Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Swoody

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Quick one for the 'On crowd'

Example:

(Let's just say the monitoring is OFF, FULLY OFF) if I agreed a deal for Januzaj 85 tomorrow, say to swap El Shaawary 90. With the monitoring off we could say 5 mil or so to make up the shortfall..... If both sides were happy REGARDLESS OF WHAT OTHERS THINK that deal would happen and no chance of it being reversed...

That's a 90 for a promising 85, that is the kind of thing that is achievable with the monitoring off, I.e.both parties happy

With the monitoring on, NEVER EVER EVER going to happen even though most will agree the 85is the better player,

Why is that fair?

Bearing in mind that is only an example and not a deal on the table but its a good pointer as to why it should be off.... PROPERLY OFF

another reason being GT was/is pretty close to jacking because of this and I wouldn't blame him, its pretty shabby carry on in fairness....

I had a deal lined up with Sporting when I had a transfer banned player free but I'm not even going to waste my time putting in the offer at this stage...

Pathetic carry on. It really is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Swoody

shhhh! everything will be okay...........i promise!

FW1tp.gif?1

Example:

(Let's just say the monitoring is OFF, FULLY OFF) if I agreed a deal for Januzaj 85 tomorrow, say to swap El Shaawary 90. With the monitoring off we could say 5 mil or so to make up the shortfall..... If both sides were happy REGARDLESS OF WHAT OTHERS THINK that deal would happen and no chance of it being reversed...

That's a 90 for a promising 85, that is the kind of thing that is achievable with the monitoring off, I.e.both parties happy

With the monitoring on, NEVER EVER EVER going to happen even though most will agree the 85is the better player,

Why is that fair?

Bearing in mind that is only an example and not a deal on the table but its a good pointer as to why it should be off.... PROPERLY OFF

another reason being GT was/is pretty close to jacking because of this and I wouldn't blame him, its pretty shabby carry on in fairness....

I had a deal lined up with Sporting when I had a transfer banned player free but I'm not even going to waste my time putting in the offer at this stage...

your registered over in the SM Forum......can you ask them to look into why its not working?

swoody wrote: »
    your registered over in the SM Forum......can you ask them to look into why its not working?

Will do!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

If the setting was changed in turn 1 of this season then maybe it's not going to come into effect until next season

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Why is that fair?

Its not. But then the argument has never been that it is, and its disingenuous to try and act as if it was.

The argument simply is that the dangers of turning it off outweighs the fact the odd deal here and there gets reversed. That far more damage can be done, long term, by players who abuse the system, and that leaving it on protects teams from being ****ed before a manager leaves, and stops multiple accounts, unfair deals, etc.

Its not. But then the argument has never been that it is, and its disingenuous to try and act as if it was.

The argument simply is that the dangers of turning it off outweighs the fact the odd deal here and there gets reversed. That far more damage can be done, long term, by players who abuse the system, and that leaving it on protects teams from being ****ed before a manager leaves, and stops multiple accounts, unfair deals, etc.

I agree that the monitoring helps with multiple accounts and what not, but again I stress that if I wanted to quit and asset stip Lazio with the monitoring on, it could be done..... A little harder but it could be done no less.... Somewhat related (not asset stripping but squad revamp) would be Swoody rebuilding his squad with the monitoring on..., similar to that but on a different scale (I.e. asset stripping)

I'll take on board and concede about the multiple accounts though, but I can't accept it stops asset stripping becuase it simply dosent....

Anyhow as far as I can see having it on/off is making no difference in this GW so decide amongst yourselves as to the future of it, all I'll say is that there are heavily more pros out there for it if your a manager of a smaller club....

All about opinions/views on it though, but take tonight and GT as an example of the effects it can have, loose him and you have your answer right there.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

So anyone willing to do a deal for a young decent DRC that isnt goint to get reported?

I agree that the monitoring helps with multiple accounts and what not, but again I stress that if I wanted to quit and asset stip Lazio with the monitoring on, it could be done..... A little harder but it could be done no less.... Somewhat related (not asset stripping but squad revamp) would be Swoody rebuilding his squad with the monitoring on..., similar to that but on a different scale (I.e. asset stripping)

It can be done but it's far, far harder. The Salah deal shows that if you sell your best player (singular), it can be reversed. If a team, a whole squad was stripped, and the manager left, it can be reported and reversed. And honestly, I don't see how Swoody relates at all to the point at hand; he rebuilt his squad, but through deals that rarely looked out of place (at least in terms of what the system thought was fair).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    So anyone willing to do a deal for a young decent DRC that isnt goint to get reported?

I could sell/loan you a 29 yo 87 D,DM,M (R) if you need him quick. Probably not what you're after but if it helps.

Click me!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

youre-thumb.jpg

SMFA logic......

example (note - i think he's the worst football player ever and this transfer will never happen).....

if i wanted to buy tom "i only pass sideways" cleverly for 90M cash - "sure no problem would you like fries with that?"

if i wanted to buy tom "i only pass sideways" cleverly for 10M + Cabella and Gabbiadini - "the fcuk you are you chancer"

nice one SMFA nice one.

I could sell/loan you a 29 yo 87 D,DM,M (R) if you need him quick. Probably not what you're after but if it helps.

Click me!

Thanks mate, if I'm going to invest it might aswell be in a young player ... thanks for the offer though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Example:

Why is that fair?

That is an absolute extreme example which should hold little weight in arguments, especially this one. Transfers reversed seem to be around 1 in 500 in this game world, the extreme example you used would be far beyond that 1 in 10,000 maybe.

There are only a handful of promising players that could work with your example, therefore it doesn't reflect transfers in the game world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Thanks mate, if I'm going to invest it might aswell be in a young player ... thanks for the offer though

Do you want to loan him until you find a permanent replacement? It's no difference to me.

SMFA logic......

example (note - i think he's the worst football player ever and this transfer will never happen).....

if i wanted to buy tom "i only pass sideways" cleverly for 90M cash - "sure no problem would you like fries with that?"

if i wanted to buy tom "i only pass sideways" cleverly for 10M + Cabella and Gabbiadini - "the fcuk you are you chancer"

nice one SMFA nice one.

Yes, cause any chairman would let Cleverly go for 90m :rolleyes: And honestly, I don't see why the monitoring would block that second deal at all :confused: The manager might refuse, but that deal would likely sail through when it comes to the monitoring.

Honestly Tupac, I respect your position on this matter. It's just a shame you let your argument down by retreating to the extremes so quickly when discussing the matter...

EDIT: Was Swoody. Whoops. Point stands for both though :P

Yes, cause any chairman would let Cleverly go for 90m :rolleyes: And honestly, I don't see why the monitoring would block that second deal at all :confused: The manager might refuse, but that deal would likely sail through when it comes to the monitoring.

Honestly Tupac, I respect your position on this matter. It's just a shame you let your argument down by retreating to the extremes so quickly when discussing the matter...

swoody made that point ;) not tupac

unless he gives me the 10M you mean.....right? :pac:

united and madrid are having a right ding-dong for ozil.

• Advertisement

united and madrid are having a right ding-dong for ozil.

better make sure its a fair deal :P

better make sure its a fair deal :P

madrid want rid of a rapist + cash but united wants just fab... ;)

madrid want rid of a rapist + cash but united wants just fab... ;)

without looking at(knowing) real madrid's squad that could be a fair few players if it is an alledged one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

ha guys man united manager will only accept fabregas in a part exchange and i dont think thats fair on me to be honest so no deal will be going through.

a hard man to deal with man united manager :P

see swoody if youd just sell me vidal this would all be okay :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

ha guys man united manager will only accept fabregas in a part exchange and i dont think thats fair on me to be honest so no deal will be going through.

a hard man to deal with man united manager :P

see swoody if youd just sell me vidal this would all be okay :P

I'm easier to deal with ;)

That is an absolute extreme example which should hold little weight in arguments, especially this one. Transfers reversed seem to be around 1 in 500 in this game world, the extreme example you used would be far beyond that 1 in 10,000 maybe.

There are only a handful of promising players that could work with your example, therefore it doesn't reflect transfers in the game world.

OK that's an extreme example... Fair point...

Let me think if I can maybe come up with another one, oh yeah!

GT's 2

EDIT: Was Swoody. Whoops. Point stands for both though :P

To be fair the only reason I started my point at an extreme case is because I did try to explain previously about discussing trading 2 prospects + cash for an established player and it being reversed.....

Either way, the poibt stands, change the names if it makes people feel better or makes it easier to qccept but people are getting csusght up ib the extremely of the point and loosing sight on the fact that its the logic behind it that's sound....

Swoody's point is similar and also very correct. It basically boils down to managers views on player in game value/quality vs the SMFA...

That's all it is

In other news.....

SM are actually in fact currently working on the game engine... Ahem.., broken. To more accurately reflect results!!

Apparently there have been a high volume of complaints about this so hopefully its something that will be addresed sooner rather than later!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Oscar-the-grouch-o.gif

Rabble,Rabble...transfers...rabble rabble 'my good name' rabble rabble injustice....rabble rabble rabble...:pac:

Oh i see,Um huh thats terrible tupac....just terrible and tell me, has this been going on for long?. :p

• Advertisement

Swoody's point is similar and also very correct. It basically boils down to managers views on player in game value/quality vs the SMFA...

That's all it is

Agreed. But it's not that SMFA hide their valuation of the players. It's not a crap shoot as to weather your deal looks fair and balanced in the eyes of the monitoring. The valuations of the players are there to see quite clearly, and it's pretty obvious at this stage what sort of deals will and won't go through. And the reality is that we've had 1000s of deals go through without a hitch, 1000s of transfers complete with monitoring on and with both sides involved happy, and only a small, small percentage reversed. And I still say that a large chunk of the time said deals are reversed, it's pretty obvious why they were. You know you're playing their game, you know that its their rules while monitoring is on (and I thought the Salah deal made it pretty evident that it was still on) so you know it has to be a fair deal according to monitoring.

Out of interest, what was the exact deal reversed this time (as if what were the individiual transfers, not just one big deal)?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement