Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

I said good thing he is NOT paying any attention to this thread, that means he is ignoring what people are saying and pressing ahead with deals.....

In fact he is doing even more deals so.....

Edit... Unless your Palermo? In which case I get ya!! Lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I think he is Palermo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Hope to at least stay undefeated away to Ajax tonight but it would be nice to win all the same.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Let me clear a few things up. When I take over a club I like to have a total overhaul of the team and build with a base. I sell any players I don't need and anyone who benefits from this should grab it with both hands and run. Like it or lump it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Right, I've formed stronger opinions in the last few minutes.....

Accepted bids for Mertesacker (Athletic Club - 0k + Andrea RANOCCHIA + Robbie BRADY )
    and Vermaelen (Hamburger SV - 1.3M + Rod FANNI + Téofilo GUTIÉRREZ)

They seem very one-sided, and I'd love to know the managers reasoning behind selling these players.

Good thing Ribery is transfer banned....

Edit - you've addressed this in your post at ..38, same time as I originally posted this - Wouldn't be my way of doing it, but like I said earlier, each to their own! My opinion has now eased back to curiosity....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Spurs away, would settle for a draw but really should be winning with the team I have

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Right, I've formed stronger opinions in the last few minutes.....

Accepted bids for Mertesacker (Athletic Club - 0k + Andrea RANOCCHIA + Robbie BRADY )
    and Vermaelen (Hamburger SV - 1.3M + Rod FANNI + Téofilo GUTIÉRREZ)

They seem very one-sided, and I'd love to know the managers reasoning behind selling these players.

Good thing Ribery is transfer banned....

Edit - you've addressed this in your post at ..38, same time as I originally posted this - Wouldn't be my way of doing it, but like I said earlier, each to their own!

Your grand, and don't worry Ribéry is a key part of my new team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Thread's lively..... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

T0001 wrote: »
    Let me clear a few things up. When I take over a club I like to have a total overhaul of the team and build with a base. I sell any players I don't need and anyone who benefits from this should grab it with both hands and run. Like it or lump it

Hey, its your team now so work away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Im going to comment because i want too, not because i feel i need too ...

I had seen Palermo did a deal so i contacted him abd asked who's avail.

When i was told everyone has a price if the offer is right.

I asked would salah or kokorin be part of a right offer for iturraspe or firmino ... I was told he liked both...

So i asked to split the bids, one od my guys for firmino, one for iturraspe and his pick of 4-5 of my youths and cash to bring each to max bid.

He picked batshuaya and vestergaard. In each case i offered to do one player and cash and he buy my second at min value ... He was happy to do 2 players and little cash for eaxh deal.

Now. .. who has an issue with this?

Im online every night almost and try most managers for a deal ... Some take a deal, others dont and then there those not on or willing to chat.

I struck up a conversation and got 2 deals ... Sue me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

I don't, an 88 playing for historically one of the big teams in Italy for a non-NT 88 with cash... A barca YOUTH player (who was sold for 2.4, which last time I checked is less than 4) who will take literally seasons to be useable.....

You got ****e because as you said yourself, you ripped him off... Your words not mine...

Srna, 10 days after selling him he drops.... Cedric rises 16 days after you get him, and of course 10 mil, wonder who got the better there? But I tend to keep my opinion on other peoples transfers to myself, that is until people in glass houses.....

Haha "playing for historically one of the big teams in italy"
    1) hes not playing hes sitting on the bench
    2) historically says it all.. dont be trying ti say u got a fair deal when you cleared fleeced him.

as for grimaldo the reason he went for 2.4 the previous time was because the manager was selling 10 players at cost price.. you, I and everyone else know if he was auctioned off he wud go for alot more than 4 mill so stop trying to justify your lame 4 mill

as regards srna...
    1) you honestly believe im such a class manager that I knew he was gonna drop in 10 days?
    2) im that good that I knew cedric wud rises in 16 yes.....
    3) like I said before I auctioned him off to the best bidder so how is that ripping someone off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Im going to comment because i want too, not because i feel i need too ...

I had seen Palermo did a deal so i contacted him abd asked who's avail.

When i was told everyone has a price if the offer is right.

I asked would salah or kokorin be part of a right offer for iturraspe or firmino ... I was told he liked both...

So i asked to split the bids, one od my guys for firmino, one for iturraspe and his pick of 4-5 of my youths and cash to bring each to max bid.

He picked batshuaya and vestergaard. In each case i offered to do one player and cash and he buy my second at min value ... He was happy to do 2 players and little cash for eaxh deal.

Now. .. who has an issue with this?

Im online every night almost and try most managers for a deal ... Some take a deal, others dont and then there those not on or willing to chat.

Last line sums up my thoughts on all this too

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Hey, its your team now so work away.

I know but if I was on the other side looking in I'd be scratching my head too

Anyway .. . Whats our post count at :p

So whats your whole philosophy. .. sell your players that are doing well in real live plus players that have big futures snd bring in bench warmers like salah,jonathan and god only knows who else

lets call a spade a spade your ripping up a good team, gonna do crap and then jump ****

modo85 wrote: »
    So whats your whole philosophy. .. sell your players that are doing well in real live plus players that have big futures snd bring in bench warmers like salah,jonathan and god only knows who else

lets call a spade a spade your ripping up a good team, gonna do crap and then jump ****

if you say so....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

better-call-saul.jpg

better-call-saul.jpg

You're just sour you have no one to sell KdB to now :p:D:p

Ah, a fortune teller .... Lotto numbers for next EuroMillions if i could please ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Time will tell what happens, wish I got Tevez.:(

• Advertisement

Ah, a fortune teller .... Lotto numbers for next EuroMillions if i could please ;)

Yes I am shur did u not know I ripped so poor lad off wit my skills.. I knew srna was dropping in 10 days so swapped him for cedric who was rising in 16 days plus got 10 million with it

JamboMac wrote: »
    Time will tell what happens, wish I got Tevez.:(

Exactly time will tell, ill give him a year max and hes gone

Exactly time will tell, ill give him a year max and hes gone

You have to take into consideration what exactly a manager's objectives are.

Season 1 - Build a Team & Top 7 (Div 2)
    Season 2 - Promotion to Div. 1
    Season 3 - Top 10 (Div. 1)
    Season 4 - Challenge for Title (Div. 1)

After that we'll see what way the wind blows

Like i said its his team and he can do what he pleases.

But i do find it strange that you'd rip apart probably the 3rd strongest team in div2?

Like at least with Newcastle he got some very good deals... But most of your deals seem to be in favor of the other team.

if you say so....

Why did you buy an ageing 88 rated def who hasnt featured much this year for a youngish 88 rated def whos playing regularly?

Why did you sell grimaldo for 4 mil? Did you honestly think that was the max you would get for him

im not trying to be smart or cheeky im just struggling to see your gameplan. Imo you come across as someone easily led, someone contacts you on chat and gives you the auld del boy speech "hes a great player he plays with inter milan a historically great club" and you buy it hook line and sinker

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

The deals for Mertesacker and Vermaelan have been cancelled - it seems the b1tch fest on here had the desired effect

You have to take into consideration what exactly a manager's objectives are.

Season 1 - Build a Team & Top 7 (Div 2)
    Season 2 - Promotion to Div. 1
    Season 3 - Top 10 (Div. 1)
    Season 4 - Challenge for Title (Div. 1)

After that we'll see what way the wind blows

Build an f-ing team?????????????? Your selling your best youths and bringing in crap old players like jonathan a 28 year old... so where does he come into this plan because he will be 32 wen your challenging for div1 title?

The deals for Mertesacker and Vermaelan have been cancelled - it seems the b1tch fest on here had the desired effect

B1tch fest my hole this needed to brought up to stop you and the rest of the vultures trying to offload your deadwood for riches

• Advertisement

Everyones entitled to there opinion on transfers after a bid has been accepted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement