Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

eh i dunno wrote: »
    The reason I sold Benteke

http://t.co/Wgk7xKTJZz

Cant view it :(

I'm gonna assume he missed a sitter, but if ya go by one clip, here's another from tonight ...

WORLD BEATING MIDFIELDER : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptBcJ3QTK2A&feature=youtu.be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Cant view it :(

I'm gonna assume he missed a sitter, but if ya go by one clip, here's another from tonight ...

WORLD BEATING MIDFIELDER : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptBcJ3QTK2A&feature=youtu.be

open net, balled passed to him at a reasonable speed across the box about 6 meters out... balloons it over :D

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    open net, balled passed to him at a reasonable speed accross the box about 6 meters out... balloons it over :D

Its a wilmots tactic ... we'd frighten the sh!te out of teams and they would shut up shop at the WC against us if we played to our full potential ...

Any one that sees that will think Benteke doesnt need to be marked ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Its a wilmots tactic ... we'd frighten the sh!te out of teams and they would shut up shop at the WC against us if we played to our full potential ...

Any one that sees that will think Benteke doesnt need to be marked ;)

Ehhhhhh.......

What we were talking about earlier..... (awkward!!!!!) I'll be back to ya on that :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Napoli away tomorrow, really need a win. Last thing I want is Chelsea and Juve pulling away at the top, hopefully the couple of new lads click!

likewise need to get back to my winning ways i dont mind being 4/5 points behind the leader with 13 games or so left that when the real fun starts :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Damien O Grady steered Newcastle United to victory against Málaga CF.
    Newcastle United outclassed Málaga CF and beat them 1 - 0 in their Friendly fixture.
    Buffon had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Thiago was on the scoresheet for his side.

May as well just give the 3 points to Milan now:(

Poll alert!

Poll

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Poll alert!

Poll

Kill off end of season transfers,that was the most exciting part of last season.

Kill off end of season transfers,that was the most exciting part of last season.

you can still do deals, players just dont arrive until after the window opens

Think it is my turn for a bit of a rant so here goes nothing

I have received a very good cash offer's for one of my fringe players which I would love to accept but I know cash means nothing in this game world.

There are far too many 89, 90, 91 and even one or 2 92 players who are seeing little or no game time which seems an absolute waste. These are players who would greatly improve teams in lower leagues which in turn would keep people interested

Why do people want these players to rot away on the bench while seeing managers come and go because without transfers this came can become boring. I'm not pointing the finger at anyone but the way I see it if we have the best players playing rather than on the bench it would make it more enjoyable for everyone

Obviously every player's situation is different but we are seeing far too many players available for part exchange only. If money was worth something this league would be far more appealing to new managers to come in and for current managers to stay

Anyway, rant over

• Advertisement

I have received a very good cash offer's for one of my fringe players which I would love to accept but I know cash means nothing in this game world.

There are far too many 89, 90, 91 and even one or 2 92 players who are seeing little or no game time which seems an absolute waste. These are players who would greatly improve teams in lower leagues which in turn would keep people interested

Why do people want these players to rot away on the bench while seeing managers come and go because without transfers this came can become boring. I'm not pointing the finger at anyone but the way I see it if we have the best players playing rather than on the bench it would make it more enjoyable for everyone

Obviously every player's situation is different but we are seeing far too many players available for part exchange only. If money was worth something this league would be far more appealing to new managers to come in and for current managers to stay

Anyway, rant over

can't agree more man, thats why the monitoring off is so important in my eyes because even IF (BIG IF) you manage to negotiate a deal for one of said players that is satisfactory to both managers it might not suit the SMFA, such as my Remy deal with Dortmund, totally legit deal and look what happened!!

I know its not the point your making but now that the monitoring is off at LEAST that worry is removed from the transfer, but yeah for damn sure some of the big boys could take a leaf from our good Juve who did a squad revamp and livened up the place as well as re-building his team...

Its basic hoarding dude, thats all it is

(oh and Sturridge is nowhere near a 91 :rolleyes: )

There are far too many 89, 90, 91 and even one or 2 92 players who are seeing little or no game time which seems an absolute waste. These are players who would greatly improve teams in lower leagues which in turn would keep people interested which seems an absolute waste

Anyway, rant over

My starting team at the moment has a lowest rating of 92. I've a few 91s, 89s, etc that don't start all the time because they have a lower rating, they do however start when a first team players condition is low, they are also used as subs alot. I nearly always use 3 subs in a match.

Another reason why I have these players is to build for the future. I brought in these young 89s and keep the 91s because some of my higher rated players are getting on and these are great prospects that I don't want to lose for the most part. If I am gonna lose them I want a good deal in return.

I don't just keep them so others don't have them. I let Gomez, a 92 go for what I think was a reasonable price and I'd be willing to let others go if I'm getting a good deal in return.

I understand your frustration from my time at Sao Paulo but I can't see it changing. I don't really think anyone is keeping players for the sake of it but more so, like I said, building for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

I've heard of that guy alright. Plays for a midtable team in england I believe :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Anyway, rant over

I'll happily take those 91/90's in exchange for Chiellini.
    (Shameless advertising :pac:)

I've heard of that guy alright. Plays for a midtable team in england I believe :pac:

:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Generally when I have 90 rated players outside my first eleven, I sell them on. Honda went pretty quick the other day, once Ramirez came in.

I have Mathieu up for p/e, but have made it clear I need a player in to replace him. It's not hoarding or whatever, it's just a genuine case of not wanting to weaken my first team. Hence why I don't trade for cash with him too; I know I won't get another 90 for cash.

In general, I trade 88s for cash with little problem (provided they aren't players I want to keep and no level of offer would part me from them).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

i at madrid have only 3 90+ players on the bench i dont have a single 89 rated player in my whole squad and the rest are 88 and below.

my 3 90s player on the bench are

john terry 91 j.rodriguez 90 j.draxler 90

terry is at the end of career and cover for my defense and the other two are cover for my large midfield and future prospects.

i raffled nuri sahin off there over xmas at face value to div 3 and 4 clubs only so ive tried and i even sold my dear ronaldo :P

Generally when I have 90 rated players outside my first eleven, I sell them on. Honda went pretty quick the other day, once Ramirez came in.

I have Mathieu up for p/e, but have made it clear I need a player in to replace him. It's not hoarding or whatever, it's just a genuine case of not wanting to weaken my first team. Hence why I don't trade for cash with him too; I know I won't get another 90 for cash.

In general, I trade 88s for cash with little problem (provided they aren't players I want to keep and no level of offer would part me from them).

Both were part exchange deals though which I have absolutely no problem with but what is happening too often is if a player is available that you were interested in and you made an enquiry about then 9 times out of 10 the reply would be sorry but I am only interested in part exchange

The reason people are only interested in part exchange is because nobody will sell for cash. Recently I had Ben Arfa, Dzagoev and Yarmolenko on the transfer list and tbh I would have had no problem selling any of them for cash if I could improve my team elsewhere with that money but I know that won't happen so I had to hold out for a part exchange deal

I had loads of enquiries about those 3 but not many from clubs with players that would improve my team. For example if I sold him for cash to a division 3 or 4 team and if other managers were willing to sell fringe players I could have used that cash to buy in another player

The amount of players that have been transfer listed as part exchange only before eventually being taken down because they don't get a good offer is huge. I have nothing against these managers as I have done it myself but if other managers would sell players for cash then I'm sure we would have more transfers

As another example I am on the lookout for another striker and central midfielder atm and as things stand I have too many dc and I could probably afford to let one of Rose/Schennikov go if it meant improving my first 11

I'm sure there may be some managers out there that have too many strikers and may need a dc or lb but the chances of them wanted one of my dc or lb and me wanting there striker is slim unfortunately

Hence why I am saying if I sold one of my dc and/or lb for cash and if other managers were willing to sell fringe players it would make it easier to do transfers and there would be alot more of them

i at madrid have only 3 90+ players on the bench i dont have a single 89 rated player in my whole squad and the rest are 88 and below.

my 3 90s player on the bench are

john terry 91 j.rodriguez 90 j.draxler 90

terry is at the end of career and cover for my defense and the other two are cover for my large midfield and future prospects.

i raffled nuri sahin off there over xmas at face value to div 3 and 4 clubs only so ive tried and i even sold my dear ronaldo :P

I hope to god that is a misprint.....and tupac complaining about Sturridge being a 91:D

My starting team at the moment has a lowest rating of 92. I've a few 91s, 89s, etc that don't start all the time because they have a lower rating, they do however start when a first team players condition is low, they are also used as subs alot. I nearly always use 3 subs in a match.

Another reason why I have these players is to build for the future. I brought in these young 89s and keep the 91s because some of my higher rated players are getting on and these are great prospects that I don't want to lose for the most part. If I am gonna lose them I want a good deal in return.

I don't just keep them so others don't have them. I let Gomez, a 92 go for what I think was a reasonable price and I'd be willing to let others go if I'm getting a good deal in return.

I understand your frustration from my time at Sao Paulo but I can't see it changing. I don't really think anyone is keeping players for the sake of it but more so, like I said, building for the future.

:eek: Your oldest player is 30:eek: That's another 3 years minimum of waiting for those younger players to come through and take over from the likes of Ribery, Dante and Lahm

Not having a go or anything but do you really see yourself playing in 3 years and I'm hoping we all are but even if we are that would be nearly 12 season's of those youngster's sitting on the bench or playing bit part roles

• Advertisement

Meant to reply to this as well. I know people aren't keeping them for the sake of it and I have often found manager's saying that they want to hold onto a player because he might get a rise or he might get a move in the next transfer window and that is another reason I would be slow in getting rid of some of my youngsters but if I thought I could get an established player over a promising youngster I would take it

:eek: Your oldest player is 30:eek: That's another 3 years minimum of waiting for those younger players to come through and take over from the likes of Ribery, Dante and Lahm

Not having a go or anything but do you really see yourself playing in 3 years and I'm hoping we all are but even if we are that would be nearly 12 season's of those youngster's sitting on the bench or playing bit part roles

No idea what I'll be doing in 3 years. Like I did with Robben I may look to move them on and bring in younger players or use my younger players to replace them. I did also say that they may be used to trade for higher rated players, for example Martinez 92 + Mandzukic 92

I mean, you won't sell Neymar for all the tea in China. You don't want to sell and that's your prerogative. I don't see the difference here

Like you I'd sell for cash if I thought I could buy for cash, vicious circle

No idea what I'll be doing in 3 years. Like I did with Robben I may look to move them on and bring in younger players or use my younger players to replace them. I did also say that they may be used to trade for higher rated players, for example Martinez 92 + Mandzukic 92

I mean, you won't sell Neymar for all the tea in China. You don't want to sell and that's your prerogative. I don't see the difference here

Like you I'd sell for cash if I thought I could buy for cash, vicious circle

I'm sorry but this is UTTER NONSENSE!!!

You've done a good job since getting Bayern no doubt and you've brought in excellent players, but you had a very sound basis to work with, Newcastle has Neymar, Willian, Thiago and Magic.... No offence to Newcastle (I don't count Di Natale and Buffon as they are close to retirement) but that's about it in terms of WORLD CLASS talent, Bayern on the other hand has talent (and had it when you walked in the door) not even making the bench that would walk into most other starting line ups....

Its fine they are your players to buy and sell as you see fit.... Newcastle has a genuine point on this one but there is nothing can be done about it unless there are more squad revamps ala Juve style.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

I manage the worst team in the GW and have no players to offer in exchange deals so that means that 90% of players at managed team are off limits to me.

Even buying players from externals is difficult as there are a few teams that are full of 90 rated players who feel the need to bid on every single player they can, these teams also tend to be the least likely to sell anybody for cash

I don't really care too much if some of the big teams are able to have 89's and 90's on the bench but when they buy players who will never make their team just to use them as a potential bargaining chip then I can't see why anyone who takes over a small team would stick around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I manage the worst team in the GW and have no players to offer in exchange deals so that means that 90% of players at managed team are off limits to me.

Even buying players from externals is difficult as there are a few teams that are full of 90 rated players who feel the need to bid on every single player they can, these teams also tend to be the least likely to sell anybody for cash

I don't really care too much if some of the big teams are able to have 89's and 90's on the bench but when they buy players who will never make their team just to use them as a potential bargaining chip then I can't see why anyone who takes over a small team would stick around
    We didn't all start off at big clubs ( well I did but you know what I mean) a lot of lads started at small clubs, built them up and their manager points so when better jobs came along they were first inline! Also if say theres a player at an external club that you and I both want, your chairmanship value of him would be much higher then mine as you need him more hence allowing you too bid much more too buy said player!'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Meh..
    I haven't really got a problem with people holding onto a few extra 89s/90s that only see a few games a season.
    A lot of people forget that some of these 89s were for a long time 88 rated. Its just recently that they've got a bump.

Because lets face it... Anyone who has a bunch of 87s/88s are holding onto them until they're big upgrade.. and i've no problem with that.

Also on doing the whole juve revamp squad thing. You have to be in a certain situation for that to work. Juve were able to pull it off without issue because he had an aging squad in a lot of areas. Now it'd be pointless for someone like Bayern to try that since they have a very young team.

Personally if I know a player is going to rise (Firmino for example) then I'll happily hold onto him until bump... Sure you'd be stupid not to.

http://www.soccermanager.com/player.php?pid=37428

DE JONG, Luuk 89 AM,F(C) Age 23

Available from 15th March, cash only, best bid wins. I'll give ye till Friday 8/3 10pm. PM me bids here or on SM, I will make the highest bid public over the days so people know what they need to beat if they want the player

Available from 15th March, cash only, best bid wins. I'll give ye till Friday 8/3 10pm. PM me bids here or on SM, I will make the highest bid public over the days so people know what they need to beat if they want the player

Quick question...

Am I allowed to bid on this or will it be like the time I bid the asking price for one of your players and it was rejected without reason???

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

The only thing is we can't know what our max bid allowed by the Chairman is until his transfer ban is up? So a lot of the bids could be more than they'll be able to spend? :confused:

• Advertisement

Quick question...

Am I allowed to bid on this or will it be like the time I bid the asking price for one of your players and it was rejected without reason???

:rolleyes:

dont think he can see your comments ....

well now he can;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement