Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

6 pts off top, here I come.

James Mcconville steered Paris Saint-Germain to victory against Athletic Club.
    Paris Saint-Germain beat Athletic Club 2 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Matuidi scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Mandžukić was also on the scoresheet for his side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Colemania wrote: »
    My team is so f****ng inconsistent!!

I am not taking any credit for that result, I got lucky with a formation change cos up to now I've been terrible!

Also my phone lied on how close this thread is to the 10000 mark, but still fast approaching a fresh one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Dave Shadow steered Tottenham Hotspur to victory against fierce rivals Chelsea.
    Tottenham Hotspur beat Chelsea 3 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Montolivo scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Ibrahimovic and Pedro were also amongst the goalscorers.

Ibra continues with a goal a game :D Stay top...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Certified Cable Tie Technician steered FC Porto to victory against Bayern München.
    FC Porto beat Bayern München 3 - 2 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Hulk, Morata and Santon were amongst the goalscorers.

Happy days ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

2 0 away win at Sao Paulo.

8 games unbeaten of which I think 7 were against higher rated opposition :).

22 points to go until we reach magic 40!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

This thread is nearly dead.

I only signed up in august and have enjoyed this thread since I joined the GW.

Was it way busier this time last year with more active boardsies contributing to the general banter?

Was it way busier this time last year with more active boardsies contributing to the general banter?

Just check out the difference in time for thread 1,2 and this one to get to 10,000 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Used to be a lot busier when it first started alright. Needs a scandal to liven the place up a bit

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I feel comments like "this thread is dead" only serves to damage the thread more than not posting tbh.

As for if it actually is dead, I don't think it particularly is; there's less arguments, sure, and there's less debating certain "controversial" ideas. But the general chit chat is really at the same level it has been for a while...

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Used to be a lot busier when it first started alright. Needs a scandal to liven the place up a bit

60 post till 10,000 ....

we can do it tonight .... and Mac is probably on the beer so its like a free gaff

• Advertisement

I only mean dead in the sense of the 10000 mark, a new one needs to be created at that mark,

There are a few trigger words that will speed the thread up ;)

Porto Manager has caused a stir in the post match press conference today stating he thinks managers that get relegated should be sacked
    (*), squad caps should be enforced(**), monitoring and buying from unmanaged should be in the same category as Jennifer Lawrences' clothes ... (OFF!!) (***)...

(*), (**), (***) : These may not be the Porto Managers personal views and just may be an attempt to raise the post count in this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

After a third 1-0 win in a row for Rangers there's now a five point gap to second place

Nolito now has 3 goals and 3 assists in 4 games since joining

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

The offer for Ron-Robert ZIELER of Cruzeiro from SS Lazio has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Have to say fair play to Cruzerio here, after tonights game I was short 104,000 on the agreed fee but I threw in a bid anyhow and he let me off,

Cheers for that, much appreciated!

Handy also to have a solid 89 keeper for D2!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Chris P Bacon steered Juventus to victory against Liverpool.
    Juventus beat Liverpool 2 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Benatia had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Finnbogason and Ghoulam were amongst the goalscorers.

Fei8ZSy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Am I missing something or is his next best keeper an 84?

The offer for Ron-Robert ZIELER of Cruzeiro from SS Lazio has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Have to say fair play to Cruzerio here, after tonights game I was short 104,000 on the agreed fee but I threw in a bid anyhow and he let me off,

Cheers for that, much appreciated!

Handy also to have a solid 89 keeper for D2!

about bloody time, it was boarding on annoying the amount of bids, counter-bids, rejections, counter-bids, withdraws and lodge new bids i could take. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

swoody wrote: »
    about bloody time, it was boarding on annoying the amount of bids, counter-bids, rejections, counter-bids, withdraws and lodge new bids i could take. :mad:

The sign of 2 great managers

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

I see what you are doing and I like it ... it will deffo get us over the 10,000 tonght :p

Seriously tho ...
    It has been how Cruzero operate ... sell players at a premium to get funds to buys some of the top talents in the game ... 100% entitled to play the game how he sees fit

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I see what you are doing and I like it ... it will deffo get us over the 10,000 tonght :p

Seriously tho ...
    It has been how Cruzero operate ... sell players at a premium to get funds to buys some of the top talents in the game ... 100% entitled to play the game how he sees fit

I didn't say he was or wasn't entitled to do anything, I'm asking if there's something I'm missing. If not, fair enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

Yes that is true, im more into the deals than the game part myself and felt I was getting a good offer so took it, just like I did wen I sold my 91,89,88 and 88 rated back four and am using an 88,86,86,86 defence

By the way ...

Considering moving on Hulk when his ban ends ...

91 rated FC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Seriously tho ...

i.e. mutually beneficial so both happy!

I didn't say he was or wasn't entitled to do anything, I'm asking if there's something I'm missing. If not, fair enough.

Dont just agree .. we NEED controversy!:D

modo85 wrote: »
    Yes that is true, im more into the deals that the game part myself and felt I was getting a good offer so took it, just like I did wen I sold my 91,89,88 and 88 rated back four and am using an 88,86,86,86 defence

you should mentor the scrooge's who refuse to sell even their 90+ benchwarmers. *cough bayern/barca etc cough*

Sell me Vidal and I'll sell you some 91 bench warmers ;)

swoody wrote: »
    you should mentor the scrooge's who refuse to sell even their 90+ benchwarmers. *cough bayern/barca etc cough*

freshprince_ooooh.gif

By the way ...

Considering moving on Hulk when his ban ends ...

91 rated FC

when i had him he was unbelievable.... think he scored 30+ goals in the season i had him and that coming off two drought at man u :rolleyes:

Sell me Vidal and I'll sell you some 91 bench warmers ;)

i offered, you refused.

• Advertisement

modo85 wrote: »
    Yes that is true, im more into the deals than the game part myself and felt I was getting a good offer so took it, just like I did wen I sold my 91,89,88 and 88 rated back four and am using an 88,86,86,86 defence

Are you using young lads? How is it going?

I toyed with the idea once upon a time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement