Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Because you can't compare a player who's just starting out in his football career to what he's like 5/6 years later!! Sure if thats the case lets compare Walcott's first year at Arsenal to now.. Sure he's the "Same player???same occupation? Same person?????"
    The Sturridge from Man City and the Sturridge we have now are totally different players and you know that!.

And on Negredo.. I never said his contribution to Man City doesn't count. (I even said he's done great) I said:

Thats the last I'll say on this because you seem to be making up things that I haven't even said..

Let's compare Walcott, why not???

You said it doesn't compare? So in terms of the argument we cannot use it (to compare against Sturbridge) so in terms of the comparison it does not count? Right?????

I'm not putting words in your mouth mate, you said it does not compare not me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

In reality goals scored and all these other variables are very hard decide who gets increases and drops. Letes say one striker scores loads of goals but is against loads of out form teams and then another striker is against teams are inform and he scores less should he get a drop, I don't know we will see how good Sturbridge is over seasons there is always one striker every season which comes from nowhere. Let's take bergkamp and Henry, Henry is a goal scorer but Bergkamp is footballer and I know which one I would prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

just wondering if anyone's used the updated Scout Reports feature to discover if the player has potential or if he has a chance to rise yet?
    We have made some improvements to Manager / Scout Reports. You will now be advised about any possible increase in rating and also their potential rating.

basically is it any good or just a bs thingy...?

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

I don't have a good feeling about tonight........:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

swoody wrote: »
    just wondering if anyone's used the updated Scout Reports feature to discover if the player has potential or if he has a chance to rise yet?

All my players rated between 66 and 80 have the potential to reach 92-93 are sh!te according to the scouts reports**

**i may actually never have gotten one of those scout reports

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Resting a few first teamers ahead of the cup match. Expect Bayern to spank me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

quick someone check what it says about heskey!

Resting a few first teamers ahead of the cup match. Expect Bayern to spank me :(

Looooooooool

2-0 win. Amazing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Robbed!!!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Newcastle at home tonight ...

After the SMFA invasion and extraxtion of my newly aquired 91 GK and my (at this stage well settled) young energetic 89 DR from my squad, I've had to revisit my priorities.

The team taking to the field tonight will not be what the fans expect but those same fans have said they understand the predicament the manager find himself in and they have full faith in his judgement.

FCP!

I gave my ENTIRE FIRST ELEVEN a rest tonight ...
    Sir Bobby Robson steered FC Porto to victory against Newcastle United.
    FC Porto outclassed Newcastle United and beat them 4 - 2 in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.
    Lazovic, Bruno and Ayew were amongst the goalscorers.
    Need to trust the yoing lads a bit more often me thinks :D

Porto fans have hailed SBR as a miracle worker, able to battle through the adverseties forced upon the club by SMFA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gerp99

Ger Power steered Manchester City to victory against Real Madrid.
    Manchester City beat Real Madrid 3 - 2 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Mandžukić scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Silva was also on the scoresheet for his side.

3rd win in a row, 4 points above relagation! starting to get on a bit of a run now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I gave my ENTIRE FIRST ELEVEN a rest tonight ...

Need to trust the yoing lads a bit more often me thinks :D

Holy crap, I was expecting to lose but not to your reserves:(

Robbed!!!
    A new club record has been set.

all i needed to know :cool:

Another night another loss!!!!! Heading to D4!!!!!

Position for position Lyon had one player better than me and even played a 78 rated player.... Against a 4-4-2 I went with 5 in midfield, played defensive and on the counter attack....

Better players, tactics set correctly and now again, beaten.....

Although there seems to be a lot of strange results tonight????

Strange oul game this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Urgh. How have Barcelona not won each game?! Relieved i don't have to play them again for half a season!

ps Sturridge should be 92

4 points between first and seventh in Div 1.

Maybe I should take the league more seriously :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Position for position Lyon had one player better than me and even played a 78 rated player.... Against a 4-4-2 I went with 5 in midfield, played defensive and on the counter attack....

Strange oul game this

Excuses,Excuses..... :D

Strange oul game this

you where never gunna win setting your team up in an anti-football style.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

10 shots on target to opponents 2....lose 2-1 :(

Better players, tactics set correctly and now again, beaten....

Strange oul game this

Nothing strange about my result ... just a cracking 1/2time pep talk for my lads ...

I felt the need for a little hollywood so just gave them one sentence ....

"On any given Sunday you're gonna win or you're gonna lose. The point is - can you win or lose like a man? " :p

• Advertisement

off topic but........fcuk me tevez just scored a sreamer against milan!

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Urgh. How have Barcelona not won each game?! Relieved i don't have to play them again for half a season!

ps Sturridge should be 82

Agree with everything there, can't argue!!

you where never gunna win setting your team up in an anti-football style.

Played open attacking football last season and got crap results!!!

Middle ground me thinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Haven't checked the stats but I had most of my first team out soon excuses, well done Spurs, great away win!

Down to 3rd on GD. Really hit and miss over the last while!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Played open attacking football last season and got crap results!!!

Middle ground me thinks

How often do you change tactics/your stating 11/formation?? If your changing things before eatch match you wont win a thing

Another loss for madrid worst run of form since I took over but better this time of season then the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Athletic Club dominated much of the play against US Palermo but could only manage a 2 - 2 draw in their Division 3 fixture.

Eto\'o was on the scoresheet for his side.

I will definitely take a point away from home against the table toppers, starting to string to some good results together after a rough start

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

You know it's not your day when the opposition goalkeeper gets MOM.

James Mcconville earned a draw with Hamburger SV against Spartak Moskva.
    The match ended 0 - 0 between Hamburger SV and Spartak Moskva in their Division 2 fixture.
    View Match
    Share Story
    Publish Story to Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

How often do you change tactics/your stating 11/formation?? If your changing things before eatch match you wont win a thing

Another loss for madrid worst run of form since I took over but better this time of season then the end.

You need a better centre back ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

JamboMac wrote: »
    You know it's not your day when the opposition goalkeeper gets MOM.

James Mcconville earned a draw with Hamburger SV against Spartak Moskva.
    The match ended 0 - 0 between Hamburger SV and Spartak Moskva in their Division 2 fixture.
    View Match
    Share Story
    Publish Story to Facebook

i dont know how you kept it at 0-0.

• Advertisement

A lot!!! I know I shouldn't but I do..... Worse than Ranieri!!!!!!!!

Going to pick a formation now and plough ahead with it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement