

+1 this morning to 88 :)

Hector Herrera got +1 to 88 this morning also!

My god i've way too much centre mids now! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Ok the following are for sale at Udinese (well the players that I think people would be interested in, not the players under 86)

Yassine Benzia (85) is no longer for sale. Don't need any more squad fillers so I'm going to wait and see how he grows.

Glik (87)
    Civelli (88)
    F. Johnson (87)
    Bedimo (88)
    Siquiera (89) Looking for a striker for this guy as I have a lot of left backs now. I feel there'll be a lot of interest in him....
    Flaimini (89)
    Mavuba (90) Again, had some interest but very poor offers
    Fletcher (90)
    Adrien (88) Just got a rise as per my last post and doing very well for sporting.
    Herrera (88) Star of the World Cup for Mexico and started the season well for Porto. Would be looking for a pretty good offer
    Ilicic (89) Got this guy last season with a few raised eyebrows. Playing very well for Fiorentina and again, would want a good offer

If you see any players under 87 that I haven't named (except Benzia), make an offer and I may do a deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Nani gets -1 this morning despite his decent season for sporting

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Nani gets -1 this morning despite his decent season for sporting

the bold bit is the problem I think ...a decent season at United and he might have retained his rating

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, the Portugese leagues aren't exactly highly rated.

Andreas Samaras gets a +2 to 87, meaning I have a new backup CM now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah, the Portugese leagues aren't exactly highly rated.

Andreas Samaras gets a +2 to 87, meaning I have a new backup CM now :D

Portuguese league has officially leapfrogged Seria A in the rankings.... There was a lot of talk about it before the Juve vs Benfica Europa game last season....

I'd expect to see more 90s in Portugal now because of that....

Happy enough to finally see some utd players finally drop too!! Nani was lucky to hold his 90 imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Alex Sandro got a +1 to 90 with Porto so at least there is a chance in Portugal that players will rise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've managed once again to avoid any player increases. Good to see - I hate having selection problems.

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    Alex Sandro got a +1 to 90 with Porto so at least there is a chance in Portugal that players will rise.

which is a pitty coz I got rid of players because of being in Portugal ... Sandro, Danilo, ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Portuguese league has officially leapfrogged Seria A in the rankings.... There was a lot of talk about it before the Juve vs Benfica Europa game last season....

I'd expect to see more 90s in Portugal now because of that....

Happy enough to finally see some utd players finally drop too!! Nani was lucky to hold his 90 imo

where's the conformation? or was it on skysports earlier and i missed it? :confused::o

link or GTFO!

martins indi is not impressed that porto got increases and he was overlooked.

BvpJQlfIYAAP1GA.png

swoody wrote: »
    where's the conformation? or was it on skysports earlier and i missed it? :confused::o

link or GTFO!

martins indi is not impressed that porto got increases and he was overlooked.

BvpJQlfIYAAP1GA.png

http://www.espnfc.com/uefa-europa-league/story/1805586/juventus-exit-in-europa-league-to-benfica-hits-italys-uefa-ranking

Like I said ;)

Really, some of the self professed 'Serie A experts' need to realize that in fact there ARE other leagues out there........

Wrong... ha!!!

• Advertisement

Like I said ;)

Really, some of the self professed 'Serie A experts' need to realize that in fact there ARE other leagues out there........

Wrong... ha!!!
    Although that does not mean any change in the allocation of berths in Europe for the next two seasons at least

:pac:

by then Juve, Roma, Napoli, Inter and Fiorentina, will have out performed Benfica, Sporting and Porto in europe by a counrtry mile.....so no change.

;)

swoody wrote: »
    Although that does not mean any change in the allocation of berths in Europe for the next two seasons at least

by then Juve, Roma, Napoli, Inter and Fiorentina, will have out performed Benfica, Sporting and Porto in europe by a counrtry mile.....so no change.

;)

Never said they didn't mate and never said the allocation of spots would change, ALL I said was that Portugal will be ranked above Italy, which it will, going by this quote:

Juventus' failure to reach the Europa League final after losing to Benfica on aggregate means Italy has been demoted to fifth in UEFA's five-year rankings.

Reason I remembered is because I was watching the game last season and they would not stop going on about it and how much of a blow it was to Italian football, either way in terms of SM, players playing in Portugal SHOULD now achieve 90 status easier....

Should, after all this is SM :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Change 1st team squad...0 players playing in Portugal
    Change youth team squad...0 players playing in Portugal

.....Yes that is a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

;)

Never said they didn't mate and never said the allocation of spots would change, ALL I said was that Portugal will be ranked above Italy, which it will, going by this quote:

Juventus' failure to reach the Europa League final after losing to Benfica on aggregate means Italy has been demoted to fifth in UEFA's five-year rankings.

Reason I remembered is because I was watching the game last season and they would not stop going on about it and how much of a blow it was to Italian football, either way in terms of SM, players playing in Portugal SHOULD now achieve 90 status easier....

Should, after all this is SM :D[/QUOTE]

Does that mean many players in Italy will drop?

JamboMac wrote: »
    Does that mean many players in Italy will drop?
    NO! (but depends on which club/s your on about.)

Juve and Roma are only going up, Sampdoria and Udinese should see a few increase as they're both flying and playing well. both Milan clubs are meh! (personal opinion) Napoli and Fiorentina are shotting blanks in the league but are doing fine in Europe. i'd look at Sassuolo, Genoa as possible money makers but their best players are already poached i think.

SoccerWiki who run the rating to increase/decrease are a bunch of morons who seem to only work on the players/teams they like. i dont think they watch much football tbh....

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Change 1st team squad...0 players playing in Portugal
    Change youth team squad...0 players playing in Portugal

.....Yes that is a problem.

3627427+_d2619d933cacc26620cad51be738f6fd.jpg

lazio having fun with sporting i see or is it the other way round with sportings counters? :D

going to have to unshortlist all their players I reckon :)

Ruben Neves with a +4 to 80

Bernardo Silva with a +2 to 82

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Anyone know is there a schedule for reviewing the leagues or anything?
    Specifically when is the PL gonna be reviewed?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement