Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Just love Zlatan!!

Zlatan Ibrahimović ✔ @Ibra_official Follow
    Hey @MATUIDIBlaise I saw your goal last night. Magnifique. You must have been watching Zlatan in training. #DareToZlatan
    1:11 PM - 6 Mar 2014

His tweet last night :)

The hashtag it just briliant! :D

Don't how true this but apparently 'to Zlatan' has entered the Swedish dictionary as way of doing something with supreme skill or outrageousness, i.e., "That goal was totally Zlatan" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Shocked by this as it defies the win in friendly and lose in league logic

Tommy Cahir steered AS Roma to victory against West Bromwich Albion.
    AS Roma outclassed West Bromwich Albion and beat them 2 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Totti scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Ilicic was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Totti is bang on form at the moment for me, defying logic at 37 he is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

Totti was always brilliant for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Don't how true this but apparently 'to Zlatan' has entered the Swedish dictionary as way of doing something with supreme skill or outrageousness, i.e., "That goal was totally Zlatan" :)

Yep here it is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

SS Lazio slumped to a 3 - 0 defeat against Cruzeiro in their Division 3 fixture

Great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Now we're talking!

Al Capwned steered Barcelona to victory against Spartak Moskva.
    Barcelona beat Spartak Moskva 4 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Bale scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Ronaldo and Iniesta were also amongst the goalscorers.

Also, I'm delighted with Ogenyi Onazi's form, another 8 tonight, and an assist after scoring against Donetsk last game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Thats the right answer considering the amounts of transfers we could be doing. ;)

Munster magic you around?? :)

I'm here:-(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy steered Estudiantes to victory against Wolfsburg.
    Estudiantes outclassed Wolfsburg and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Hoilett scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Giggs was also on the scoresheet for his side

We're sneaking back into the playoff spots again!!! Currently in 6th!!

Hopefully Hoilett can go on and rediscover last season's goalscoring touch!!

:):cool::D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Right, accepted the 16m bid on Mathieu.

I might regret selling a 90 rated defender for cash, but it was an offer I don't think I could turn down, and I'll slot De Marcos in as a replacement for now.

Have to say I'm disappointed by how hard it's being to find even people to negotiate with when it comes to buying a left back. I think other than GT (Who I meant to say, sorry for disappearing last night, something came up), most people either reply "lol no" or don't reply at all when I approach them :/

But **** it, I'll sell a 90 for straight cash. Now who'll sell me a left back for some cash too :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

I might regret selling a 90 rated defender for cash, but it was an offer I don't think I could turn down, and I'll slot De Marcos in as a replacement for now.

Have to say I'm disappointed by how hard it's being to find even people to negotiate with when it comes to buying a left back. I think other than GT (Who I meant to say, sorry for disappearing last night, something came up), most people either reply "lol no" or don't reply at all when I approach them :/

But **** it, I'll sell a 90 for straight cash. Now who'll sell me a left back for some cash too :P

You haven't asked me about buying any of my left backs. Have you asked me? I drift in and out to be honest. Ask me, I have hunners

• Advertisement

Last time I tried buyinga. Player off you, you kept getting snarky about how cash means nothing, so wasn't rushing to make cash offers :P

Last time I tried buyinga. Player off you, you kept getting snarky about how cash means nothing, so wasn't rushing to make cash offers :P

I understand completely.

Though you've got a PM now if you do want to open negotiations ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Just done the same with Carvalho, hope he does well for Leverkusen but not too well;)

Hopefully these couple of transfers may kickstart another bit of a merry go round and make cash useful again

I could sell you Schennikov for cash if you were interested in him? I know he is only 88 but he is a decent young left back

Cash is useless!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Wed 5 March: Juventus have made an offer to Ruch Chorzów for Michal HELIK of 590,000.

Thu 6 March: The offer for Michal HELIK of Ruch Chorzów from Juventus has been accepted.

Fri 7 March: Michal HELIK has completed his move to Juventus from Ruch Chorzów for 590,000

One or more of your players, or players on your shortlist, have had a rating or position change. Please see the Reports tab in your squad page.

Michal HELIK - 75 Player Rating Increase 2 77 7 Mar

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

bazarakus wrote: »
    Cash is useless!

It is for blagging top players - useful for paying way over the odds for newly added players to the database though.

Had a couple of PMs asking would I sell 90+ rated player for cash. Would I consider weakening my squad and have a load a cash that I cannot buy a replacement with ... ooh .. tough one that.

It is for blagging top players - useful for paying way over the odds for newly added players to the database though.

Had a couple of PMs asking would I sell 90+ rated player for cash. Would I consider weakening my squad and have a load a cash that I cannot buy a replacement with ... ooh .. tough one that.

But that's kind of the problem, isn't it? (And this isn't aimed directly at you; it's a general point, but using what you said as the example).

In an ideal world, you'd sell Cole (a player who has been transfer listed for ages) for cash, add it to the large amount you'd already have as Chelsea, and then spend that cash on another player from another team. That team would then invest that cash into other players. At the same time, the team who bought Cole would possibly sell the player he was meant to replace. The market would work on the cash flowing from multiple teams to multiple teams.

Instead, because you won't sell for cash, the person who wants to buy Cole won't sell for cash, other teams get the message that "cash is useless" and the market gets terrified. Cash is thus "useless" only because managers (and, imo, mainly the top ones) say it's useless.

Meanwhile, Club America and Leverkusen just bought 90 rated players for cash. Older ones, granted, but still players who improve their team. Cash is useless if people think it is. If people start selling for cash, it won't be useless anymore.

@Newcastle
    Thanks for the offer. Honestly, as I told Baz earlier, I am looking for an upgrade on DeMarcos who is 88 and young enough to hopefully rise, so thanks but he's not the fit I'm looking for right now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

But that's kind of the problem, isn't it? (And this isn't aimed directly at you; it's a general point, but using what you said as the example).

In an ideal world, you'd sell Cole (a player who has been transfer listed for ages) for cash, add it to the large amount you'd already have as Chelsea, and then spend that cash on another player from another team. That team would then invest that cash into other players. At the same time, the team who bought Cole would possibly sell the player he was meant to replace. The market would work on the cash flowing from multiple teams to multiple teams.

Instead, because you won't sell for cash, the person who wants to buy Cole won't sell for cash, other teams get the message that "cash is useless" and the market gets terrified. Cash is thus "useless" only because managers (and, imo, mainly the top ones) say it's useless.

Meanwhile, Club America and Leverkusen just bought 90 rated players for cash. Older ones, granted, but still players who improve their team. Cash is useless if people think it is. If people start selling for cash, it won't be useless anymore.

@Newcastle
    Thanks for the offer. Honestly, as I told Baz earlier, I am looking for an upgrade on DeMarcos who is 88 and young enough to hopefully rise, so thanks but he's not the fit I'm looking for right now :)

The only reason cash is useless is because of these back room deals which are organised through other leagues which makes it impossible to know what are good offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

JamboMac wrote: »
    The only reason cash is useless is because of these back room deals which are organised through other leagues which makes it impossible to know what are good offers.

05d.jpg

• Advertisement

cash is useless

He does that.....

Then turns around and blames you for him being vague about the whole thing!

We still love him though! And all is forgiven (if you sell me Mario that is ;-) )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

He does that.....

We still love him though! And all is forgiven (if you sell me Mario that is ;-) )

Weird.. My conversation regarding Balotelli went totally different ;)

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Weird.. My conversation regarding Balotelli went totally different ;)

Well that being the case, Baz could have just said..... He's sold

Would have been nice to have been told that information so I could have moved on to other targets...... Sigh

Well that being the case, Baz could have just said..... He's sold

Would have been nice to have been told that information so I could have moved on to other targets...... Sigh

Who said he was sold...

He does that.....

Tupac is useless.

Manchester Utd and PSG managers START ****ING REPLYING!!!!!!! :mad:

I know you's are on Boards daily so you should see this.
    Its really bloody annoying messaging people who are obviously on but don't reply back. Fair enough some people can't see Chat so thats ok.. But there's no excuse for not replying to a PM.

/Rant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Manchester Utd and PSG managers START ****ING REPLYING!!!!!!! :mad:

I know you's are on Boards daily so you should see this.
    Its really bloody annoying messaging people who are obviously on but don't reply back. Fair enough some people can't see Chat so thats ok.. But there's no excuse for not replying to a PM.

/Rant

That seems to be the same with the copa league man utd manager doesn't reply to offers if they ain't good enough say no as my offer been sitting there nearly 2 weeks now.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Best thing do to is bid and give it a few days, just withdraw if there's no answer

From the past I know both teams don't sell, I've had around 6/7 "I don't want to sell this player" from PSG and with United it seems will only sell on their terms, I bid for Kagawa and it was left for weeks but then I got a bid from them to straight swap Evra for Coentrao

• Advertisement

Best thing do to is bid and give it a few days, just withdraw if there's no answer

From the past I know both teams don't sell, I've had around 6/7 "I don't want to sell this player" from PSG and with United it seems will only sell on their terms, I bid for Kagawa and it was left for weeks but then I got a bid from them to straight swap Evra for Coentrao

I've no problem with someone rejecting my bid.. My issue's start when the manager won't reply to any PMs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement