Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

modo85 wrote: »
    Build an f-ing team?????????????? Your selling your best youths and bringing in crap old players like jonathan a 28 year old... so where does he come into this plan because he will be 32 wen your challenging for div1 title?

Just so your aware.... it is a game.... a game..... a game..... as in fun...... as in not THAT serious.... so take a chill pill..... ans relax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

The deals for Mertesacker and Vermaelan have been cancelled - it seems the b1tch fest on here had the desired effect

Well that's the Palermo managers fault if he cancelled. As I said, we should be free to criticise or question transfers, it's up to other managers if the want to defend themselves or not. If he believes they're fair then why cancel, do whatever deals you want to do :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Yes I am shur did u not know I ripped so poor lad off wit my skills.. I knew srna was dropping in 10 days so swapped him for cedric who was rising in 16 days plus got 10 million with it

Ah now, that's a bit much

The deals for Mertesacker and Vermaelan have been cancelled - it seems the b1tch fest on here had the desired effect

Like I said earlier, arguments like this will only have a negative effect on the game/market

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

B1tch fest my hole this needed to brought up to stop you and the rest of the vultures trying to offload your deadwood for riches

Vulture? Deadwood? Are you even on the same planet as the rest of us?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

Sorry to everyone if I came across as a fussy pr1ck but I am just calling it as I see it, anyway no hard feelings good luck

Why did you buy an ageing 88 rated def who hasnt featured much this year for a youngish 88 rated def whos playing regularly?

Why did you sell grimaldo for 4 mil? Did you honestly think that was the max you would get for him

im not trying to be smart or cheeky im just struggling to see your gameplan. Imo you come across as someone easily led, someone contacts you on chat and gives you the auld del boy speech "hes a great player he plays with inter milan a historically great club" and you buy it hook line and sinker

And your coming across as someone obsessed with my deals, as stated there were other deals done too....

Yet you continually post only mine?

And I didnt contact anyone about anything regarding Jonathan, I made an offer blind and it was accepted...

You know

Its how the game works....

Vulture? Deadwood? Are you even on the same planet as the rest of us?

Vultures- I bet you palermos inbox sky rocketed from all the vultures looking for deals like tupacs

deadwood- Vermaelan Mertesacker?? #springchickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Like I said earlier, arguments like this will only have a negative effect on the game/market

So what?
    If someone feels there getting a good deal then they should go ahead with the transfer.

..**** what anyone else says.

We should be allowed to discuss transfer deals... Even if we think there bad.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    So what?
    If someone feels there getting a good deal then they should go ahead with the transfer.

..**** what anyone else says.

We should be allowed to discuss transfer deals... Even if we think there bad.

So what???

Its been speculated that 2 deals may have been cancelled based on this line of chat...

If its directly affecting the market then that's 'so what'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I wish there was more things like this going on cos for me the game is very stale. People are only willing to let a player go if there is a limb given in return.

I made some poor offers at the start as I didnt know what was expected for a 90/91 player but since then in this and Copa League it seems impossible to sing someone.

People wont let their own good players go cos they know they will find it almost impossible to replace them as no one will want to let theirs go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Sorry to everyone if I came across as a fussy pr1ck but I am just calling it as I see it, anyway no hard feelings good luck

You're not sorry at all, you do this every now and again - start throwing your toys out of the pram and acting the maggot like a child

You're not sorry at all, you do this every now and again - start throwing your toys out of the pram and acting the maggot like a child

Like I said earlier, I know the story

I wish there was more things like this going on cos for me the game is very stale. People are only willing to let a player go if there is a limb given in return.

I made some poor offers at the start as I didnt know what was expected for a 90/91 player but since then in this and Copa League it seems impossible to sing someone.

People wont let their own good players go cos they know they will find it almost impossible to replace them as no one will want to let theirs go.

I've let numerous high rated players go but the deal in general has to be fairly balanced for it to go through. Why would anyone let players go if they're getting lesser (not nessesarily ratings wise) players in return.

The way to get deals done is to offer deals that are fair for both managers, for example my deal with Mac. I think Reus is better than Ozil so I offered a solid 91 and some cash to sweeten the deal and we were both happy, deal done, happy days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

People are only willing to let a player go if there is a limb given in return.

This is the main issue.

This Gameworld has two things that seem to have stuck when it comes to the transfer market.

1. Cash is worthless
    2. Players cannot be sold for anything close to their value.

The thing is when you get someone going against the grain, you have people up in arms.

Everyone will differ and everyone is entitled to voice their opinions, but for me if a deal is accepted it is essentially two people agreeing and that is all that is needed for a transfer to go through.

Play the game the way you want to play it.

I think he has a fair point and I don't think I'm the only one. Though saying that, the manager should be let do what he wants and we should be allowed discuss it

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I think he has a fair point and I don't think I'm the only one. Though saying that, the manager should be let do what he wants and we should be allowed discuss it

What about the fallout? I.e. what Periot said about this conversation possibly having a bearing on 2 deals falling through, what's your thoughts on that??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

What about the fallout? I.e. what Periot said about this conversation possibly having a bearing on 2 deals falling through, what's your thoughts on that??

On my phone so I can't multi quote but I answered that above. If the Palermo manager thought it was fair then he should fire away with it, you'll have to ask him why he cancelled but whatever answer he gives, ultimately it was his decision to cancel

So what???

Its been speculated that 2 deals may have been cancelled based on this line of chat...

If its directly affecting the market then that's 'so what'

And thats down to the manager who cancelled the deal... Not our fault.

Because basically what it seems like you're saying is we should not talk about deals incase one manager takes offence and cancels a deal.

Rules are rules.. If a bid has been accepted then we're free to talk about the deal. Also if a transfer was cancelled then something tells me the manager might not have been to confident about the deal in the first place..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

If I can clarify, I was using my phone (wonky screen) and hit accept instead of reject (although I thought my finger was over reject). You can cancelled deals once I got on my laptop. This thread didn't nor won't have any impact on my decisions in the game

T0001 wrote: »
    If I can clarify, I was using my phone (wonky screen) and hit accept instead of reject (although I thought my finger was over reject). You can cancelled deals once I got on my laptop. This thread didn't nor won't have any impact on my decisions in the game

Which is how it should be. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

While were all here ... (And my squad is into the 50s for player numbers).... Have ya seen all the hoarding going on :p

Wacting the maggot like a child please elaborate. . Am I not entitled to my opinion ? You see its you that is acting like a child because your deal didnt go through do you jump into an argument thats nothing to di with you

so you see big man or should I say baby the next time your starting an argument try pick one where its one on one not just see an argument, pick a side and jump onboard you coward

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    While were all here ... (And my squad is into the 50s for player numbers).... Have ya seen all the hoarding going on :p

Monitoring should be on...

/steps away from thread :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Monitoring should be on...

/steps away from thread :D

To monitor buying from unmanaged?

Like I said earlier, I know the story

This is pure childish are you seriously private messaging each other and b1tching about me? Grow up the pair of yiz

This is pure childish are you seriously private messaging each other and b1tching about me? Grow up the pair of yiz

He said it in this thread...

He said it in this thread...

Said wot? He claims to know the story in regards to me being a child throwing my toys out of the pram

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Im going to comment because i want too, not because i feel i need too ...

I had seen Palermo did a deal so i contacted him abd asked who's avail.

When i was told everyone has a price if the offer is right.

I asked would salah or kokorin be part of a right offer for iturraspe or firmino ... I was told he liked both...

So i asked to split the bids, one od my guys for firmino, one for iturraspe and his pick of 4-5 of my youths and cash to bring each to max bid.

He picked batshuaya and vestergaard. In each case i offered to do one player and cash and he buy my second at min value ... He was happy to do 2 players and little cash for eaxh deal.

Now. .. who has an issue with this?

Im online every night almost and try most managers for a deal ... Some take a deal, others dont and then there those not on or willing to chat.

I struck up a conversation and got 2 deals ... Sue me!

I would just like to add to this that i was also looking for a backup GK and noticed that Palermo have 2 x 88 x 24yr GKs (*) and was going to pop in a bid on one ... only then I realised that Matt Ryan, current Club Brugge(my team in Belgium) GK, was at Man city ... so I popped in a 7m cash (:eek: cash only?! who is this lunatic) bid on Ryan ... and the numpty(:p) in charge at City accepted the cash only bid ...

What is this gameworld coming to when a League winning manager goes accepting cash only bids :rolleyes:?!?!

* ;) Hope you get some good offers after this plug Palermo ;)

** I hope sarcasm comes across ok when it is in written format :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement