Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

It amazes me that people are still doing those side deals despite them being the recurring, and only afaik, problem with transfers in the game

If you're doing them you're taking a risk

At least wait a few weeks before you do the second part of the deal so nobody can report it or the SMFA can't pick up on it.

90% of my deals have involved some type of *side deal*
    You're best just not mentioning it here for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    The second deal hasnt even been done yet ..... Argument invalid!
    So monitoring is off yet (multi-part) deals are still getting reversed ????

I go off what I'm given

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Swoody my dear friend :p

Who do you want in exchange for vidal?

I can go benzema and ssomeone else who do ya want?

Or I can go draxler and rodriguez?
    I know how ya like the young ones?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    90% of my deals have involved some type of *side deal*
    You're best just not mentioning it here for a few days.

Apprecate your point but in this case i felt it needed mentioning as the initial deal was light but the entire deal was fair imho.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

How many deals have been reversed this season??

• Advertisement

I go off what I'm given

Read the entire post, quotes an all!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Swoody my dear friend :p

Who do you want in exchange for vidal?

I can go benzema and ssomeone else who do ya want?

Or I can go draxler and rodriguez?
    I know how ya like the young ones?:)

none.

i'm happy with Vidal.

He has a team of 89's thats better than most d2 sides. :D

thats D2 i'm talking D3 :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

swoody wrote: »
    none.

i'm happy with Vidal.

Is he happy at juve is the question:p

Just thought as your selling all your best players lately might give it a shot:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Read the entire post, quotes an all!
    The deal could have been blocked for a variety of reasons such as not being fair, too heavily weighted towards one club or issues with one or more of the managers accounts. If you feel the deal is fair and there are no issues with your account then the problem may be with the other managers account which the SMFA cannot discuss.

Apprecate your point but in this case i felt it needed mentioning as the initial deal was light but the entire deal was fair imho.

It says it right there in the guidelines that the deal would be reversed if it benefited one side more as the SMFA doesn't take into account possible side deals.

We don't know and won't know if someone reported it.

It's probably up to Mac to find out what's going on with the monitoring.

As an aside, turning monitoring off is a very bad idea. If the report function is taken out what's stopping guys quitting and selling their best players for face value to someone and we're helpless, the monitoring effectively did it's job when Genoa manager tried to do it, and I don't think that was even reported.

I think a referendum is needed including all the facts this time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

It says it right there in the guidelines that the deal would be reversed if it benefited one side more as the SMFA doesn't take into account possible side deals.

As an aside, turning monitoring off is a very bad idea. If the report function is taken out what's stopping guys quitting and selling their best players for face value to someone and we're helpless, the monitoring effectively did it's job when Genoa manager tried to do it, and I don't think that was even reported.

Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Yeah, god forbid that ever happened in the game world!!!..:D:D

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Agreed.

concur.gif

And I.

That is not the argument here ... IF monitoring is OFF then the fact that the initial deal was light makes no difference ... I only posted the details so some PRAT wouldnt go report the deal when there was more to come on the deal.

But sure not to worry, I'll just plow on or quit ... just havent decided yet on which it will be...

PS: I voted AGAINST turning monitoring off ... but now that its off I'm getting a valid deal reverse so excuse me for being a little p!ssed over it

i might be in the minority but i think monitoring being off is fine......

i've had no problems doing deals with just externals. :pac:

swoody wrote: »
    i might be in the minority but i think monitoring being off is fine......

i've had no problems doing deals with just externals. :pac:

Pretty tough negotiators!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

You say what's stopping someone selling their best players at face value and in the same post you answer your own question??? The SMFA that's what! As you correctly pointed out regarding 'a transfer benifiting one side more than another' hence, question answered

As regards a balanced argument with ALL the facts, that's fine saying that as long as you post up the PRO argument too, not promote your own stance and then call for ALL the facts.... I'm far from impartial on this but I really don't see why the 'leave it on' crowd are getting railed about??? The side deals are not happening and as I predicted - NOBODY IA COMING TO SIGN AWAY YOUR PLAYERS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!!!!!

So the monitoring is 'off' and us that wanted it that way still can't do our 'side deals' so what's the argument ???

Turning it back on will....... ?????

btw,...

I recently bought Jovetic, Cambiasso and Lescott too...

Anyone fancy reporting those?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

btw,...

Gimme a sec.. I've only just finished reporting Tupacs!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

That is not the argument here ... IF monitoring is OFF then the fact that the initial deal was light makes no difference ... I only posted the details so some PRAT wouldnt go report the deal when there was more to come on the deal.

But sure not to worry, I'll just plow on or quit ... just havent decided yet on which it will be...

PS: I voted AGAINST turning monitoring off ... but now that its off I'm getting a valid deal reverse so excuse me for being a little p!ssed over it

Like I said...

There are managers out there that WANT to build their squads like this, using 2 good players to get 1 exceptional one!! Just because everyone does not want to do that does not mean we are in the wrong....

I feel bad for you but plz don't quit and let some (insert expletive comment) boot you from the game man!!!!

Overcome!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

The monitoring did not effectively do its job when the Genoa manager tried to do it.

The deals you may have considered face value stood, and the fair deal was reversed, which makes me think it was actually reported.

Same buyer as the latest deals which adds another twist to the saga.

btw,...

I dont think anyone reported your deal,I think the account you dealt with is rightly or wrongly under suspicion and as a result is being monitored.

Ah lads,

any to make a bad situation worse:

After an investigation by the SMFA, the deal involving FC Porto and Sporting CP regarding Igor AKINFEEV has been reversed.

After an investigation by the SMFA, the deal involving FC Porto and VfL Wolfsburg regarding Ricardo RODRÍGUEZ has been reversed.

I hadnt even noticed the other canceled deal ...

Thank you much ... who ever you are!

Since signing Rodriquez I SOLD MAICON, OTAMENDI and SANDRO ... sure who needs defenders anyway?

I hope the new Wolfsburg manager appreciated his new player(not implying anything in relation to this mgr btw) ...

I dont think anyone reported your deal,I think the account you dealt with is rightly or wrongly under suspicion and as a result is being monitored.

Now there's a twist! So they do that!?

Same buyer as the latest deals which adds another twist to the saga.

My deal for gruezo was the fairest and that salah deal stuck out like a sore thumb man TBH.

au contraire ... Im convinced it was reported :mad:

btw,...

56158-Doctor-Who-10-laughing-gif-d1CI.gif

i will.......WHAT WHERE YOU THINKING BUYING THOSE TWO?

Ah lads,

any to make a bad situation worse:

After an investigation by the SMFA, the deal involving FC Porto and Sporting CP regarding Igor AKINFEEV has been reversed.

After an investigation by the SMFA, the deal involving FC Porto and VfL Wolfsburg regarding Ricardo RODRÍGUEZ has been reversed.

I hadnt even noticed the other canceled deal ...

Thank you much ... who ever you are!

Since signing Rodriquez I SOLD MAICON, OTAMENDI and SANDRO ... sure who needs defenders anyway?

I hope the new Wolfsburg manager appreciated his new player(not implying anything in relation to this mgr btw) ...

When was the Rod deal? I'll try sort you out with some defence, maybe get Otamendi back to ya

so effectively I loose 4 defenders and thats is ok cos the FBI is monitoring the other guy ...

with the greatest respect for you coz I like you but I call 'bullcrap' the deal was reported!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

My deal for gruezo was the fairest and that salah deal stuck out like a sore thumb man TBH.

Really it didn't.

It was roughly twice his value at the time, which is and was fair by me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement