Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Playing that dastardly Chelsea/St pats manager tonight,He can be a tactical genius at times and while he annoyingly doesnt play attacking football leaving counter attack nearly impossible im still optimistic.....Chelsea 1-2 Sunderland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

The only thing is we can't know what our max bid allowed by the Chairman is until his transfer ban is up? So a lot of the bids could be more than they'll be able to spend? :confused:

Woops, ok, sure I'll wait till the ban is up :)

@Tupac, bid away.

You didn't get a reason last time because I didn't want to give one.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

Playing that dastardly Chelsea/St pats manager tonight,He can be a tactical genius at times and while he annoyingly doesnt play attacking football leaving counter attack nearly impossible im still optimistic.....Chelsea 1-2 Sunderland.

Ah the mind games have begun! Celtic beating Pats still hurts. I'll make sure the Chelsea are well prepared for the cunning game plan you will no doubt devise

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hence why I am saying if I sold one of my dc and/or lb for cash and if other managers were willing to sell fringe players it would make it easier to do transfers and there would be alot more of them

Hey don't get me wrong, I've written identical posts to yours before. I've just come to the realization that I don't think it'll change that much sadly :(

I turned down a 13m bid for Mathieu the other day. I'd have accepted it if I thought I could get even a highly rated 88 for that from someone else. But I can't.

And I know that it's a vicious cycle, in that because I won't sell him for cash, no one else will sell either, and no one wants to take the chance of being the first person to initiate that positive cycle of transfers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

For Sale: Tomas Sivok 30yo rated 88.

Click Here!

You like?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Even buying players from externals is difficult as there are a few teams that are full of 90 rated players who feel the need to bid on every single player they can, these teams also tend to be the least likely to sell anybody for cash

This..

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Maybe try cash only transfers for a season and see how it goes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Maybe try cash only transfers for a season and see how it goes?

Limits deals (only 3 between each season) and will result in the same thing; ie. I buy one guy massively over the odds, they buy 2 costs price players

Only difference is that it would end up that we could only do one deal rather than another 2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

In my eyes, cash is what you make of it. If you go about your business thinking cash is worthless, then it'll become worthless.

Or be like me where cash is invaluable!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Cash is worthless!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Yeah cash is fairly worthless. I let huntellar(92) ashley young, iterasspe go for cash last season but won't be letting anyone else go for cash as nobody else will sell any decent players for cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

bazarakus wrote: »
    Cash is worthless!
    Yeah cash is fairly worthless. I let huntellar(92) ashley young, iterasspe go for cash last season but won't be letting anyone else go for cash as nobody else will sell any decent players for cash.

it's not to me......

XVON4HY.gif
    some of my squad players are available for max bid cash offers.....

I have a bid in from Club America for Mathieu. It's a crazy amount of cash.

I would accept it....and likely pass all of it on to another team...if anyone will sell me a younger but sought after 88 rated, or a middle aged 89/90, central or left defender for about 20m.

I have a bid in from Club America for Mathieu. It's a crazy amount of cash.

I would accept it....and likely pass all of it on to another team...if anyone will sell me a younger but sought after 88 rated, or a middle aged 89/90, central defender for about 20m.

Young Luuk will be up for sale on about 8 days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

I will hopefully be selling Moisander/Abdennour in the next week or 2, half hoping to bring Luuk back atm :P

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

"Defender".

I don't kind the game will take kindly to me playing young Luuk in central defence.

"Defender".

I don't kind the game will take kindly to me playing young Luuk in central defence.

Woops, no idea how I missed that :D

:p

Sending a few messages out offering all the cash I could have if I sell Mathieu and the offer of a youngster too.

• Advertisement

it's nearly a year (6/4/13) when he last scored a goal...... :o

the force is not strong with this one...... :D

swoody wrote: »
    it's nearly a year (6/4/13) when he last scored a goal...... :o

the force is not strong with this one...... :D

Then don't buy him, simple.

Go on, throw out another reused .gif there for the "laugh" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Few lads on chat too me there and I was over and back doing things but my smally has taken control of the laptop before I could reply too ye all so my apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Few lads on chat too me there and I was over and back doing things but my smally has taken control of the laptop before I could reply too ye all so my apologies

Ya rejected my bid...Kinda wish ya hadn't bothered replying...:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

MrMac84 wrote: »

I've sympathy with you dude!

Feel your pain ;)

Hmm...not much luck finding people even willing to enter negotiations for left back players yet. :(

Meanwhile, off to Valencia tonight. Not feeling good. Most of my first team are wrecked and need a break after the cup match.

Hmm...not much luck finding people even willing to enter negotiations for left back players yet. :(

Meanwhile, off to Valencia tonight. Not feeling good. Most of my first team are wrecked and need a break after the cup match.

How about Luuk?

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

How about Luuk?

:pac:

I need a new keeper, can he play there too? :P

I need a new keeper, can he play there too? :P

Well he's not scoring so maybe a positional change could do him some good!! :)

• Advertisement

slevadnes.gif
    40f6610fa6e31a21cae977e440f05ddf.png

buy-now-GIF.gif

8d8dc0ac8e4d6decf1b45a0a717088fa.jpg

Fry-Shut-Up-and-Take-My-Money-Futurama.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement