Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    What is he on as a matter of interest?

i would hope £100 a week cause thats all i'd pay him and he'd be lucky to get that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I agree with Rayne Wooney's earlier post and GT's post above. It really does now make a statement to any potential signings that may have doubts over our capabilities to pay a wage to rival that of some other clubs.

Poster "The_Kew_Tour" made a point in the United thread earlier about the increase in Rooney's wage being covered by the departure of Anderson, and will leave 20k per week left over. That's a result all round!

I'm surprised at some of the reactions from a lot of posters on various threads over this to be honest, the biggest part of this story is that our best player has signed up for the rest of his career. It's great news, and I'm delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

swoody wrote: »
    i would hope £100 a week cause thats all i'd pay him and he'd be lucky to get that. :D

It's funny because he played fantastic for Wigan while on loan, you'd think with some world class players around him he'd play even better and not like a one legged blind man

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    But that makes no sense! :confused:
    You called some fans short sighted for being ok with the Rooney contract but you've no problem with Van Persie's..

You've got a player (in van persie) whose ridiculously injury prone and at the end of his career on 250K who'll probably 1-2 yrs max at top level. Van Persie *deserving* a 250K contract should be relevant when talking about finances.

You're paying only 50K extra for a player (Rooney) who can play multiple positions, is 3yrs younger and on his day unplayable.

I don't see the issue.

As I explained previously, he's being rewarded for throwing the toys out of the pram!!!!! That's my problem with it!!!!!

It sends out the wrong message, Fergie always said no one man bigger than the club but we are bent in two for him, and for what?????

no man, it's wrong

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Tupac,

There is another way to look at this ... it might attract bigger names to united now that they know they can match the big clubs in the wage dept.

Sometimes it does make sence to pay big money ... when Real bought Ronaldo ... it was rumoured that 'Ronaldo 7' shirt sales covered his transfer fee in the first year! :eek:

Personally I think the Mata deal will have had more of an impact at the negotiating table than this.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Someone called Jones a flop a few pages back. How on earth can you call Jones a flop??

Not looking forward to putting myself through another 90 minutes of tactical ineptitude tomorrow evening. At least I can watch Dortmund tomorrow.

Danger781 wrote: »
    Someone called Jones a flop a few pages back. How on earth can you call Jones a flop??

Not looking forward to putting myself through another 90 minutes of tactical ineptitude tomorrow evening. At least I can watch Dortmund tomorrow.

Between calls of Jones a flop and another manager not hearing of Shaquiri has me quiet worried about the level of football expertise were dealing with!!!

2 of those comments would stand out as most staggering I've read recently, others also, but especially those!!!!

united would want to be careful with him. he has the potential to be a great player for united.......BUT..... if he's not utilised properly then he's in danger of becoming another john o shea. the whole united team needs a revamp otherwise it will years before united see europe again (unless they win the capital one cup of course)

united would want to be careful with him. he has the potential to be a great player for united.......BUT..... if he's not utilised properly then he's in danger of becoming another john o shea. the whole united team needs a revamp otherwise it will years before united see europe again (unless they win the capital one cup of course)

True, he needs to be played CB and left alone

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

The whole united team needs a revamp otherwise it will years before united see europe again (unless they win the capital one cup of course)

They'll never get a chance to win that as long as there are teams like Sunderland around. Mighty mighty Sunderland!! :p:p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

True, he needs to be played CB and left alone

Except the problem is Utd will need an experienced "marquee" centre back to replace Vidic. Smalling and Jones as a partnership wouldn't fill you with much confidence!

That said, personally I think both have potential, just not together!!

Wilberto wrote: »
    Except the problem is Utd will need an experienced "marquee" centre back to replace Vidic. Smalling and Jones as a partnership wouldn't fill you with much confidence!

That said, personally I think both have potential, just not together!!

I wouldn't expect those to be 'first choice' not that there is such a thing with the amount of competitions and games!!!! But for sure they need a CB and if we are tanking starters. Then Evans IMO is the best CB they have considering Vidic is leaving and Ferdy is done.....

I'd expect Mangala and Evans to be 'first choice' next season, Mangala or similar

I wouldn't expect those to be 'first choice' not that there is such a thing with the amount of competitions and games!!!! But for sure they need a CB and if we are tanking starters. Then Evans IMO is the best CB they have considering Vidic is leaving and Ferdy is done.....

I'd expect Mangala and Evans to be 'first choice' next season, Mangala or similar

Actually, I completely forgot about Evans!! :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Not really SM related but what do people make of Rooney and his new contract????

Personally as a Utd fan I think its utterly disgraceful and a sad day for football in general......

It causes so much damage to the club on so many levels, it rewards disloyalty..... It now sets a new benchmark whenever we negotiate for a top talent (people are quick to forget we are still heavily in debt)

I know other utd fans will think I'm crazy but when he retires and we look back on all of this in years to come this will be seen as a dark day for our club, I'm sure of that

If they don't want to pay him that money he'll have no problems earning it elsewhere. Simple supply and demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

As I explained previously, he's being rewarded for throwing the toys out of the pram!!!!! That's my problem with it!!!!!

It sends out the wrong message, Fergie always said no one man bigger than the club but we are bent in two for him, and for what?????

no man, it's wrong

Then don't pay it. He'll go somewhere else. United will struggle to get 4th place without him.

It's that straight forward.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

United are struggling to get 4th with him :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

4 wins from the last 4 at Genoa,

3 in the league have seen me move up to a more respectable position, and still in the shield and the cup.

Will enjoy it while it lasts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Click thread and read a few posts then return too menu page too see if I've clicked the Manchester United thread,wait till TheDoc gets his hands on some of those points ha ha!!!

As for now, who are teams playing tomorow? Wana predict your own teams score? Also I know I won the league in season 1 but I'm trying too remember here who won the cup last season? It's slipping my mind, I think the manager was on a "holiday" at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭jukebox2310

Soldado will be sold 1st thing in morning. Will consider cash only deals so if you're interested put in an offer

Soldado will be sold 1st thing in morning. Will consider cash only deals so if you're interested put in an offer

Pm!

• Advertisement

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Then don't pay it. He'll go somewhere else. United will struggle to get 4th place without him.

It's that straight forward.

Let him go elsewhere! As I said, he can be replaced!!!!!

And as TSC said, were not getting 4th either way!!! If Rooney is worth 300k then he SHOULD be able to drag us to 4th practically on his own with his performances week in week out from now till end of season..

I seem to remember a certain French icon at OT dragging us to the title with a host of wonderful performances and goals!!! Now HE was a true OT legend and deserving of 300k, not this ungrateful toe-rag!!!

Ah those were the days.... Oh ah, oh ah....... CANTONA!!!!

Offers flying in for Soldado. I'm away alot of today so will post here in morning when sold. If sending a PM I'll gey back to you when I get to a laptop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Eddy Mac steered Borussia Dortmund to victory against Tottenham Hotspur.
    Borussia Dortmund beat Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Blaszczykowski scored the winner for Borussia Dortmund and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Carlos CASEMIRO picked up a very minor injury during the recent match.

Unfortunately, Mats HUMMELS has been badly injured during the last game.

Kevin GROSSKREUTZ suffered a minor injury in the last game.
    Great!!!!

nice day for risers for me today.....

Alfred Finnbogason +1 88
    Jean-Paul Boëtius + 86
    Tonny Vilhena +1 86
    Santiago Arias +2 85
    Terence Kongolo +2 80

98776-Disney-Frozen-Elsa-imgur-upvot-pm74.gif

nice day for risers for me today.....

Alfred Finnbogason +1 88
    Jean-Paul Boëtius + 86
    Tonny Vilhena +1 86
    Santiago Arias +2 85
    Terence Kongolo +2 80

98776-Disney-Frozen-Elsa-imgur-upvot-pm74.gif

I had Van Aanoult +1 makes him 87!! Happy with that!!! Now I have young 87s covering both fullback positions!!!!

You never got back to me about the youths you are selling either!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Easy because he's just a clumsy oaf.

You never got back to me about the youths you are selling either!

for now everyone bar a select few under 79 are available for max bids offers.

Just an update on Soldado. As I said I am entertaining cash only deals but preferred option is part exchange. Rather than say what the highest bid I have is which I don't think is fair on the person making the bids, I am just going to reject lower bids than what I have.

There is a lot of interest and I need to whittle down the offers so if I reject your offer I have a better one. Up to yourselves if you want to re bid but not going to say what the figure is and also don't want to waste people's time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Great!!!!

Horray!!!:D:D

Might only lose 5-0 now!!

• Advertisement

for now everyone bar a select few under 79 are available for max bids offers.

Only their not????

Wtf?????

Expect a solicitors letter for false advertising;-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement